Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah right, patch today. Played a game just now with more lag comp than I've ever seen.

There was no patch today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

On xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,861 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iMuse wrote: »
    Apparently they are getting rid of lag compensation in the next patch to make the matchmaking like Blops

Im tempted to give it a rent again

Just tempted thou

• Registered Users Posts: 53,861 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So did the patch work for the lag on mw3? From what I hear no change

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Headshot wrote: »

From what I have experienced on the Xbox...there is more lag. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Headshot wrote: »

People are getting confused, the patch is not out yet, will be next month before its out. The patch released this week was to fix a glitch with elite premium members not being able to download DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

People are getting confused, the patch is not out yet, will be next month before its out. The patch released this week was to fix a glitch with elite premium members not being able to download DLC.

Was wondering, I got really bad lag for most of yesterday, today's not so bad, hopefully the patch will sort it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

That's mad because the past 2 days had been relatively lag free for me. Odd coincidence heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

double xp this weekend according to call of duty elite twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

e_e wrote: »
    That's mad because the past 2 days had been relatively lag free for me. Odd coincidence heh.

Maybe they are launching "placebo patches" as part of a cost-cutting exercise ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Had no lag issues till I read this - Now lag everywhere - fack u boards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

ardinn wrote: »
    Had no lag issues till I read this - Now lag everywhere - fack u boards

Do you mean to you havn't noticed any lag till read the thread? If so is the game better or worse for you?

I don't understand people saying stuff like this.

Your just making up bull**** about you getting killed IMO

Most people on Board's with the exception of a few have a decent connection and complain of lag,most people we play against are on a 4 bar so that mean's fairly even playing field.

Frustrating that people are making up "lag spikes" when nothing at all happened.

//rant

I'll admit to shouting lag a bit but I'm sure youv seen my connection, the fact that it's very rarely 4 bar, usually 3, and in about 1 in 5 games I'm dropped to a 1 bar. This isn't the games fault, it's my connection, but I'm still gonna rage about it :)

People constantly raging though a whole match is starting to annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Agreed. Anyone with a ping under 50 and can consistantly pull a 4 bar or even a 3 bar has no right complaining about lag. It is different in MW3 with the lag comp but in every other cod nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Game is fine when (rarely) i'm on 4 bars. 3 bars regularly dropping to 2...not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I used to play MW2 on a pure wireless connection and trust me I know what lag is :eek:
    Now have a good internet and it's largely lag free. This weekend I was pulling host in nearly every game. Sometimes though things happen that just make no sense (knifing in particular as I play a lot of Infected now) and some of the killcams don't reflect what I just saw on my screen.
    I fcukin love MW2/MW3 don't know why so much but do have a kinda addictive personality. Lag imo is the worse thing (except dead man's hand) about MW3 & while it don't effect me as much as others it's a major issue for some of the ppl I play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

The connection doesn't bother me half as much as some of the ***** playing at the moment or some of the bizarre match making that happens every now and then. I'll go between a 3 bar and a 4 bar and even sometimes a no bar. Its manageable cause you know you might get a **** connection in one game and it'll be good in the next. Glad the x2 XP is over though as there seemed to be alot more camping idiots this weekend compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

AdamD wrote: »
    Game is fine when (rarely) i'm on 4 bars. 3 bars regularly dropping to 2...not so much

Mines is the same, when its just the xbox on the net I normally get a 4 bar on a UPC host but 95% of the time im dropping down as low as a 1 bar. The amount of difference a 4 bar makes is unbelievable. Black Ops is much more manageable on a 3 bar imo

Muse and Lynx are the exceptions to it that I was talking about,people with 100+ upc really can't complain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Muse and Lynx are the exceptions to it that I was talking about,people with 100+ upc really can't complain

I've been playing with a wireless connection this whole time, apart from xboxlive sh*tting itself every now and then I play online mostly lag free.

I also drop sneaky farts as I walk by begging romanians but thats a different story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I used to play MW2 on a pure wireless connection and trust me I know what lag is :eek:
    Now have a good internet and it's largely lag free. This weekend I was pulling host in nearly every game. Sometimes though things happen that just make no sense (knifing in particular as I play a lot of Infected now) and some of the killcams don't reflect what I just saw on my screen.
    I fcukin love MW2/MW3 don't know why so much but do have a kinda addictive personality. Lag imo is the worse thing (except dead man's hand) about MW3 & while it don't effect me as much as others it's a major issue for some of the ppl I play with.
    how can you tell when your hosting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Generally if you get into the game quicker than others on your team its a fair indication that you're host.So if the normal count down is from 10 , if you get in and it starts at 15 ,you're host.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was hitting select right at the start and I was the only one in the room and everyone else was a one bar. I only checked it a few times tbh but it was the same every time with a really good connection - I just kinda assumed I was hosting.
    Someone told me as well if you count down from 13 you are the host. Sometimes it counts down from 12. Not sure about that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

also when you are on the loading screen just before the game starts and if it says awaiting connection..0 you are host, this can also be seen if the is a host migration. also i think most people( myself included) on a 4bar complain about lag or what ever due to Lag compensation, if your not on a really good 4 bar or host you will never really experience it

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

Meatwad wrote: »
    Generally if you get into the game quicker than others on your team its a fair indication that you're host.So if the normal count down is from 10 , if you get in and it starts at 15 ,you're host.

so this is why i can never get the bomb in S&D im always last to join so therefor at back of my team

baldymac wrote: »
    so this is why i can never get the bomb in S&D im always last to join so therefor at back of my team

Nah I think th starting spawn positions are random

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Do you mean to you havn't noticed any lag till read the thread? If so is the game better or worse for you?

Im saying I was pretty impressed with the lack of lag - that is until my attention was drawn to it here, then noticed some small lag issues, and then some big ones, even other players jumping (as in strobe effect or missing frames)

My connection (wireless) is up around 70% most days and with vodafone - But last night it was fine - I'm pretty happy with it tbh.

Think I may have found my connection problem... Damn wireless adaptor :mad: changed to Ethernet cable earlier and now I'm getting steady 3 and even the odd 4 bar games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I used to use wireless adaptor and it had 3 walls between it and modem. Well saying connection was pants. Now running cable in and so much improved.only time now I see ****e conn is yank or Canadian lobbies which happened tonight. Ps wireless adaptor for sale. Over to adverts it is then.

Advertisement