Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

AdamD wrote: »
    What's All or Nothing? Love a bit of Gun Game

all or nothing is great craic, you have a p99 with no ammo,a tac knife nd a throwing knife, if you kill someone you can pick up ammo.

gun game is good, first to 18 guns wins, theres no humiliation though from what I can tell although I didnt get stabbed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gun game's great. Not a fan of all or nothing though, knifing on this game is just pure connection and 10 people is too many on a lot of the maps. Also, got hardhat and mission 90% of the time? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

AdamD wrote: »
    Gun game's great. Not a fan of all or nothing though, knifing on this game is just pure connection and 10 people is too many on a lot of the maps. Also, got hardhat and mission 90% of the time? :S

Now that you mention it, them maps are what I see the most too. I'm not complaining, the likes of Outpost would be headwrecking, you'd spend the majority of the map running!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just realised PS Elite can d/l the overwatch map since last week. Shows you how blown away I've been by the last DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Just noticed if you put Stalker and a Holographic (I think maybe just the Hybrid version) on an M4A1 the thing jumps like crazy if you walk in ADS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

New maps tomo... Sanctuary and Foundation

578174_331366450249831_173371919382619_832471_100852027_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Just downloaded them, gonna have a try now.

just had a crack off foundation on domination, quite good i must say, good few open lines of sight, and areas of cover too

the sanctuary isnt bad, bit of a maze at first then again i guess it was the first time, glad there was no campers on the new maps like the last drop, then again its early yet :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I've been a massive critic of IW and the COD series as of late. I honestly thought MW3 was the pits and the previous DLC's didn't convince me otherwise. But this is more like it....

Really impressed with the two new maps - Sanctuary and Foundation. The latter is like a big Rust from MW2 - obviously being bigger, it doesn't keep that atmosphere but shots can come from literally anywhere over two levels. Both of these maps are good for snipers. Sanctuary has great colours and a unique setting - having a battle inside the church is cool.

The best two maps to be released yet IMO - more of these IW...kinda reminiscent of previous COD maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Both of these maps are good for snipers. Sanctuary has great colours and a unique setting - having a battle inside the church is cool.

noticed one camper spot on sanctuary, where the long bridge is you can jump over the wall and there's a crumbled path going under the buildings, caught two boyscouts pitching the tents here with thermal scopes on. they were so kind to keep coming back to the same spot a couple of times too:) difficult to spot them down there coz its so dark

i spotted that patht the other day, i found it handy getting from c dom to a dom avoiding the camping cnuts on the way ;)
    good place to throw a betty

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Just wanna ask a simple question. Should I pick up the DLC Collection pack 1 for XBL??

new maps keeps the game interesting, its only 12 yoyo

Just wanna ask a simple question. Should I pick up the DLC Collection pack 1 for XBL??

Probably not, its kinda shite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What are the latest 2 like Doc? Might get them n leave the rest

IPAM wrote: »

They aren't that bad... Well they looked good and had a nice flow to them when I checked it out for dom on a private game, I haven't got to play a public game on them yet though. Foundation looked like a decent map, Sanctuary looked a bit like a campers paradise in some parts...

Check out tmartn's channel for his jumps and spots to see what you think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Avoid Collection 1 like the plague. Wait for Collection 2 - you will get 6 maps including the two new one's which are awesome.

IPAM wrote: »

Get Foundation and Sanctuary - two of the best maps to date IMHO - they feel "old school" - retro COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Apparently they are getting rid of lag compensation in the next patch to make the matchmaking like Blops

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only took, what, 6 months?

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Bit late now havn't touched the game in 3 months. And it wouldn't make a blind difference to us with bad internet anyway so meh

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Any Steam/PC players listen up,

Last night's patch on Steam was for the upcoming DLC Collection 1 which is currently in testing.

Full news here - http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/PC-Modern-Warfare-3-UPDATE-incoming

No ETA of a release date.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

iMuse wrote: »
    matchmaking like Blops

crying-meme_large.png

18856474.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hmmm so while I have bad broadband there's no lag compensation,I finally get decent broadband and they introduce lag compensation and now that I'm going back to bad internet again there getting rid of lag compenstion.......well played COD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I have bad broadband and have to say that lag compensation is awful. GIVE ME MW2 SERVERS NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Apparently they are getting rid of lag compensation in the next patch to make the matchmaking like Blops

Yeah right, patch today. Played a game just now with more lag comp than I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As a PC player: Needs more dedicated servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

About fcuking time. I recall talking in the mega-bitch thread at the turn of the year giving out about lag compensation and someone else saying that it was "in fact been removed from the game in a patch weeks ago" and wasn't in the game since before January.

Hope to god they get rid of bars for black ops 2, give us ping/latency/whatever in ms, we're big boys & girls we're not afraid of numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Yeah right, patch today. Played a game just now with more lag comp than I've ever seen.

New matchmaking patch isnt out yet, one of the devs says it will be in the next one

Advertisement