Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Denny M wrote: »
    I'd punch him just for saying St. Patty.

I had to tell an American friend to call it Paddy's Day not Patty's Day, he didnt realise Paddy is short for Patrick, and not Paddy as in the slur for Irish people, as if we call it Paddy's Day as an insult to ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If he comes to Cork I'll have a word with him, and then I'll fcuk his girlfriend. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Maybe MW4 will have a Downtown Templebar Saturday night in it after his experience in the coming week!
    Or a maze called coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

@gcgirl - I think Coppers would be a more appropriate setting for a Zombies map!!

@Mini - good plan! Score his missus and then walk up to him and say..

"Why don't you give her a f*king second chance?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

He's in Dublin lads, so it's up to one of you who's good looking enough to pull his missus should she be with him. Use the accent to the best of your abilities, Americans really do love it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

He's in Dublin lads

Send in LazyFingers. Job done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

He's in Dublin lads, so it's up to one of you who's good looking enough to pull his missus should she be with him. Use the accent to the best of your abilities, Americans really do love it :pac:
    x43r0 wrote: »
    Send in LazyFingers. Job done

Conclusion: X thinks lazyfingers is good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

yimrsg wrote: »

Is she into mods? :cool::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Is she into mods? :cool::pac:

Nah, she usually reports them for wall hacks etc

I'll get my coat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Aimbot ;)

(I jest!)

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »

Actual conclusion: LazyFingers has the (supposed) lady skills and the badges of honour (stds) to prove it!

So people were on to me telling me last night the LMGs have been buffed.

Tmartn's vid here:

The gist is they're all 3 shot kills now at all ranges, bar the m60 at shotgun range which is a 2 hit kill. The weakest lmg, the l86 was originally a 5 hit kill at range is now one of the strongest. The mk46 and the m60 are still top when it comes to fire rate and damage potential respectively but the l86 is the big winner in the lmgs as it easy to use with it's fast reload, good fire rate and low recoil. The downside of the buff is it lessens the pkp's importance as it was the lmg with the longest 3 shot kill range (bar the m60) before the buff and now has very little going for it. Both it and the mg36 are left behind.

I'd agree with Tmartn's vid that grip is better than kick, but I definitely think he's wrong thinking marksman is better than stalker especially as he's emphasising the importance of mobility on lmgs. Speed proficiency and stalker gives you enough mobility and is an alternative to running extreme conditioning as a tier one perk. I've not had a chance to try out many of the lmgs since the update and see any noticeable improvement but the buff should increase the variety of setups like impact, grip, recon and hardline pro. The silencer not affecting damage could be a boon but more than likely it'll encourage campers.

If I'm honest I'm glad the lmgs got a buff but I think the manner in which it was implemented wholesale on an entire class is just lazy/naive by the developers. Making them all identical in doing 3 shot kills, reduces variety and only brings a form of communism to mw3. I can see the silencer not affecting damage being a real problem over time.
    16591721.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,860 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did they ever get around to fixing the lagggggggggggggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

buffed lmgs you say? time to get back on mw3 then. *caresses rpd*

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Got the new maps this evening and started playing them to see what they were like. Little did I know the world of hurt I was letting myself in for. The amount of camping/assassin/blind eye/dead silence that was going on was nuts. I don't see how you learn a new map by sitting in a corner, seems like going for reward without putting in any effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

No idea why they buffed LMGs. They were already beastly weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Think they'd give double weapon xp as well or a few prestige tokens cause so many are 15th.But that'd make sense and treat people as if IW actually listen to people that play the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I'd much more prefer the choice on game boot up for 1 Hour of Double XP, 2 Hours of Weapon XP or one prestige token.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

id much prefer if they just fixed some of the crap that happens in it. i just love that i can empty the best part of a full clip at someone and get 6-7 hit markers and not put them down but they can take me out with one shot. place must be littered with Neo type feckers from the matrix dodging bullets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Meatwad wrote: »
    Think they'd give double weapon xp as well or a few prestige tokens cause so many are 15th.But that'd make sense and treat people as if IW actually listen to people that play the game...

I want the PM9 gold god dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I want the PM9 gold god dammit.

You ain't Cody baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Can anyone tell me how big the download size is for the new DLC? And are the maps playable in free for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Can anyone tell me how big the download size is for the new DLC? And are the maps playable in free for all?

Just under 500mb if I remember correctly...and no FFA option from what I could see on the new maps...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I wonder when they will announce the additonal 5 Prestige's to bring us up to 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I prestiged to 9th this weekend and have now definately finished prestiging ............ for the third time.:rolleyes:

Seriously if I have to set up my classes one more time I'm just snapping the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Does anyone know if I use my prestige token for 2 hours of double xp this weekend, will I be getting double double xp for those 2 hours ? As in quadruple xp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

claiva wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I use my prestige token for 2 hours of double xp this weekend, will I be getting double double xp for those 2 hours ? As in quadruple xp ?

dont forget the double moab XP too this weekend, so is that double the double of teh double

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

sextuple XP?? That would be madness!

hypermuse wrote: »
    sextuple XP?? That would be madness!

Also math fail.

2^3 = 2x2x2=8.

I can also hear pudding.

• Advertisement

claiva wrote: »

I'd say it'll just give you an extra 2hours that'd come into effect when the xp weekend finishes

Advertisement