Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

After getting marathon pro in blops that was reason enough to never prestige again in it, now that was a fooking hard pro perk to get but i liked how ya hadta really set out to get pro perks they may aswell just give ya the pro perks on mw3 would get em after a few games no bodge.

Im prestiging away on mw3 only cause me and a few friends are having a race to tenth, well now fifteenth preatige, wer just social players ayways

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

First PS3 LAN on Mw3: http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv

RGT8 streaming all weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Think they patched the sitrep pro glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Think they patched the sitrep pro glitch.

They did. Someone suggested SitRep Pro can now hear Dead Silence but I didn't notice it before I prestiged. Gonna leave getting SitRep Pro till I finish prestiging as it's a bitch to get, such limited visual range and so rarely see objects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Roberto is trying his best to get on our side :rolleyes:
    ”Keep classic maps outside of the DLC model,” Robert Bowling, creative strategist of Infinity Ward, said in a recent Machinima live stream.
    It was on the 21st of February, when Robert Bowling was a guest on Machinima’s live stream concerning the third content drop for Modern Warfare 3.

During the interview, Bowling was asked the question, “Do you like the idea of bringing back classic maps?” which initiated a conversation about Bowling’s views on their current DLC model.

Bowling is excited about bringing classic maps to Modern Warfare 3, but he feels that the maps should be kept outside of the current DLC model: “Like for DLC,” he said, “if you are paying for stuff and it’s included in your subscription, it should all be new content.”

“If we want to do a throwback map,” he said, “let that be outside the DLC model, let it be free, let it be to everyone. Don’t let it be restricted by contracts and partnerships and all that f*cking money stuff. Let it just be there.”

Only the future will tell if Bowling’s wishes will come true, but if that day comes it will certainly be a great day to be a Call of Duty player.

Which classic Call of Duty maps would you like to see in Modern Warfare 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ ok Bobby, stop swearing and just GIVE US THE FUKING MAPS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

It would be a good move by Activision. They should give us the maps instead of the extra month of fail elite.

I have to agree, to date, the dlc has not been worthwhile. The only up side to elite is the now operational clan ops.

Without them been available, I would have warded people off elite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

So what does you's think?
    It's a bit meh
    Overwatch looks better

I burnt the dinner tonight as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I haven't played any of the DLC maps in ages, says it all really. Not worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I feel kinda bad for the lads that have em, a good few of us don't, so they don't get to play them :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

IPAM wrote: »
    I feel kinda bad for the lads that have em, a good few of us don't, so they don't get to play them :o

Would they not be happy in a way.....cause they're so ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Piazza didn't seem that bad (only played domination) but Liberation (only played TDM) was a joke. Spawn, sniped, spawn, sniped. Rinse and repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would jizz if we got any of Highrise/Terminal/Scrapyard/Invasion for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Piazza didn't seem that bad (only played domination) but Liberation (only played TDM) was a joke. Spawn, sniped, spawn, sniped. Rinse and repeat!

This for me as well^

Spawns seem an absolute joke. Also since the update today the sound on mw3 seems to have gone very bad especially the mics. Anyone else have this? (PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Finical wrote: »
    This for me as well^

Spawns seem an absolute joke. Also since the update today the sound on mw3 seems to have gone very bad especially the mics. Anyone else have this? (PS3)

I think the voice volume might have been reset to a default or something (I know people complained after the voice improvement patch that even if they put the voice volume to zero they could still hear people) with the download today as I had to increase the volume up again and it was back to normal then.

Not sure if it's noticeable anywhere else either or whether it's been like this for a while but on Hardhat it seems the A spawn on domination has shifted. I think normally the flag would be right in front of you. When I was playing earlier today we spawned to the right of the flag in the corner where one of the drop zone areas normally is.

EDIT - just looked at some youtube videos the spawn was always there! No idea why I thought otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Can you share with maps with someone who hasnt got elite?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Can you share with maps with someone who hasnt got elite?????

It's against the charter to discuss illegal filesharing.

Me nd all. This time last year we were enjoying Blops DLC with a selection of good maps and even then if you got sick of MP you had zombies. Their strategy with releasing MW3 DLC is a complete flop imo. Dont know about ye but iv barely touched any of the maps

+1

I used to get excited about the DLC for COD. 4/5 maps and we'd play DLC playlists. Now I really could care less to get two maps that few people are going to have and no-one (virtually) is going to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Finical wrote: »
    Also since the update today the sound on mw3 seems to have gone very bad especially the mics. Anyone else have this? (PS3)
    I had this to, exit the lobby and go into options and you can turn up the volume for the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

new map pic from the mw3 facebook, Mayday its called, looks cool

Am1rnqDCEAA3yl6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

krudler wrote: »
    new map pic from the mw3 facebook, Mayday its called, looks cool

Hmmm... I'm listening..

First map pic I've seen and thought that could be good!

Maybe its just coz afgan was cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Just wondering have the FMG's been nerfed? I haven't been on MW3 much since playing Gears of war 3 for a bit of a change. And the fire rate in those guns seem terrible. So I have switched to a stinger and went 31 - 9 in kill confirmed. So it goes to show you're better off without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just wondering have the FMG's been nerfed? I haven't been on MW3 much since playing Gears of war 3 for a bit of a change. And the fire rate in those guns seem terrible. So I have switched to a stinger and went 31 - 9 in kill confirmed. So it goes to show you're better off without them.

Based on 1 game? :confused: they were nerfed but still OP IMO. I've recently been using the MP9 and it is beast! Have stinger on 4/9 and MP9/Akimbo on 5/9 classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

hypermuse wrote: »
    Hmmm... I'm listening..

First map pic I've seen and thought that could be good!

Maybe its just coz afgan was cool!

My sentiments exactly :D

They were nerfed again recently according to NGT. ROF has been dramatically reduced on all MPs apparently (halved??). Haven't used them in awhile (tho was using the MP9s) so don't really know myself.
    I'll have to start using overkill and the scrambler on my sniper class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

New missions:

427375_10150611057504132_116619509131_9355379_1055108647_n.jpg

425857_10150611057174132_1802876688_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BoDiddly

Hope this is the right place, can someone help me out, I just purchased an xbox and MW3, the problem I have is I can not find the new map content to download, I've not joined Elite, but Im sure it's available without being an elite member ( or am I wrong ? ). I have had a look via the mw3 store and via xbox live market place, I've seen Blops add ons but no mw3, all I can see are 36 avatar add ons plus various free items, am I doing something wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BoDiddly

Ah, well thanks, for the quick reply, so you do need to purchase the Elite it is not available without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They were nerfed again recently according to NGT. ROF has been dramatically reduced on all MPs apparently (halved??). Haven't used them in awhile (tho was using the MP9s) so don't really know myself.
    I'll have to start using overkill and the scrambler on my sniper class.

Think Yimrag posted a vid showing it wasn't the case, but that they were in fact increased.... :confused:

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Think Yimrag posted a vid showing it wasn't the case, but that they were in fact increased.... :confused:

They were certainly nerfed from what they were like in the beginning but were still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too powerful.
    NGT only posted the comment on Feb 25th so I assume it was a recent patch.
    TBH while I'm not that bothered I tend to get irationally emotional when killed by someone akimboing 'em.

Advertisement