Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

krudler wrote: »
    the rpd is my favourite gun ever, was raging they didnt include it in mw3, with extended mags its a beast of a gun, spawn trap the enemy on B flag on skidrow, aim down the corridor of death, let rip, multikilltastic.
    RPD on Cod4 was so much fun, felt so powerful when you were using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

New patch 2moro on xbox, Sitrep Pro will be able to hear dead silence apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

iMuse wrote: »
    New patch 2moro on xbox, Sitrep Pro will be able to hear dead silence apparently.

Great news if true, however since campers don't move all that much you won't be able to hear them once they're in a corner. Hopefully they'll look at doing something to lower the amount of assassin users, either make them show up on heartbeat sensors, motion sensors, advanced uavs, or have some vulnerablility, in order to make more perks/equipment viable alternatives. Maybe increase the range of the scrambler and have it so it cancels assassin and makes them visible to your team. If only they'd left in stopping power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Did they patch the Sitrep Pro glitch yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Did they patch the Sitrep Pro glitch yet?

No, killed myself 30 something times in a row yesterday to get it.

Dead silence is one of the main reasons for stopping me when I'm trying for the moab. That and knifing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If Dead Silence wasn't in the game it would give people with expensive headsets a ridiculous advantage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

New prestiges out now. Looks decent IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was getting close... now I'm fu*king miles away again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

They are all the same with different numbers above them , very lazy by IW imo.

Do I bother prestiging or not ........aagggghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The new map is bollox, campers paradise the few games I played on it.

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    They are all the same with different numbers above them , very lazy by IW imo.

Do I bother prestiging or not ........aagggghhhhh

Yea I just found that out, very lazy indeed!

Oh an yea, prestige! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

iMuse wrote: »

desk-flip.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Where do you intend to finish prestiging? TBH after I get to seven, which will be the next day or so, I'll have everything I want unlocked & will probably stop there.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Where do you intend to finish prestiging? TBH after I get to seven, which will be the next day or so, I'll have everything I want unlocked & will probably stop there.

If I had more time off I would prestige all the way. I'm more a rec player though so don't see the point in prestiging. I'm only ever on for a few hours a week so don't want to spend the whole time with shítty classes.

Prestiged twice to get some weapon slots but that's it for me. 7 will do :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Love thw way they added another 5 prestiges, if black ops 2 is crap like the first one then ill have plenty more to play on mw3, only on 5th now.

Can anyone explain to me their reasoning to get top prestige? I've got all 10 class slots at prestige 3 and don't intend moving up another one. The only incentive I can see is having a different icon or emblem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

NinjaK wrote: »
    Love thw way they added another 5 prestiges, if black ops 2 is crap like the first one then ill have plenty more to play on mw3, only on 5th now.

Your one of the only people that do like it,why did they no patch everything else before giving us ****ty prestiges that no one want's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

yimrsg wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me their reasoning to get top prestige? I've got all 10 class slots at prestige 3 and don't intend moving up another one. The only incentive I can see is having a different icon or emblem.

Only reasoning I can see is to keep the game somewhat fresh and encouraging you to try new guns you may not have before.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Only reasoning I can see is to keep the game somewhat fresh and encouraging you to try new guns you may not have before.

You're potentially losing out on using later guns that way, such as the m60 and others. If they offered something more substantial than pictures like extra classes then yes I'd prestige again. I just was surprised to read so many people were happy about it.

I think it's like the "Why do you want to climb Mt Everest" response "Because it's there".

I'm getting grief from a number of lvl 10s in our clan cos I've more or less decided not to prestige after 7.
    Got to 7 in MW2 and never missed going further.
    Never prestiged in Blops but kinda regretted that after. Subsequently prestiged just to get the token.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

When I got to 10th thought grand can focus on trying out other things in the game I wouldn't normally do, but just ended up using the same guns and killstreaks that I was comfortable with and got kinda bored. I realized I actually enjoy the prestige process as I use guns wouldn't normally use and different things for challenges, so it keeps the game fresh. Think its a bit of a hangover from the 80's as well, that when I wasn't trying to prestige, I was looking at all the points racking up and thinking "what a waste.That was almost a full rank".
    Although saying that ,prestiged to 11th last night and miss all my old set up. But main reason I'm continuing with it is to get custom classes and stuff I missed out on the first time around cause mainly blew the tokens on crap like the fad and double xp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Prestiging is bull****. Its only so people dont get fed up of the game after getting to level 80.

"Would you like to trade everything in for a bit of prestige...." hmmmm no, every Tom Dick and Harry can make it to the 10th, there's no prestige involved imo.

I dont see why they're adding in 5 prestiges now and 5 later on sometime. They should have mentioned that before people got to the 10th and their pro perks and gold guns etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Your one of the only people that do like it,why did they no patch everything else before giving us ****ty prestiges that no one want's

I guess you never read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056084360

The game was a failure like waw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

NinjaK wrote: »
    I guess you never read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056084360

The game was a failure like waw!!

BLOPS wasn't a failure, was slow paced and boring , but there are weapons in that game I would kill to have in MW3, like the AK-47 which is actually better than the CoD4 AK IMO.
    as for the 5 prestiges, couldn't care, as for Elite Content? give me flash back maps please, these new ones are so bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    BLOPS wasn't a failure, was slow paced and boring.

I know everyone has an opinion but come on still with this. I'll never understand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I know everyone has an opinion but come on still with this. I'll never understand

Same here.. Granted it prob wasnt as fast paced as MW2 but I dont see how thats a bad thing..

My take a few seconds longer to get into the action in blops but its better than being insta-noobtoobed or sniped quickscoped from across the map!!

Mw takes the pi$$ with its spawning on top of the action!

I really came to dislike Blops after playing it for 9 months. It's not something I could put my finger on. Just realised that I much prefered MW2. In saying that I really enjoyed it up to that point but once I had that epiphany I never went back to Blops MP. The AK47 was awesome tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Meatwad wrote: »
    When I got to 10th thought grand can focus on trying out other things in the game I wouldn't normally do, but just ended up using the same guns and killstreaks that I was comfortable with and got kinda bored. I realized I actually enjoy the prestige process as I use guns wouldn't normally use and different things for challenges, so it keeps the game fresh. Think its a bit of a hangover from the 80's as well, that when I wasn't trying to prestige, I was looking at all the points racking up and thinking "what a waste.That was almost a full rank".
    Although saying that ,prestiged to 11th last night and miss all my old set up. But main reason I'm continuing with it is to get custom classes and stuff I missed out on the first time around cause mainly blew the tokens on crap like the fad and double xp.

For me, the above is the reason why I keep going... In CoD I mean, not in life... sheesh, that would be bleak!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I see your clan level is now displayed on your clan title, interesting move IW...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well when it came to using different guns and prestige process I preferred black ops alot more for that.I'd just go into the contracts and pick whatever gun had the most xp going for it and use that for the day.
    Alot more rewarding using a ****e gun

Advertisement