Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Magill wrote: »
    They're what me and lee call.. CoD hipsters .. They only use guns you've probably never even heard of ! Lol.

AK47? I used it before it was popular..!

I used to use the UMP, but it's too mainstream now.

I hate hipsters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Leeg17 wrote: »
    They're what me and lee call.. CoD hipsters .. They only use guns you've probably never even heard of ! Lol.

AK47? I used it before it was popular..!

I used to use the UMP, but it's too mainstream now.

I hate hipsters :pac:

Lol. Hipsters lee.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

MP7 is so mainstream.

That's a perfect description, I'm stealing it haha,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

When are they sticking on the extra prestiges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Map looks horrendously clusterfuuucked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

christ its the exact same crane from mw2, would a repaint be such a big deal? lazy coonts

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I like how they say "this is what we've been working on" when more than likely the maps have all been finished before the games release then they just choose which ones to include

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I like how they say "this is what we've been working on" when more than likely the maps have all been finished before the games release then they just choose which ones to include

That map was finished pre-mw2 release

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

That map was finished pre-mw2 release

Haha!

FamilyGuyFouad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

This should make some here happy.

http://kotaku.com/5886065/black-ops-2-reportedly-outed-by-french-as-this-years-call-of-duty

Just to put this into prospective on how bad innovation and evolution has come with COD...this is COD 9: Black ops 2.

• Advertisement

hightower1 wrote: »
    This should make some here happy.

http://kotaku.com/5886065/black-ops-2-reportedly-outed-by-french-as-this-years-call-of-duty

Just to put this into prospective on how bad innovation and evolution has come with COD...this is COD 9: Black ops 2.

Why are you complaining that it's uninnovative to be called Black Ops 2, when we're playing Modern Warfare 3 which is almost a rehash of Mw2, when Black Ops had a fair bit of innovation to be fair..

Why are you complaining that it's uninnovative to be called Black Ops 2, when we're playing Modern Warfare 3 which is almost a rehash of Mw2, when Black Ops had a fair bit of innovation to be fair..

Actually Im not, that was traded last week.
    Also the phrase "the straw that broke the camels back" seems fitting. While it may come sooner for some for me its definitely here, for most that feeling came a long time ago. As you know Lee being jaded is a subjective opinion and my opinion is that the series has lost its way.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Actually Im not, that was traded last week.

I don't get you, sorry :p
    Also the phrase "the straw that broke the camels back" seems fitting. While it may come sooner for some for me its definitely here, for most that feeling came a long time ago. As you know Lee being jaded is a subjective opinion and my opinion is that the series has lost its way.

Are you saying because they're -apparently- going with Black Ops 2 as a successor to Black Ops that it won't be innovative? I don't think many would disagree with the argument that Black Ops was at the very least semi-innovative as CoD standards go with the currency system, Wager Matches, theatre mode (in CoD for the first time), updated zombies, combat record etc. Treyarch are at least more focused on innovation than IW so there's no reason to doubt their claims of making CoD more innovative again this time round.

You can argue that the series as a whole is stagnating, from what point onwards is debatable, but to go jumping the gun before nearly any details are released for a game rumoured to be Blops 2 is a little premature IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The MW series has lost its way alright in fairness Blops was original and enjoyable.

Cod4 was based around gun v gun with some simple killstreaks, mw2 and 3 are just noob games that are totally reliant on killstreaks with little gun v gun battles no matter what IW try to claim.

If IW gave me cod4 with some new maps I'd be happy because the MW series has gone down the drain.

Blops 2 , I look forward to as treyarch always seem to bring great ideas to the table aswell as most importantly keeping it fun to play.

I don't get you, sorry :p

I traded mw3 and 2 last week, not playing them anymore.

Are you saying because they're -apparently- going with Black Ops 2 as a successor to Black Ops that it won't be innovative? I don't think many would disagree with the argument that Black Ops was at the very least semi-innovative as CoD standards go with the currency system, Wager Matches, theatre mode (in CoD for the first time), updated zombies, combat record etc. Treyarch are at least more focused on innovation than IW so there's no reason to doubt their claims of making CoD more innovative again this time round.

You can argue that the series as a whole is stagnating, from what point onwards is debatable, but to go jumping the gun before nearly any details are released for a game rumoured to be Blops 2 is a little premature IMO.

Its subjective and only an opinion tbh but I think the industry as a whole views COD as having run its coarse. Its just making money now and while thats great for investors behind it its not so good for gaming in general. The series has had no major update since mw1. Each game has simply become a skinned version of the last iteration, some small touches added on but its now just wiffing a bit of a clapped out old banger that some teen keeps gluing on bits and pieces from halfords and thinking "its new" with each piece he adds. Ultimately we will end up with an utter mess, tbh for me that mess is MW3 and thats why I traded it.

Seems like COD has settled at the top of the sales charts as the default game to buy each year but as gamers get older and more jaded of the series it SHOULD die but the issue being that the more youthful audience still see it as the status quo and buy back in keeping it in the top spot. I think activision know this and thats why we see such chronic lack of support once a version is released. Why support a game thats being propped up by a fan base thats not really hardcore gamers? (Speaking for the majority there , I know from my experience here there are at least some hard core players regularly on COD) These "mid" core types will have a young demographic of about 10 - 18 years old and will be more accepting of game flaws and lack of innovation for a time so no need to address those points in activisions eyes.

I wouldnt call myself a COD hater simply cause I sold it and wont be playing anymore, I enjoyed it for a time but I think Ive outgrown any franchise that refuses to pay its do's to the fans and to the industry as a whole by upkeeping and promoting innovation. - COD , for me at least, has fallen into that category of franchises.

Pity all of these people are realising this about cod 2 years too late, other ps3 fps shooters have followed cod due to its success. Series like Killzone and Resistance greatly changed their gameplay in an attempt to bring over the cod crowd and just ended up losing their 'hardcore' fans and gaining very few new ones. At this point no shooter on ps3 appeals to 'hardcore' players so I (and many others) play cod as it is the most active. Even though I'd much rather be playing more difficult games like Kz2 or RFoM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

ALthough I totally agree with the sentiement of MW is not a gun v gun game.. " reliant on kilstreaks etc... it grinds my gears to hear people constantly bitch bout it..

GO PLAY BAREBONES....

hypermuse wrote: »

GO PLAY BAREBONES....

What's a barebones? :pac:

hypermuse wrote: »
    ALthough I totally agree with the sentiement of MW is not a gun v gun game.. " reliant on kilstreaks etc... it grinds my gears to hear people constantly bitch bout it..

GO PLAY BAREBONES....

Lol did you see the state of barebones in mw3?

Maybe if they made barebones decent we wouldn't bitch about it, I don't want to wait every 3rd game to play tdm etc!.

Either way it's still the worst cod in years, maps etc are rubbish.

That's exactly what's wrong with barebones....tdm is in it. Needs proper game modes.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    That's exactly what's wrong with barebones....tdm is in it. Needs proper game modes.

It needs a proper barebones system where there's an option for all matches.

At least in black ops they had a few aswell as classic mode with killstreaks at. 3,5 and 7.

Mw3 is playing with a crutch, thats how bad players can do well in it because of stupid over the top killstreaks etc.

Noob game, that's getting worse every year.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Barebones needs more points being awarded first and foremost. I was delighted MW2 introduced it but was put off after a few games because I was trying to rank up as quickly as possible. I could just go into a game of TDM and at least triple the amount of XP earned due to killstreaks, etc more of than not.

Perhaps it's different in MW3(?) Honestly don't know as I didn't play Barebones in it, as I didn't expect IW to implement what I said above.

Wish they brought out a competition playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Barebones you get different modes played a bit of it over the last few weeks tis was good gun on gun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Looks like the next few prestiges are available to unlock now according to elite.

11_image.png

193283.png

fthat.svg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I was reading up on mw3 gun stats online and stumbled onto this on another website. Basically it's an incredibly detailed piece of info or a wall of monotonous indecipherable numbers depending on your love or hatred of spreadsheets.

Assault rifle/LMG/MP/Pistol table.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmWEaU8N7NeddEprUWFkQi1ZWFU0eGItNGwzZG1oSXc#gid=0
    Shotgun table.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmWEaU8N7NeddFlNRk44SHkydC1ucE54YmVBS2FJT0E#gid=0
    Sniper rifle table.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmWEaU8N7NeddHNhUlJxZ3RMd1NnVUVDNEtmYUR4SWc#gid=0
    Docs come from here

Gun damage values are dependant on the range to target. Since only sniper rifles don't suffer from bullet drop off, there are 2 values. The type 95 has the best potential to kill the quickest providing it's user is accurate enough with that first burst, if not the delay between bursts can be fatal. Also you can see that the ump at long range does the same damage as a pistol.

Shotguns have damage and range included in there to help you decide for yourself which is best and also gives pellet number information.

Sniper rifles have silenced and un-silenced damage tables including one shot kill (OSK) tables on body parts.

Recoil is based on x (horizontal) and y (vertical) so the predictable recoil of the mp7 moves in the y axis between 20 and 45, for a total of 25 and a recoil heavy gun such as the m60 varies between -10 and 60 for a total of 70. If you want to see graphical recoil plots and the comparison of guns with and without kick like this:
    mw3arscarv2a.pngmw3arscarkickv2a.png

check them out here

Weapon range is covered under the columns "Drop Off Start" and "Drop Off End". Basically from testing killing distances they've found that 1m ~= 41.5u (in game measurement of distance). More info about how they calculated this is from here
    36m ~= 1500u
    24m ~= 1000u
    18m ~= 750u (maximum shotgun range)
    12m ~= 500u
    6m ~= 250u

Why the l86 is potentially the best gun.
    I've used the L86 with kick and thermal and it's unreal, yes you're blocking your peripheral view but the accuracy and immense fire rate even in long bursts has to be tried. It does have a severe damage drop off (20 from 38) but even at long range it's not too be discounted due to it's incredible accuracy especially when prone.

Imbalance in Domination spawns.

Some spawns are horribly inbalanced and this post shows just how vividly they can be, depending on your class of choice approaching B dom is suicidal. It also does goes to incredible lengths of detail comparing the speed of various classes and perk combinations.

Finally a word of advice, I wouldn't get too bogged down in looking at which weapon kills best at which range in a certain time. It's entirely possible that a new update has changed things and the tables aren't up to date or there were mistakes along the line or that lag potentially supersedes the table and makes them inaccurate. You should choose guns and play to it's potential strengths and don't expect one gun to rule over all others. There are far too many factors at play in mw3 that are impossible to predict, all you can do is enjoy the game as much as possible.

All credit to the original posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The L86 is savage, I've seen load of people say it's crap though. I do wonder if these people even try the guns they say suck...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

zero19 wrote: »
    The L86 is savage, I've seen load of people say it's crap though. I do wonder if these people even try the guns they say suck...

Yeah, it is pretty good. The last LMG you unlock is even better imo.
    I don't use the LMGs much 'cos of their lack of mobility or maybe it's just that the RPD & AUG from MW2 ruined me. Do have an LMG class as like using different tyes of guns for a change every now and then.

LMGs are always going to be the 'best' guns on stats, but the fact that you can't physically move with them makes them next to useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

LMGs are always going to be the 'best' guns on stats, but the fact that you can't physically move with them makes them next to useless.

the rpd is my favourite gun ever, was raging they didnt include it in mw3, with extended mags its a beast of a gun, spawn trap the enemy on B flag on skidrow, aim down the corridor of death, let rip, multikilltastic.

Advertisement