Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

claralara wrote: »
    ...as of halfway through last Tuesday's 20 miler!! Just totting up distances there as hadn't done it in weeks. As it stands right now, I have run 1053 miles in 2011! Mad Ted! :D

Well done! Only catching up on the logs now. Hugely impressed with that distance covered already this year. Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Emer911 wrote: »
    Well done! Only catching up on the logs now. Hugely impressed with that distance covered already this year. Congrats!

Yeh, she's not a bad oul hen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Jaysus lads, any other animal you'd like to compare me to?! You're lucky I'm not sensitive and only cry over running! ;)

Friday 2nd September
    - 4 miles @ 9.18
    14 miles didn't happen as a result of a bad (very bad!) lunch choice. Fast food lesson learned - I'm learning lots at the minute - mostly based on the fact that I like my treats but my tummy does not; particularly if I then take it running!! Bleurgh..

Saturday 3rd September
    - 5.6 miles @ 9.48
    7.30am start before going on duty - I've discovered that being a single mother of three kids is not something that would complement marathon training!!

Sunday 4th September
    - 3.1 miles @ 10.02
    Slow and hilly before the sprogs had to be delivered to various activities.

So I missed the LSR last week... it was a step back week so I'm not too worried but it's the first one in 10 weeks I didn't get in :mad: Also, only ran 31 miles which was a big step back in training which worries me. Unless it turns out that the break did me good and I'm full of beans this week...we shall see!

Monday 5th September
    - Rest

LSR is 20 miles this weekend but I'm planning on heading over to the park in the morning to get it out of the way, which should be a good break between that distance and the Half the following weekend. Absent a long run last week I'm kind of nervous about it but I'm sure it'll be fine...oh the mind tricks!!

If I haven't checked in by 3pm tomorrow, don't call an ambulance, run for cover!! :rolleyes:

Jaysus lads, any other animal you'd like to compare me to?! :rolleyes:

A Fox? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

digger2d2 wrote: »
    A Fox? ;)

:D smooth...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

A Fox? ;)

I thought you said a Tiger the other day? :pac:

A Fox? ;) And so out of my league.. :(

Oh don't be so hard on yourself. I'm only a little out of your league.
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    I thought you said a Tiger the other day? :pac:

No I think he meant a Liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Someone please...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No I think he meant a Liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

I actually think he said Lager :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

menoscemo wrote: »
    I actually think he said Lager :D

Trust you to think that :)

Tuesday 6th September
    - 21.01 miles @ 9.49
    Up bright and early this morning thanks to an alarm clock in the in the form of 3 loud children. No honey left so had to have golden syrup on my porridge - that was a nice treat :rolleyes: Headed over to the park in rush hour traffic on a miserable wet and windy morning...that was invigorating and motivating. Not! 21 miles all over the park. Ran up Knockmaroon (at 5miles) and the Kyber (at 15 miles) because I was really annoyed at having missed the run at the weekend and jealous at the tough route the lads did...well if the boys can do it!!! The heavens opened and I was hit with head-on gale force winds at 2 particular points during the run - at the bottom of Knockmaroon and at the bottom of the Kyber.. I must have really p*ssed God off over something! The weather really didn't make for an easy run but I suppose it makes it more satisfying overall. Took a gel about mile 16 - wasn't gagging for it but figured it wouldn't hurt. Had been sipping on a 750ml bottle of water and high5 energy source every 3/4 miles or so and I felt grand on that. Found those few miles going around by the back of the zoo head first into strong winds pretty tough
    and the pace and energy died a death but I powered on knowing the end was nigh. The last 3 miles were pretty uneventful - headed up towards Farmleigh and back around just to make up the mileage. Was glad to get back to the car - soaked and wrecked but delighted to have it done. :)

• Advertisement

I thought you were cutting back on the mileage :confused:

Liger - some hybrid big cats exhibit emotional or behavioural conflicts due to their mixed ancestry......:D

Oh don't be so hard on yourself. I'm only a little out of your league.

True, but with promotion two years in a row you could join me

I for one know you are not American so get the dictionary out....8 years of education at the taxpayers expense for this!!

I thought you were cutting back on the mileage :confused:

I am in general but I'm not slacking on the long runs. Still doing the weekly LSR as prescribed by P&D. Had time yesterday so decided to get it out of the way and have a good recovery time before the Half next week.

Legs actually feel alright today. Will try to get out for a few recovery miles this evening. Although, I'm not feeling great - there's something flu-like going on in my head and sinuses :mad: Hopefully a few OTC drugs will shift that asap.

Although, I'm not feeling great - there's something flu-like going on in my head and sinuses :mad: Hopefully a few OTC drugs will shift that asap.

Based on the moaning being done, if I catch this I'll spend a week in hospital :D;)

Wednesday 7th September
    - Sick day

Thursday 8th September
    - 5 miles @ 10:02

Cold stayed in the head and away from the chest so went out for an easy one.

Friday 9th September
    - 6 miles @ 9.20

Still not feeling great and started to get chills around 5miles but glad to get out and felt grand (if a little sniffly) once I got home and had a hot shower.

Saturday 10th September
    - 5 miles @ 9.43

Took it easy again as the cold lingers :(

Sunday 11th December
    - Rest

Got into my gear for a handy 5 miler but was not feeling it at all so bailed back inside for a pot of tea and a chocolate bar.. oops. Oh well, that was a once off! Needed a rest day too.

37 miles for the week anyway so not the worst.

Going to do 3 handy 5/6 milers today, tomorrow and Wednesday and then rest up for Saturday and see how the Half goes. Not feeling uber confident with these gales raging though..hopefully that'll pass.

Sunday 11th December
    - Rest

Got into my gear for a handy 5 miler but was not feeling it at all so bailed back inside for a pot of tea and a chocolate bar.. oops. Oh well, that was a once off! Needed a rest day too.

Did we purchase a time machine recently? How does the big freeze look and what will Santa bring me?

Did we purchase a time machine recently? How does the big freeze look and what will Santa bring me?

No I invented one. It's going to make me millions and it'll give me a 1:45 marathon. And Santa doesn't bring anything for smartar*ses! :p

Once off! Gimme a break...new week ahead!

Santa doesn't bring anything for smartar*ses!

You're mean! 1361.gif

You're mean! 1361.gif

I am not. By the way, I wasn't calling you a smarta*se... I'd never confuse you for being being smart...:D

• Advertisement

I am not. By the way, I wasn't calling you a smarta*se... I'd never confuse you for being being smart...:D

Here you....Get off the Internet and make my lunch :D

Monday 12th September
    - 6 miles @ 9.20 (ish) (I think - can't find Garmin plug!)
    Headed up to Marlay to experience every single season in as short a period of time as possible. It lashed so I sat in the car for a few mins. Then I put on a rain jacket and ventured out to brave the gales. After the first lap, I was melting in the sun. :confused: Legs felt sh*te and felt pretty weak depsite a good lunch. I hate sickness. Grrr. Good to get done though.

Tuesday 13th September
    - Pilates - had to go to a different make-up class as I missed last week due to being diseased. Twas a good one, the body needed a good stretch and seeing to!
    - 4.3 miles @ 8.45 - legs felt good after pilates so belted off into the wind. Bit too fast though and was all tuckered out after 3.5miles despite the very short distance! :mad: Still not recovered. Don't think I'll be PB'ing on Saturday! The only positive is that I seem to have kept the germs in the head and out of the chest.

Wednesday 14th September
    - Pilates - back to usual class. Another good session and much needed stretch. Am under orders to get on top of my stretching and foam rolling at home before I snap in half! :o

Going to do an easy 5 tonight and rest before saturday (maybe a 2mile slow loosener on Friday all going well).

Still undecided about the plan for Saturday with the sinuses acting up - it'll be a last minute call. If I had to run it right now, it'd be a training run. Hopefully that'll change.

Monday 12th September
    - 6 miles @ 9.20 (ish) (I think - can't find Garmin plug!)
    Headed up to Marlay to experience every single season in as short a period of time as possible. It lashed so I sat in the car for a few mins. Then I put on a rain jacket and ventured out to brave the gales. After the first lap, I was melting in the sun. :confused: Legs felt sh*te and felt pretty weak depsite a good lunch. I hate sickness. Grrr. Good to get done though.

Tuesday 13th September
    - Pilates - had to go to a different make-up class as I missed last week due to being diseased. Twas a good one, the body needed a good stretch and seeing to!
    - 4.3 miles @ 8.45 - legs felt good after pilates so belted off into the wind. Bit too fast though and was all tuckered out after 3.5miles despite the very short distance! :mad: Still not recovered. Don't think I'll be PB'ing on Saturday! The only positive is that I seem to have kept the germs in the head and out of the chest.

Wednesday 14th September
    - Pilates - back to usual class. Another good session and much needed stretch. Am under orders to get on top of my stretching and foam rolling at home before I snap in half! :o

Going to do an easy 5 tonight and rest before saturday (maybe a 2mile slow loosener on Friday all going well).

Still undecided about the plan for Saturday with the sinuses acting up - it'll be a last minute call. If I had to run it right now, it'd be a training run. Hopefully that'll change.

Take it easy if you're sick. Better not to run at all than run 5 miles and make it worse, saturday is much more important than 5 miles tonight in the grand scheme of things..... I did a few miles last night, but not feeling the best today so I'm gonna take another night off.

Take it easy if you're sick. Better not to run at all than run 5 miles and make it worse, saturday is much more important than 5 miles tonight in the grand scheme of things..... I did a few miles last night, but not feeling the best today so I'm gonna take another night off.

So you think I should sit in with a nice dinner, a bottle glass taste of wine and a dvd instead of running too then?! Well if you insist... ;);)

An easy 2 mile loosener on Friday though yeah?

So you think I should sit in with a nice dinner, a bottle glass taste of wine and a dvd instead of running too then?! Well if you insist... ;);)

An easy 2 mile loosener on Friday though yeah?

Absolutely!!
    See how you feel tomorrow but no point running tonight if you are not 100%

I always like running 2-3 miles easy the day before a goal race (to feshen up the legs) so deffo go with friday if you're the same (and feeling better).

Sorry to hear you're still not 100%!

I really don't know how I feckin feel - I never get sick!! :mad:

Would love to bag a PB but dunno how to decipher the legs and lungs and their current behaviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Good luck on Saturday. No pressure for a PB when you're under the weather. So just enjoy it! :D

I really don't know how I feckin feel - I never get sick!! :mad:

Would love to bag a PB but dunno how to decipher the legs and lungs and their current behaviour!

Thought you did that in Mallow :D

• Advertisement

Thought you did that in Mallow :D

A Pensioner Bacchanal?:D

Advertisement