Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Dear Boardsies

Please note that this is the first time claralara has done what she's been told.

Yours in amazement,

Digger

So are you taking credit for this wise decision Mr Digger?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

chinguetti wrote: »
    So are you taking credit for this wise decision Mr Digger?:p

Any and all wise decisions taken by either of us has been originated by me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

That P&D plan is savage sounding! You've put in some load of miles, and no doubt you will run a great marathon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Sure it does! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

:confused: Re-tard!

The above sentence is both factually and gramatically incorrect. I don't know how or why I bother!

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    That P&D plan is savage sounding! You've put in some load of miles, and no doubt you will run a great marathon :)

Hopefully Ruby! Fingers crossed for 9 weeks of quality and productive training now :)

May I take this opportunity to confirm that I came to this sensible decision all by myself. Yes, I have had quite a number of voices telling me it's the best thing to do for a couple of weeks, but I needed to run myself into the ground last week to actually realise it for myself!!

Monday 29th August
    - Rest

Tuesday 30th August
    - 5 miles @ 8.57
    Tough enough but a good run. Need to start banging out some faster stuff - I was getting lazy. Could easily have given up halfway through this but got a kick in the ar5e. Need to work on the anaerobic fitness big time - struggled with the breathing..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Is there only 9 weeks to go :eek:

Good luck with the rest of the training. Was having that thought myself a few weeks ago. Have missed quite a few sessions from the P&D plan but am trying to stick with it as best I can.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Is there only 9 weeks to go :eek:

Good luck with the rest of the training. Was having that thought myself a few weeks ago. Have missed quite a few sessions from the P&D plan but am trying to stick with it as best I can.

Yep, 9 weeks. I couldn't believe it when I counted! Already thinking about what next...:rolleyes:

If it's going well for you, keep it up. I have no doubt that it's a really good plan and the results will reflect the training but I just had to accept I'm not ready for it yet. I couldn't keep and sort of power in the legs at all. Maybe next year!!

Congrats on the new arrival too - delighted for you. And even more impressed that you're managing the plan. Baby Pistol and mum must be very accomodating! :)

Congrats to Pistol and family, I had no idea!

P&D is a great plan, not that I'm an expert but it's brought me on tremendously this year, I ran a tough 10 miles @ 8:30 with Chinguetti back in February, I went through the plan for Cork in June and that was my MP but it's not for everyone and every goal.

Spending time with old people must be rubbing off on Claralara from a wisdom perspective, or is that rubbing off of old people?:rolleyes: Whichever it is it's working for you! :D

• Advertisement

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Spending time with old people must be rubbing off on Claralara from a wisdom perspective, or is that rubbing off of old people?:rolleyes: Whichever it is it's working for you! :D

Providing me with wisdom and sapping me of all energy... Hmmmm. Maybe it's not working!! :rolleyes::pac:

P&D is a great plan, not that I'm an expert but it's brought me on tremendously this year, I ran a tough 10 miles @ 8:30 with Chinguetti back in February, I went through the plan for Cork in June and that was my MP but it's not for everyone and every goal.

I definitely agree that it's a brilliant plan and I 100% intend to follow it properly at a later stage to achieve a good goal time. Another 6 - 12 months of running under my belt will be huge for me in terms of ability and confidence and I think that's the best next step for me right now.

claralara wrote: »
    Congrats on the new arrival too - delighted for you. And even more impressed that you're managing the plan. Baby Pistol and mum must be very accomodating! :)

Thanks a million. It's early days yet. Has been ok so far as I have been off work. Back today so I'm sure it will get harder although I think she wants me to do the marathon again more than I do :rolleyes: which always helps.

Congrats to Pistol and family, I had no idea!

Thanks a million Mr Slow. I can definitly feel the benefit of the program in comparison to HH. I think the longer midweek miles definitly stand to you from a stamina point of view.

The above sentence is both factually and gramatically incorrect. I don't know how or why I bother!

There's no hyphen in retard, we todd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

There's no hyphen in retard, we todd!

Wow your definitions of foreplay and mine differ completely....whatever floats your boat though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

shazkea wrote: »
    Wow your definitions of foreplay and mine differ completely....whatever floats your boat though ;)

You know, there's times i think that this thread can't get any more bizarre but i'm always proven wrong.

Monday 29th August
    - Rest

Tuesday 30th August
    - 5 miles @ 8.57
    Tough enough but a good run. Need to start banging out some faster stuff - I was getting lazy. Could easily have given up halfway through this but got a kick in the ar5e. Need to work on the anaerobic fitness big time - struggled with the breathing..:o

And it wasn't easy to miss...... ;)

chinguetti wrote: »
    You know, there's times i think that this thread can't get any more bizarre but i'm always proven wrong.

....says the cat...:rolleyes:

;):D
    And it wasn't easy to miss...... ;)

Yet you did. And you wonder why Liverpool chose Bellamy over you?!

Wednesday 31st August
    - 7.61 miles @ 8.52
    Could easily have talked myself out of this one but managed not to. Nice route (one loop of sportsworld 5mile and the rathfarnham 5k loop - ish). Had the ipod which was a nice distraction from the legs. Don't really run with music anymore but it may help on the shorter (slightly) faster stuff for a little while. Tried to keep the pace up as I'm no longer afraid that a tough run will ruin the rest of the weeks training. It'll be interesting to see where this new attitude takes me...

Easy 5 tonight and most likely will have to do my LSR of 14 (step back week :D) tomorrow and not with the group on Sunday as I've been roped into babysitting for the weekend - need to do the maths!

• Advertisement

...as of halfway through last Tuesday's 20 miler!! Just totting up distances there as hadn't done it in weeks. As it stands right now, I have run 1053 miles in 2011! Mad Ted! :D

...as of halfway through last Tuesday's 20 miler!! Just totting up distances there as hadn't done it in weeks. As it stands right nowm I have run 1053 miles in 2011! Mad Ted! :D

Congrats Missus, 100 miles plus ahead of me, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

...as of halfway through last Tuesday's 20 miler!! Just totting up distances there as hadn't done it in weeks. As it stands right now, I have run 1053 miles in 2011! Mad Ted! :D

Nice one claralara!

Easy 5 tonight and most likely will have to do my LSR of 14 (step back week :D) tomorrow and not with the group on Sunday as I've been roped into babysitting for the weekend - need to do the maths!

Great running and thanks for leaving me to face the others on sunday morning :rolleyes:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Great running and thanks for leaving me to face the others on sunday morning :rolleyes:

Haha, enjoy 3 hours with the opinionated vultures!! ;)

Thursday 1st September
    - 6 miles @ 9:34
    Headed over to the park for a change of scenery yesterday evening - was a lovely evening for a run but very warm! Found it to be a tough enough run which I'm hoping is only because of the slightly harder miles on Tuesday and Wednesday :confused: The legs were heavy and fairly jelly-ish which was disconcerting. Hopefully they'll be ok today - need to get 14 miles in at some stage! If someone could invent a 14 hour Friday, that would be great! Ta!

Haha, enjoy 3 hours with the opinionated vultures!! ;)

Digger's out too so that only leaves Der Fuhrer, myself and Pistol!

Now I'm worried :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

claralara, just noticed in the 1000miles thread you hit the 1000 mark, good going!

I'm not definitely out, I'm just walking like I've been riding a horse for three days....

• Advertisement

I've been riding a horse for three days

That's no way to talk about Claralara :mad:

Advertisement