Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Ok - things have been all over the shop for the last few weeks so I'm summarising the training to date below. Have been getting runs in but distance and pace not 100% on track. Hitting the weekly mileage as much as possible but it really has been a 'run for as long and as fast or slow as I can whenever the opportunity presents' couple of weeks.

Week 1
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest Rest
    Tuesday 8 LT 8 @ 8.57
    Wednesday Rest Rest
    Thursday 9 GA 9 @ 9.16
    Friday Rest Rest
    Saturday 4 Recovery 4 @ 10.06
    Sunday 12 LSR 13.1 @ 9.26 (Clontarf Half)
    Total 33 34.23

Week 2
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest Rest
    Tuesday 8 GA 8.01 @ 9.10
    Wednesday Rest 4.33 @ 9.26
    Thursday 10 GA 10.04 @ 9.31
    Friday Rest Rest
    Saturday 5 Recovery 4 @ 10.06
    Sunday 13 LSRw/MP 13 @ 9.36
    Total 36 35.39

Week 3
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest 4.43 @10.06
    Tuesday 10 GA 5.11 @ 8.52
    Wednesday 4 Recovery 10 @ 9.36 & Pilates
    Thursday 8 LT 4.38 @ 10.52
    Friday Rest Rest
    Saturday 5 Recovery 1.07 @ 11.00 (W/U) & 5.03 @ 8.24 (NL 5 miler)
    Sunday 14 LSR 14.04 @ 9.42
    Total 40 44.06

Week 4
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest Rest
    Tuesday 8 GAw/10X100m 9.74 @ 9.28
    Wednesday 5 Recovery 5 @ 10.35 & Pilates
    Thursday 10 GA Rest
    Friday Rest 15 @ 9.50
    Saturday 5 Recovery Rest
    Sunday 15 LSR Rest
    Total 42 30.28

Week 5
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest 7.05 @ 9.21
    Tuesday 9 LT 5.01 @ 8.55
    Wednesday 5 Recovery 4.53 @ 9.19 & Pilates
    Thursday 10 GA 9.5 @ 9.56
    Friday Rest Rest
    Saturday 5 Recovery 11.2 @ 9.44
    Sunday 16 LSR 2 @ 11.00
    Total 45 39.29

Week 6
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest 13.21 @ 9.21 (Midlands Half)
    Tuesday 8 GAw/10X100 4 mile easy cycle
    Wednesday 5 Recovery Pilates
    Thursday 8 GA
    Friday Rest
    Saturday 4 Recovery
    Sunday 12 LSR
    Total 37

This week (6) is supposed to be a recovery week but last week ended up being more like a recovery so I'll make up for it this week and get the 16 mile LSR in this Sunday coming instead.

Phew! That took a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nice mileage there missus, you're doing great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Are you still ahead of Mrs. low on the 1000 mile challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »

She must be and she never even mentioned all the cross training ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    She must be and she never even mentioned all the cross training ;)

You mean the shopping? :pac:

• Advertisement

You mean the shopping? :pac:

She has a P.A. to do that.......

She has a P.A. to do that.......

Did you get a new job? :D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Did you get a new job? :D

Jeez.... You trying to take over my role as the A/R/T comedian!? ;)

Jeez.... You trying to take over my role as the A/R/T comedian!? ;)

Well these days you're only part time. Somebody has to fill the void.

Dunno actually - must get my calculator out!

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well these days you're only part time. Somebody has to fill the void.

My sentiments exactly. Who'd blame a girl for looking elsewhere?! Oh...you're referring to the forum..:rolleyes:

claralara wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly. Who'd blame a girl for looking elsewhere?! Oh...you're referring to the forum..:rolleyes:

Hmmm.....

Have the stitches healed yet? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm now someone to use as a marker? I'm flattered!:)

Week 6
    Day Plan Actual
    Monday Rest 13.21 @ 9.21 (Midlands Half)
    Tuesday 8 GAw/10X1004 mile easy cycle
    Wednesday 5 Recovery Pilates & 4.63 @ 9.51
    Thursday 8 GA Rest
    Friday Rest 16.25 @ 9.38
    Saturday 4 Recovery 3.55 @ 9.44
    Sunday 12 LSR 5.03 @ 9.38
    Total 37 42.67

Week 6 took another shaking up in order to accomodate a busy weekend. Got the LSR out of the way on Friday morning in the park with Mr Slow and Meno keeping me lit! Was really good to get out with company again having done quite a bit on my own over the last few weeks.

Should be up to 233 miles after the first 6 weeks and am at 225.92 miles... 7.08 short. Damn, but not the end of the world!!

Into week 7 now - Monday was a rest day and did this week's LSR of 18 miles yesterday in anticipation of running the Celbridge 5k on Sunday.

Tuesday 9 August
    - 18.02 miles @ 9.41
    Did 5 miles aorund Marlay and then met up with Meno who was doing 13 recovery miles (ridiculous that his recovery pace is not far off my goal pace!) Ran over to Tymon for a lap, then down to Bushy for a lap, back over by Rathfarnham, Nutgrove and Ballinteer before the end was in sight. Had been dreading the thought of having to get back up to Marlay the whole time - it is a tough climb at the best of times never mind with 16 miles in the legs. Meno kept me going with promises of chocolate milk and I powered through managing to keep the hilly bits under 10min pace. Garmin connect isn't working at the min but I think the last mile was the fastest which was a good feeling. Great run to have in - was really dreading it as haven't covered that distance in a looonng time! Happy out now and the recovery seems ok - Pilates this morning helped I'd say. :D

Great running yesterday. The last mile was 9.16 I think :D

You around on Friday?

Great running yesterday. The last mile was 9.16 I think :D

Probably would have been 11 minutes had I known there was only a yop at the end! Wonder how fast I could go if there was one of these Mars bar drinks you speak of waiting for me?!

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You around on Friday?

Not this week - think I told Meno I was but I forgot I have an American to pick up from the airport and entertain for the weekend amid some woof-sitting duties!

Doing the 5k on Sunday though. Must enter actually...:rolleyes:

Probably would have been 11 minutes had I known there was only a yop at the end! Wonder how fast I could go if there was one of these Mars bar drinks you speak of waiting for me?!

Nothing wrong with Meno's Yop... I've heard it's good for ones skin!:D

• Advertisement

Wednesday 10th August
    - 3.5 recovery miles @ 10.18
    Very handy and easy - what a recovery should be. Nothing exciting to report.

Thursday 11th August
    - 9.2 miles @ 9.35/40ish... I think - Garmin was acting the maggot. This was a disaster. I was a little tired heading out but not dreading it. Headed from Terenure up to Marlay for a loop and back again. My stomach was off and my body just felt like a dead weight. My legs were like 2 lumps of lead and they only loosened up for the last mile or so. Not fun.

Have about 8 to do today and a recovery tomorrow to get all the miles in for the week. I'm not holding out any high hopes for the 5k on Sunday because of how wrecked the legs are but I'll give it a lash anyway. It's a big 50 mile week this week so I'm taking feeling like this as normal!

It's a big 50 mile week this week so I'm taking feeling like this as normal!

Wow, that's a whole lot of miles! Best of luck at the 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

50 miles :eek: Brilliant stuff :D

How are you finding the plan? I bought the book and read the plan, it scared the bejaysus outa me, and I've been banjaxed since!

Great work though, you'll have a fantastic DCM'11!

RubyK wrote: »

How are you finding the plan? I bought the book and read the plan, it scared the bejaysus outa me, and I've been banjaxed since!

Trust in P&D!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I'm not holding out any high hopes for the 5k on Sunday because of how wrecked the legs are but I'll give it a lash anyway. It's a big 50 mile week this week so I'm taking feeling like this as normal!
    Great work, but at the same time, listen to your body, and if your in total bits and exhausted is that not your body telling you it wants a rest day?

I went OTT last week, and ended up doing something to my knee - lesson learned - I wont do it again. But just dont do 50 miles cos a plan says so, if your in agony and miserable after 40/45 miles in a week I would call it a day and take a day off...

Its not like you are going for a once in a life time event or an Olympic qualifying time or something - so cut yourself some slack, things are going great with your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Trust in P&D!

I've no doubt it works. Still sounds scary to me though :o I'm mightily impressed with the miles being clocked up!

Great work, but at the same time, listen to your body, and if your in total bits and exhausted is that not your body telling you it wants a rest day?

I went OTT last week, and ended up doing something to my knee - lesson learned - I wont do it again. But just dont do 50 miles cos a plan says so, if your in agony and miserable after 40/45 miles in a week I would call it a day and take a day off...

Its not like you are going for a once in a life time event or an Olympic qualifying time or something - so cut yourself some slack, things are going great with your training.

I love the way RQ thanked this post, but just this morning admitted that she herself always ignores any sensible advice on such matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I love the way RQ thanked this post, but just this morning admitted that she herself always ignores any sensible advice on such matter :pac:

No I didn't. Are you imagining things again?

• Advertisement

No I didn't. Are you imagining things again?

He's got a wild imagination... Just like the day in Clontarf that he blamed you for the pacing balloons being the first set of pacing balloons to land on the moon! ;)
    RubyK wrote: »

Cheers Ruby! I'm enjoying the miles but have been struggling to get the good quality pace sessions in during the week. That's down to a number of non-running related issues though. Have had to accept that sometimes life gets in the way and bad runs are not the end of the world. Hoping to get stuck in properly now if everything in general life behaves. But as I said I'm enjoying running away the miles and the fresh air alot! :)

Advertisement