Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done on your fastest mile ever. Thats some going. I can only dream of a day when I run that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good luck with the sub 50 10k orna. Ill go to my grave with that melon, chocolate incident etched on my brain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Good luck with the sub 50 10k orna. Ill go to my grave with that melon, chocolate incident etched on my brain:D

Me too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Bally8 wrote: »
    Well done on your fastest mile ever. Thats some going. I can only dream of a day when I run that fast.

Cheers Bally8 - it was a once off though, there's no way I could have taken a step further after it!! Was absolutely wrecked. I'd be hard pushed to beat it again anytime soon!

mrslow wrote: »
    Too many suitors?:P

Not enough! That’s what was concerning me…I’ve lost my mojo since I started running and living the clean life…:rolleyes:
    Oisin11178 wrote: »

Are you sure it’s not the memory of my Arnie impression that puts a smile on your face?! That was real award winning performance of the weekend! :D

• Advertisement

Sunday 15th May
    I was supposed to be running the Sportsworld 5 mile yesterday but due to circumstances beyond my control, the whole weekend was a bit of a mess and I couldn’t make it. Sad face. Eventually managed to get out for a run yesterday evening. It was wet and windy but a really good head-clearing run. Smiley face returns!
    - 7.77miles – Av Pace 9.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    Sunday 15th May
    I was supposed to be running the Sportsworld 5 mile yesterday but due to circumstances beyond my control, the whole weekend was a bit of a mess and I couldn’t make it. Sad face. Eventually managed to get out for a run yesterday evening. It was wet and windy but a really good head-clearing run. Smiley face returns!
    - 7.77miles – Av Pace 9.00

Nice run, nice pace, good to clear your head after the weekend you had...... Your technique has improved immensely which is allowing you to run more efficiently as well!

Monday 16th May
    - 4miles - Av Pace 8.51
    Nice enjoyable run after work. Faster than what the plan says but it felt good. Was worried that it might impact on tonight's intervals though..

Tuesday 17th May
    Met up with the usual heads at the track in UCD for a planned 8 X 400m at a goal time of somewhere between 1:42 - 1:48 for each. Warm up was grand. First interval was manky! It was windy into the last 100m. I wanted to go home. I got in trouble for moaning again. I sucked it up. It got better. That is all! :)

Splits as follows:-
    Lap Time
    1 1:44
    2 1:42
    3 1:43
    4 1.43
    5 1:42
    6 1:44
    7 1:44
    8 1.37

All on target pace (thanks to a semi useful pacer!) except for the last one which was a little faster and a bit of a confidence booster (was fooked though!). :)
    Just under 5 miles in total with W/U and C/D. Good session in the end! :)

5miles easy in the morning...hopefully I don't find an excuse to hit snooze!

Was planning on bantering around here and catching up on everyone's logs after about a week offline, but the internet is acting up so I must log off before I put my fist through the screen! Don't mention the anger management issues...:pac:

I got in trouble for moaning again. I sucked it up. It got better. That is all! :)
    All on target pace (thanks to a semi useful pacer!)

The kick in the h0le the semi useful pacer gave you worked, your last lap was at 6:29 pace .....;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    your last lap was at 6:29 pace .....;)

Feck, I've got a lot of catching up to do :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

That's some serious speed you're building up

Super session tonight Missy. Keep that up and sub 50 will be absolutely no bother to you. After Tonights pace, you might even have to revise your target downwards :)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Super session tonight Missy. Keep that up and sub 50 will be absolutely no bother to you. After Tonights pace, you might even have to revise your target downwards :)

You'd think with mile reps like that she'd have been on posting her times enthusiastically this morning :rolleyes:

Well for thse interested I'll tell them she did 4 straight Mile reps all between 7.30 (fastest) and 7.50. She kept saying she would slow down to 8'30 for the next one but never did. The fact I did the first one with her and she was chatting 3/4 of the way round showed it wasn't too hard either...Great running.

Well for thse interested I'll tell them she did 4 straight Mile reps all between 7.30 (fastest) and 7.50. She kept saying she would slow down to 8'30 for the next one but never did. The fact I did the first one with her and she was chatting 3/4 of the way round showed it wasn't too hard either...Great running.

I sense I'm going to get my ass kicked in Dunshaughlin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I sense I'm going to get my ass kicked in Dunshaughlin :pac:

Get yourself up to marlay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Or down to Knocklyon runners :pac:

Jeepers lads, hold your horses! I am so ridiculously busy these days; I don’t have time to blink in the work day. I kind of blame it on you lot though – making me run out the door in the evenings for training sessions, so that I have piles and piles of stuff waiting for me in the mornings. I hope you’ll all light a candle for me when I have a nervous breakdown! :rolleyes:

Wednesday 18th May
    - 5.16miles – Av Pace 9.30
    This was a nice handy and enjoyable leg stretcher before work. Had the roads to myself and running by a quiet Sandymount strand was fab! I got a twinge of a stitch about halfway through but I think that’s because my mind was wandering and I was forgetting to breathe. A far cry from a year ago when I thought about every single laboured step I took – I never understood how people could switch off and just run!

Thursday 19th May
    - Met up with Meno, Woddle and Sharktale in Marlay for an ease-in week of this McMillian Ultimo 10k Training. Plan was 4 X 1 mile at 10k pace i.e. 8 min/mile. I didn’t think I’d be able for this at all so planned to try do 8.30, 8.20, 8.10 and push for one 8.00 at the end. It went far better than I expected and in fact my laps were 7.44, 7.30, 7.48 and 7.51. Meno paced the first one for me and it felt good. I went out way too hard on the second one (my first solo one) and paid for it thereafter. But delighted that they were all under 8 – I really didn’t think I had it in me. I was proper bent over dying after the last one though…ugh! :cool:A 1 mile warm down brought the total up to 5 miles for the evening. Not bad… The most deserved muscle repairing steak and glass of vino rouge was much enjoyed afterwards!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RayCun wrote: »
    Or down to Knocklyon runners :pac:

Jesus Ray every second post is a promo, you're a real club man now ;)

The most deserved muscle repairing steak and glass of vino rouge was much enjoyed afterwards!! :D

Dem steaks are great for repairing muscles, especially rare when accompanied by chips and mushy peas :cool:

best of luck in the 5k race on saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Claralara you are doing great these days! Your a "proper" runner now for sure, hanging out with the elites and everything now!! :D

Well done. Wish I will get there some day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well done on the training Clara, you are going to be flying if you keep going like that....

With my new training schedule I hope I will be allowed go on a few more pace training sessions :P

*Looks hopefully at Ecoli*:rolleyes:

Dem steaks are great for repairing muscles, especially rare when accompanied by chips and mushy peas :cool:

best of luck in the 5k race on saturday

Sorry, well done with sauteed potatoes, pancetta and red onion - pepper sauce on the side please.:D

Only heathens eat their steaks well done. Waste of all those lovely juices running into whatever you're having on the side with it.

I'll have mine rare, in a ciabatta roll, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Steak is horrible.

Steak is horrible.

funny-food-photos-not-pictured-pink-slip-napkins.jpg

Only heathens eat their steaks well done. Waste of all those lovely juices running into whatever you're having on the side with it.

I'll have mine rare, in a ciabatta roll, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter. :)

I like to dip my chips in the Steak blood and garlic Butter, much nicer than Ketchup.:pac:

Mr Slow, you do not deserve to eat Steak, stick to the cardboard. All the goodness is in the Blood :cool:

Steak is horrible.

After that comment nothing you say in future will hold any merit.
    Mr Slow, you do not deserve to eat Steak, stick to the cardboard. All the goodness is in the Blood :cool:

You're missing the real flavour, all the juices reduce and coat the steak creating a taste sensation, you're tastes date back to taking a slice from the cow and warming it by campfire to kill off any bacteria, the farmer could return quickly so there was no time to cook the thing.

mrslow wrote: »

You're missing the real flavour, all the juices reduce and coat the steak creating a taste sensation, you're tastes date back to taking a slice from the cow and warming it by campfire to kill off any bacteria, the farmer could return quickly so there was no time to cook the thing.

funny-food-photos-not-pictured-pink-slip-napkins.jpg

I ate well done steak for years (mammy's special), you have no idea what you're talking about. You won't find the freanch/italians/spanish (i.e. people who know about food) serving you a well done steak.

• Advertisement

Oh my God I am so hungry and all that's in the office is chocolate cake...:(

Who wants to deliver a steak to me while I'm chained to the desk?!!

Advertisement