Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thursday 5th May
    - Rest – it was nice to have a planned and deserved rest day as opposed to a day that ends up being a non running day because of arm twisting social plans!!
    Friday 6th May
    - Rest – an unplanned and undeserved rest day… I need to disable the snooze function on the alarm!

Saturday 7th May
    - Cycle: 14.35 miles – snails pace!
    - Run: 4.03miles – Av. Pace 9.33
    Was dragged to the park at 8.30am after a wonderful 3 hour sleep. My vision was slightly blurry and my balance slightly askew, but apart from that I couldn’t have been more prepared for a training session...:rolleyes: There was a good crew out - far too many witnesses…:o All I can say is well done to everyone else on really great runs. Talk about putting me in my place! The rolling back down Knockmaroon Hill on the bike as those on foot overtook me was a low point.. Eventually got to the top and accompanied Shaz back to the cars whereupon I decided to try a little run. It hurt my head. A lot. But seeing as the alternative was spending the day in bed, I was pretty proud of myself!!

Sunday 8th May
    - 11miles – Av Pace 9.16
    The only plan for this run was to just get some decent miles in. I had to had to had to redeem myself after Saturday’s performance so, like a cheap tramp, I met up with the Sunday splitters after my escapades with the Saturday crew. Don’t judge me! I didn’t have high hopes for this as I was a bit worried about being a pathetic female in the pack of speedy mc speederson boys, but they behaved. Well until mile 9 anyway… when they decided to beat me up Knockmaroon Hill with a stick! I was so close to failing but thanks to Shels for coming back and getting me up in one (not broken, but slightly cracked!) piece! And then when I thought it couldn’t get much worse, I was beaten into my last mile at 10k pace by Meno and the Waggababe. It was tough. But I bleedin done it..so there!! :D The boys continued for another 6-9 miles but I finished up after my 11 in favour of a session with Mrslow’s stick in the car park! In a public place. Of a Sunday. Well I never!

By the way, I've signed up for the next Duathlon... I promise not to cheat. Or cry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    By the way, I've signed up for the next Duathlon... I promise not to cheat. Or cry! :D

Cry all you want, just keep going!!!;)

mrslow wrote: »
    Cry all you want, just keep going!!!;)

Yes SIR!!

Yes SIR!!

That's more like it! Can we expect to see you this Sunday?

• Advertisement

The boys continued for another 6-9 miles but I finished up after my 11 in favour of a session with Mrslow’s stick in the car park! In a public place. Of a Sunday. Well I never!

Only spotted this now, my stick is the new up to date model which I'm amazed interested you, I was under the impression you preferred the older model which isn't as firm and loses it's effectiveness periodically?:D:D:D

Only spotted this now, my stick is the new up to date model which I'm amazed interested you, I was under the impression you preferred the older model which isn't as firm and loses it's effectiveness periodically?:D:D:D

I just thought it would be appropriate to have a go of the newer model before writing it off. And whilst I’m glad I entertained the second generation model momentarily, I do think the older one suitably hits the spot. If it ain’t broke…:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

like a cheap tramp.......I finished up after my 11 in favour of a session with Mrslow’s stick in the car park! In a public place. Of a Sunday. Well I never!

:eek:

You left out the spitting :p

Also, FYI it's the saturday group that are the splitters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I think you need to get a new log. This should be left alone as the bottom of the barrel has been reached

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's a chance of me getting out of bed on Sunday morning for a cycle in the park if you want a bike session missy. 20 - 25k an hour or so?

There's a chance of me getting out of bed on Sunday morning for a cycle in the park if you want a bike session missy. 20 - 25k an hour or so?

Anyone holding their breath?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone holding their breath?

Just for that I'm going just to spite you. :)

Just for that I'm going just to spite you. :)

I'd only be delighted to see you, I'm just realistic:pac:

I'd only be delighted to have a closer look at your chest

;) FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I just thought it would be appropriate to have a go of the newer model before writing it off. And whilst I’m glad I entertained the second generation model momentarily, I do think the older one suitably hits the spot. If it ain’t broke…:D;)

And don't you know it :D

Yes a truly apt new title…Well, maybe not the sub 50 part…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I thought you'd done a sub 50 recently ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I thought you'd done a sub 50 recently ;)

Seriously? You don't look it:
    digger.png
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Ah sure U were doing that interval pacing in like 7 minute miles and you didn't look too tired out.... Sub 50 will be cinch for ya....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Does this refer to my story on Sunday about rolling down a hill in a barrel? If so, i thank you. Sub 50 is a gimme. If you think about it, you have 7 weeks to train and are going to train smart so you can buy us all a pint when it happens:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Yeah, but WHAT in sub 50? 10 miles:eek:? 10k:rolleyes:? Or some other random number? :p
    ...or maybe you aren't talking about running at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Emer911 wrote: »
    Yeah, but WHAT in sub 50? 10 miles:eek:? 10k:rolleyes:? Or some other random number? :p
    ...or maybe you aren't talking about running at all?

Oh! just re-read the title. Sub50 10K then :o

Monday 9th May
    Didn’t get out of work in time to run but the extra miles on Sunday covered it!

Tuesday 10th May
    Met up with Meno, Digdig, Aimman, RK, Afficionado and Perkina at the track in UCD last night. Wasn’t really in the mood for a speed session as I had eaten too soon beforehand and the tum was a little off. That didn’t matter anyway – the slave drivers don’t listen to excuses, they just mimic you in a highly immature fashion and make you get on with it. Planned was 7 X 400 @ 7 min pace. I managed to get through the 7 and I think they were all between 6.38 and 6.51. However, I will have to confirm that with my pacer as I was being a complete specialton with the Garmin last night! (Stats to follow!!)
    - Approx 4.5miles including W/U and C/D at 9.30 (ish) pace!

Legs are tired and a little sore tonight having made a conscious effort at keeping good form so hopefully a few easy miles before beer o clock will sort me out!

chinguetti wrote: »
    Does this refer to my story on Sunday about rolling down a hill in a barrel? If so, i thank you. Sub 50 is a gimme. If you think about it, you have 7 weeks to train and are going to train smart so you we can all buy you a pint when it happens:D

On foot of that offer, I promise to train smart! New log title completely referable to Sunday's entertainment! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well I have ur approximate times from memory cuz they are mostly the same as mine.

6.54, 6.37, 6,49, 6.36,6.36,6.52, 6.36.

Now those times could be off by a second or two but it gives u a rough idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I managed to get through the 7 and I think they were all between 6.38 and 6.51. However, I will have to confirm that with my pacer as I was being a complete specialton with the Garmin last night! (Stats to follow!!)
    - Approx 4.5miles including W/U and C/D at 9.30 (ish) pace!

Legs are tired and a little sore tonight having made a conscious effort at keeping good form so hopefully a few easy miles before beer o clock will sort me out!

Well done!

Wednesday 11th May
    - 5.14miles – Av Pace 9.15
    Wasn’t really feeling this after a hectic day in work and had some stuff on my mind – came very close to bailing. And then I figured that a run would only but help, so I didn’t. It was probably a bit too fast for a recovery run after the intervals on Tuesday, but I had beers to attend to! The legs are still a little sore but apparently that’s a good sign…sadists!

Thursday 12th May
    - 4.3 miles
    Met up with Digdig at the end of his LSR for what was supposed to be a 40 min tempo run (tempo pace being 8.09-8.30). However, it didn’t go exactly according to plan as I had other stuff on my mind and wasn’t really concentrating. So instead it turned into an I’ll-just-try-run-a-little-faster-than-normal-slash-fartlek session… First 2 miles were 8.50 and 8.15, followed by a short walk break, a 7.29 mile (ding ding!!) :D, a short walk break and a 1.3mile warm down at 9.30ish pace, up the Kyber and into the wind – he’s just full of good ideas!! Bit of a random session but good enough I suppose. :)

Friday 13th May
    - 3 miles (10.50, 10.33, 9.53)
    This was my first proper slooow recovery run because I usually struggle to keep it as slow as (10.28 – 10.58 pace) which is what McMillan prescribes. No such struggle today though. The legs are tired after this week. Looking forward to a rest tomorrow!

• Advertisement

However, it didn’t go exactly according to plan as I had other stuff on my mind and wasn’t really concentrating.

Too many suitors?:P

Advertisement