Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

brownian wrote: »
    Might do worse than link to this from the Meet and Run thread on the main forum, or else just mention the plan (it's not my plan, or I'd do it myself). Might try and make it in to the Park myself this weekend, just to put faces on "names", so I know who to look out for down in Galway :)

Yeah, we will put it up on the Group training thread once we agree to a definate time and place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Sunday 3rd April - 10am Papal Cross car park - 10 miles - 9.30 / 10 pace. Sorry lads that's all I'll be able to manage pace wise if I want my legs to work in Connemara. So I may only get a hello in before you all sprint off in the wilderness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    Sunday 3rd April - 10am Papal Cross car park - 10 miles - 9.30 / 10 pace. Sorry lads that's all I'll be able to manage pace wise if I want my legs to work in Connemara. So I may only get a hello in before you all sprint off in the wilderness :D

There's nothing some of those lads like more than the wilderness in the Phoenix Park...It's where they get most of their action!

Tuesday 29th March
    - 3.57miles - Av Pace 8.45
    Oops..this was supposed to be a 3 X 10 min/mile recovery... The legs felt good though so just went with it. I'll have to not do that on these shorter runs despite the temptation - I'll end up falling off the kerb and spread eagled on the N11 while an articulated lorry runs over me and then reverse for good measure just to make sure I'll be out of Conn!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    There's nothing some of those lads like more than the wilderness in the Phoenix Park...It's where they get most of their action!

Is that where you get the cross training you were talking about in the Connemara thread?! ;)

• Advertisement

Is that where you get the cross training you were talking about in the Connemara thread?! ;)

Jeez.....Do I have no privacy around here...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Digger loves running off into the wilderness in the phoenix park, especially with young french men ;)

. The legs felt good so just went with the temptation and spread eagled on the N11

Whatever floats your boat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    Pace is whatever suits the group. It can be anything from 8-10 min/mile depending on who shows up. We're an all inclusive bunch :cool:

I'm doing 16 (10 @ 8:30) but don't know whether it'll be Sat or Sun yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

O, great run in Mallow! Like the others said, you played it just right, Conn is the goal! :)

• Advertisement

Act your age!

Was out and about yesterday evening and didn’t get home til after 10. I wanted to go for a run but apparently that when all the psychos come out… I dunno though, from what I could see on the logs, everyone here had their run done for the day so I reckon I would have been pretty safe!

This morning the alarm went off for a pre-work run but I was actually too terrified to go out in that weather in case I had some sort of freak accident like getting blown into a concrete wall or having a tree fall down on top me! Tonight…

I’m getting very nervous… If the pack of butterflies that have shacked up in my stomach could make their departure anytime soon, that would be much appreciated!

Uh oh… So what does one do while going out of their mind with nerves about running their first marathon… Enter another one of course!! It’s official, I need to be committed!

Anywho.…

Thanks for your order!
    Products on order: 1 x Dublin Marathon & Race Series

Lifestyle Sports Adidas Dublin Marathon
    Dublin Marathon 2011 – Monday 31st October, 9am

I think it’s time to step away from the internet..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Heh heh - you go, girl!

Give it a few days, you'll have signed up for some Ultra or other too! 8-]

Someone needs to cancel my laser and credit cards before something terrible happens! I need to get out for a run..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Sub 3:30 target for Dublin then?

Act your age!

Never...I say, never!

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Sub 3:30 target for Dublin then?

Pah ha ha ha ha!! I nearly put myself out of the game for Conn after falling on the floor at that... I wish! :rolleyes:

Thursday 31st March
    - 7.14 miles - Av Pave 9.32
    This was only supposed to be 5miles but I ended up going a bit ar5e about face because I wanted to get Cornelscourt Hill in - which I did. And then down and back up Glenamuck Road. Hills are my friend..:D Little twinge in the knees on the uphill but nothing to worry about. Nice and easy tonight and I loved every step, twas wonderful - only 19 more to add on...:eek:

I was in such a rush to get out and back before the psychos tonight that I forgot to take off my jewellery... A garmin and a watch on the same wrist is a surprisingly good look..:rolleyes:

Thursday 31st March
    - 7.14 miles - Av Pave 9.32

My Garmin had you at 8:03 pace for those miles ;)

Never...I say, never!

I'll hide your bottle of regain and force you to!!

I'll hide your bottle of regain and force you to!!

Not for the first time.......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not for the first time.......:rolleyes:

But possibly for the last!

But possibly for the last!

Possibly is a weak word...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well are we tapering and going mad yet? Have you the bountiful energy of wanting to run forever and having to stop yourself from doing so?

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well are we tapering and going mad yet? Have you the bountiful energy of wanting to run forever and having to stop yourself from doing so?

Oh sure last night I thought I could have run the distance there and then. I considered going for it and staying out all night. Just another regular Thursday night so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nice run last night & nice too that you enjoyed it. That's what it's all about really.
    And nothing wrong with a bit of bling! :cool:

claralara...

Was that you I saw going into The Canal Bank Cafe at lunchtime today? If so, I beeped at you but you didn't see me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

claralara...

Was that you I saw going into The Canal Bank Cafe at lunchtime today? If so, I beeped at you but you didn't see me!

We have a stalker :p

We have a stalker :p

That's too much personal info Brian ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara...

Ah poor Digger, don't you realise we are all part of Claralara's secret life where she runs and enjoys the company of people who don't have butlers, she couldn't possibly acknowledge you for fear of being lambasted by her peers - 'Oh my God, do you loike know someone who drives their own car?', 'Of course not, he's probably the gardener or some other loike slave we own, I'll make sure Torquine has him whipped for his insolence' :D

• Advertisement

claralara...

Jaysus, you can't do anything around here! You wouldn't want to be having any illicit secret affairs anyway!

But yes that was me, I stupidly agreed to meet an old acquaintance who struggles with intelligent conversation to say the least! I couldn't even have a glass of wine to get me through it. The food was good though! :)

Advertisement