Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I was in a work meeting and heard the noise of the bottom of a barrel been stratched so i said i'ld check this log for a new low and i was right.

Well someone think of the children who may read this by accident. Or call Joe Duffy, whichever is handier?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

chinguetti wrote: »
    I was in a work meeting and heard the noise of the bottom of a barrel been stratched so i said i'ld check this log for a new low and i was right.

Well someone think of the children who may read this by accident. Or call Joe Duffy, whichever is handier?

Totally agree spaghetti, we need a stewards enquiry on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I just don't know......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

shazkea wrote: »
    Ah jaysus...I've just had lunch :eek:. There should be some warning alert with this log!!

I'm very sorry Shaz! Please don't let this lot deter you from my ramblings. Nothing else will make you sleep as well :D

And lads seriously - I do not need to get banned over the next three weeks...there'e no where else to vent. Nobody listens. Nobody cares... wah! :( Strongly worded letter in the post to the grown ups in charge of all of you!

Last night as I was running I was thinking about all the logs I’ve been reading recently that go along the lines of ‘Do you know when everything just comes together for a run and it feels easy and amazing...’ and I was just thinking noooooo I do not know that feeling! :mad: I couldn’t think of the last time I had that feeling and I don’t the battery will last long enough on the computer to let me trawl back to find out!

Wednesday 23rd March
    - 6.42miles – Av Pace 9.25
    The intended pace was sloooooowwww – I was aiming for 10min/miles and a bit of enjoyment. It only took about 2 miles or so for the legs to loosen up which was a nice change. And hip hip hooray I settled in and really enjoyed it. Even though it was a nice easy flat route, it’s given me a little, but much needed, confidence boost. And by the way if the owner of the ratty excuse for a mutt is reading this, it deserved to be almost trampled on and frightened half to death by the monster that is claralara!! It was the smallest killer animal I’ve ever seen in my life but it was KILLER! Grrrr. :D

Went for my sports massage after the run. She worked away on my legs and decided that the tight calves were a result of tight hammies which she then stuck her puny little fingers into to make me squeal. She then decided that my tight hammies were a result of tight and uncooperative glutes. It was the funniest thing in the world when she started working on the glutes. It was so tickly that I almost fell off the table laughing. And then every time I relaxed she’d stick her knuckles in and they’d tense right back up. They just kept spasming like they have a mind of their own. I think it was my bum’s way of getting back at me for hating it all these years! I was sent home with orders to start using my rear end to massage the wall with the tennis ball! It’s an entertaining looking exercise to say the least! I was warned that I may be in a little pain to excuse tomorrow’s run so I suppose I’ll just play it by ear.

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    I was sent home with orders to start using my rear end to massage the wall with the tennis ball! It’s an entertaining looking exercise to say the least! [/FONT]

And you're trying not to get banned! Sweet heaven, the double meanings will fly on here once they have a read of it.

And you're trying not to get banned! Sweet heaven, the double meanings will fly on here once they have a read of it.

DELETE DELETE DELETE!!

Horse bolted, stable door open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Went for my sports massage after the run. She worked away on my legs and decided that the tight calves were a result of tight hammies which she then stuck her puny little fingers into to make me squeal. She then decided that my tight hammies were a result of tight and uncooperative glutes. It was the funniest thing in the world when she started working on the glutes. It was so tickly that I almost fell off the table laughing. And then every time I relaxed she’d stick her knuckles in and they’d tense right back up. They just kept spasming like they have a mind of their own. I think it was my bum’s way of getting back at me for hating it all these years! I was sent home with orders to start using my rear end to massage the wall with the tennis ball! It’s an entertaining looking exercise to say the least! I was warned that I may be in a little pain to excuse tomorrow’s run so I suppose I’ll just play it by ear.

Wait till the lads get their mucky paws on that :pac:

God help anyone we don't know sitting in the same carriage next Sunday morning. They'll be shocked by the time we get to Mallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yeah your post really doesn't do you any favours! Wait til the 'two' read it! :rolleyes:

On a more running related note, glad you enjoyed the run yesterday, that's what it's all about :)

Went for my erotic massage after the run. She worked away on my legs and decided that the tight calves were a result of tight hammies which she then stuck her beautiful little fingers into to make me squeal with delight. She then decided that my tight hammies were a result of tight and uncooperative glutes. It was the hottest thing in the world when she started working on the glutes. It was so intense that I almost fell off the table . And then every time I relaxed she’d sink her teeth in and they’d tense right back up. They just kept spasming like they have a mind of their own. I think it was my bum’s way of getting back at me for hating it all these years! (I shouldn't really, it's not my bum's fault that it's offensive).Then she took her top off.........

I prefer this version.:D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Yeah your post really doesn't do you any favours! Wait til the 'two' read it! :rolleyes:

On a more running related note, glad you enjoyed the run yesterday, that's what it's all about :)

Digger and Meno?:)

mrslow wrote: »

This, from the person who wrote the previous post!?!?!?! :D

mrslow wrote: »

This, from the person who wrote the previous post!?!? Purrrrlease...........:D

jcsmum wrote: »
    This, from the person who wrote the previous post!?!? Purrrrlease...........:D

It wrote itself :D and I could have gone on...

That’s the pay per view version, how’d you manage to get your hands on that in a recession?!

Oh dear god, I’m shocked and appalled at you’re riotous imagination!

In other news and to slay another worry that I didn’t need on top of marathon worry, I’ve been offered a permanent job once I qualify properly next month. :DThere was some mild hysteria that I was going to find myself unemployed with all the time in the world to focus on becoming a professional athlete but I fear that will have to be put on hold now. Apparently I’m a dream employee*:rolleyes:
    *I may have added that bit myself.

And jcsmum, thank you for remembering that this log is, despite how it might otherwise come across, a running and training log. Feeling good for a run tonight so another enjoyable easy one me hopes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

That's great news for you on the job front. So long as your internet "adult content" training log doesn't reach your employers you should be fine:)

Well done on the better run the other day - I think most people hit glitches and when they happen this close to an event that you've put a lot of effort into, you can see an iceberg when it's only a bit of froth. Running's lovely today, so look forward to a good one.

I assume you're tapering at this stage? I've never tapered properly before, but got good advice from the Prince of Clowns, which I plan to follow.

Well done on the job and i'm assuming that you are now running the roads in a carefree, easy manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Well done on the job and i'm assuming that you are now, easy.

Jeez...Even Meno's twin is dragging this log out of the gutter and into the sewer....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Congrats on the job Claralara. Great news. :p

Thursday 24th March
    Life got in the way of planned run last night and ended up being too wrecked to go out.

Friday 25th March
    - 5.65miles – Av Pace 9.39
    After being wrecked last night, I couldn’t sleep this morning so instead of lying in bed looking out the window I just got up and headed out. Took it really easy. I really just needed to go out and get some air and have some quiet time, I wasn’t worried about the distance or pace. Nice and easy undulating (I believe is the word...:rolleyes:) run.

Great news about the job. :)
    Maybe your employers were impressed by your dedication and commitment to running. Don't mess it up now by going crazy (I mean crazier) in the office during taper weeks. ;)

brownian wrote: »
    I assume you're tapering at this stage? I've never tapered properly before, but got good advice from the Prince of Clowns, which I plan to follow.

I think I’m tapering…I’m definitely cooling the jets on the distance and pressure I’ve been putting on myself. Midweek runs had reached in the region of 5/8/5 (tues/weds/thurs) and then the longer LSRs at the weekend. This week it was more like 4/6/4, mallow 10 on Sunday. Next week maybe 3/5/3 and 8 at the weekend and then a few 2/3milers the week before. I’m kinda walking into this blind as I have no previous experience to go on but I’m sure I’ll learn lots….:rolleyes:

I'm off to read the clown's advice in your log!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congrats on the job front! That's lovely news to get.

Best of luck in Mallow, hope you have a great day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

RubyK wrote: »
    Congrats on the job front! That's lovely news to get.

Best of luck in Mallow, hope you have a great day :)

Exactly what Ruby says above.

Glad to see you back enjoying running, in some ways I think training for a first marathon ruins the enjoyment, too much pressure to get runs done and it becomes a chore. I hated Jan training and the few runs I did in Feb but I'm loving it again. Having said that though it's a marathon so make sure you enjoy it and especially crossing that finishing line :)

I think I’m tapering…I’m definitely cooling the jets on the distance and pressure I’ve been putting on myself. Midweek runs had reached in the region of 5/8/5 (tues/weds/thurs) and then the longer LSRs at the weekend. This week it was more like 4/6/4, mallow 10 on Sunday. Next week maybe 3/5/3 and 8 at the weekend and then a few 2/3milers the week before. I’m kinda walking into this blind as I have no previous experience to go on but I’m sure I’ll learn lots….:rolleyes:

I'm off to read the clown's advice in your log!

That all sounds about right!

I posted this in Brownian's log earlier - just said I'd lash it in here so I'd have it to look back on!
    My original goal was just to finish in whatever time it so took – I started with an ‘anything under five and a half hours once I cross the finish line’ target. I only really thought about revised goals after you mentioned it yesterday so I suppose I’ll commit to the following: - (they are so far off what you’re aiming for…don’t laugh!)
    - over 4.45 – I’ll be a nightmare to be around. Forever.
    - 4.30 – 4.45 – I’ll take it as an achievement and reassess for DCM to make some serious improvements.
    - 4.15 – 4.30 – within the goal boundaries – I’d be delighted with this for my first marathon (especially in Connemara)
    - 4.15 or less – my 4.15 is your 3.00 – dream goal.
    The number one objective is to enjoy it though –the worst outcome possible will be if I never want to run again after it!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds like a good plan. Would have been aiming for the 4:15-4:30 bracket myself if I hadn't fecked myself up in Barcelona. You'll be grand :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If you hit your dream goal and I hit my dream Ultra, we'll be crosing the line at the same time! :D

Advertisement