Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions- January 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max temp today 8.1c now its 1.6c under clear skies. should be a heavy frost setting in soon.

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dry,clear and cold night in Castlebar with a bright moon high in the sky.0 atm,Light SW'LY.1035.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Clear skies and -4.5c, only got down to -2.9c last night so already off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Flan_Da_Man125

temp 1c
    clear skies
    perfect full moon
    no wind and foggy
    very frosty already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Lovely clear frosty morning. -5C at 8am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

+1 deg,cloudy with some clear spells,wind light and south easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

-2.7 and dense fog where i am in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Don't know what the temp is but freezing and foggy here in KK but brightening up now. It was cold enough last night to freeze my washing machine while it was in action though. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Bright, sunny.... I HATE IT :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Very cold last night with a heavy frost, temp got down to -4.4c which is very rare for Waterford City. Even in the last cold spell we maybe got that low 2 or 3 times. Sun is up now and its clear with a temp of -1.9c.

Temps taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Some beautiful frostscapes in Galway City this morning - it's good to see them back again :)
    Clear and sunny. Temp 1C with an overnight low of -2.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very cold last night with a heavy frost, temp got down to -4.4c which is very rare for Waterford City. Even in the last cold spell we maybe got that low 2 or 3 times. Sun is up now and its clear with a temp of -1.9c.

Temps taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

I got -5.5 Mick, very impressive frost indeed. Some patches of freezing fog about earlier also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

Fog clearing .. Sun is starting to peek through the clouds now it was a hard frost last nite here in Castlebar Temp is 1C atm

temp 3.5c
    partly cloudy
    no wind and frost still lingering in sheltered spots
    beautiful day again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Coldest day for a while here, frost didnt melt in places all day. Great looking full moon tonight with the clear and cloudless sky

Max temp today was 6.7c, now its 0.8c and mostly clear with the odd cloud blocking out the Full moon.

Live Streaming webcam and data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry clear in Castlebar.-1 atm.Light Southerly.1037.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford

After a clear sunny cloudless day it is now partly cloudy and -4C.

Ground rock solid.

Full moon.

No wind.

Lovely weather.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Well we had a min of -7.4c this morning, far from boring imho!

A lot of the frost stayed on the ground all day, 5 years ago that would have been marveled at, now its considered a snooze fest!

Currently -3.7c up slightly from -4.1c an hour ago, fog is coming and going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah I was watching the NI weather a while ago and they had -8C on the map, I remember being amazed this time last year when I heard it could get down to -8C, tonight I didnt even give it a second thought. If only there was a bit of snow in Dublin right now we'd be in a severe cold spell again!

-3.2C here, really bright and clear, absolutely no wind

• Advertisement

temp 0.5c
    partly cloudy with fog
    full moon is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Nice Terra/MODIS image of some patchy fog/low cloud over the north/north-east earlier on today:

144264.JPG

Taken at 11.45am

Full hi-res image here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Fog and frost in Galway city. Temp -2.6C with a low of -4C recorded at 6.20AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

-5c here at 7am, clouded over now and -2c

Low -4.0 at 8.15am, Currently clear with a heavy frost, Temp -2.7c.

Live National Temps @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-4.6C at 8.45AM, currently -3.9C with clear skies

Cold frosty and very foggy. I can barely see the houses on opposite side of green.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its after getting foggy in Limerick when it was clear enough around 8 this morning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

4 deg light cloud cover,wind light south easterly.no frost here last night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Calm, dry and clear in south Meath. And very cold. Water dripping from the frost melting off the roof in the sunshine is freezing on contact with the ground, creating an ever expanding ice sheet around the building.

Advertisement