Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions- January 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max temp today 7.2c in Waterford City, A little bit more cloud around now with a breeze from the ESE direction. Maybe we won't hit the lows of the last few nights if current conditions stay the same. Temp now 6.7c

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

-1 in Blessington since 5 oclock this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

-1.4C at the moment, low of -6.7C this morning. Really thick frost which didnt melt at all in shaded areas

Another beautiful clear and sunny day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Cold and calm in Galway City with frost lingering in the shade all day. A layer of high cloud has spilled in from the NW bringing a slight rise in temperature - now 1.5C from an earlier low of 1C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford

Another calm cloudless sunny day. White frost only melted where there was direct sunlight.

-3C now. Ground frozen hard and ponds in a wee lake in nearby park frozen over.

Didn't try walking on it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Fog (Pea souper) between Foxford and Swinford .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry,clear and cold in Castlebar.-2 atm.Calm.Some Fog patches.1040.

Just been enveloped with Freezing fog here , car reading -5 .
    (Foxford)

Dense freezing fog in Galway City. Temp -2.5C
    1042.7 - Rising slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Another frosty, foggy morning here.
    Current temp.. -2.7c
    Dew point ..-3.1c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Currently its -0.7c and clear blue skies after a foggy start locally. -2.8c at 8.40am was the low temp. Pressure has risen to 1041.9 which is close to a record for my station.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

6 deg,wall to wall sun,calm

Cold and still frosty in places here, but overall a lovely crisp sunny day. So clear, I saw more jets today than Ive ever noticed before. Contrails criss crossing the sky all over. Wish I had better binos. I even saw a sundog today.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Weather very different to othe places here, 2nd ice day in a row, fog hasn't lifted, very dull but all trees etc are white from the freezing fog. No water for the cattle. . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

in south tipp here , fog hasnt lifted all day , no sunshine whatsoever....
    -1 at the moment, everything is frozen , roads are seriously bad , trucks cant make it up hills even and cars sliding up and down hils also :eek:

Daylong dense freezing fog in Galway City. Temp -1.8C

After early fog in parts of Waterford City the sun came up and burnt it away. Was a lovely clear cold Winters Day. Max temp was 4c currently its a clear night with a temp of -0.1c

More detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Can't wait to see what its like to see past the front hedge outside! Which pretty much sums up the current conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm under a blanket of cloud at the moment, it appears the anticyclonic gloom I've been dreading has arrived :( yet the 2000 ME obs for Dublin Airport, only a few miles away says fair and -2. It cant be -2 where I am cos I just checked outside and theres no frost on cars? odd :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Has anyone ever seen this effect before? The frost settled on the walls just after sundown, very suddenly - probably within an hour or so. I've never seen anything like it. I'd love to know what's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Foggy and -1.3 degrees

slowburner wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen this effect before? The frost settled on the walls just after sundown, very suddenly - probably within an hour or so. I've never seen anything like it. I'd love to know what's happening.

Probably freezing fog moving against the wall and freezing on contact with it, only started after sundown as the sun would have been keeping the wall warm enough before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Bit of a peasouper in KK. I've never seen fog this bad in the town.

Dry and Clear in Castlebar.Patches of Fog about too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford

Calm, overcast, 0C. Everything frozen solid.

Funny thing; heavy hoar frost on Wednesday persisted out of the direct sunlight. Then it clouded over and by Thursday morning this 'anticyclonic gloom' was in place.

Two days later the hoar frost sits intact in all the places where it survived the sun on Wednesday - the rest is clear and dry though the ground is frozen.

Dry bright morning. Low last night -0.1c and not much frost due to cloud cover. Now its 2.3c and rising. Should be a nice day.

More detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

4 deg,light north easterly wind,sunny

Fog lifted for about 20 mins this morning and then came back, not as cold as the last two days though with a temp of 1C.

dry and sunny all day, still frost lingering in the shadows though.

• Advertisement

A dry and fine day in Castlebar,up to 6 Degrees during the afternoon,falling back now.Light NE'LY.1043.

Advertisement