Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the weather like in your area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea Snow here too.
    Occasional blizzard style showers which are awful cold, 1c on the jeep display.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Sorry guys bright sunshine here in the Brecon Beacons, mind you there are clouds all round so don't know how long it will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭High bike

Not great here either sleet falling in the mid west:mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sleet showers here too, good day for the profit (?) monitor.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Cold but dry here in Dublin, it was a nice bright day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Feck , lads it would want to be drying up soon as it wasnt making much difference all along but from now now on it will. anyone have any good news on the weather front

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fairly gusty around here, dry though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Henry the VIII storm was a good storm. All wind and no rain.
    Some drying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Was talking to youngest (Galway City) on the phone a few minutes ago and he said the winds were howling but thankfully no rain.
    On the flip side eldest whatsapp'ed (sp) me yesterday morning from Aus. Weather was dry, warm and a sunny 27 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Henry the VIII storm was a good storm. All wind and no rain.
    Some drying out.

Bit like the vacuum cleaner

• Advertisement

Good weather here today. Guys around here are starting with field work again.

The weather gurus are saying we could get a bad storm here in the south of Ireland on sunday. I hope it's not a repeat of the storm we got in Feb 2014.:(

Here in BBNP the sky looks grey and the clouds are racing but in the far distance the sky looks blue, feels like snow is on its way maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Bit mizzly here and cloudy. Better than the beating sun or pouring rain, can stay comfortable out and about on the farm.

Well it didn't snow as I had predicted but the temp did dip quite a bit. Today is just cold and overcast - boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Miserable overcast wet day in Longford - 7 degrees but feels colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Pissy type of a day

BBNP - Sun shining one minute then disappearing, river is very high with a lot of silt, we have been told to expect really high winds later on today.

Fliuch agus baisteach.

Imogen looks like it will be a bad storm at the moment with 120km/h winds forecast for the south west and Waterford and south wexford.
    It will hit tonight and tomorrow morning.

Mind yourselves folks.

Imogen is gusting but not as bad as it seems to have been for Ireland. Keep safe & congrats on beating Wales!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Sky is very purple here! No rain as yet.

Wait.....there it is. Lashing now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Weak enough wind wise up here
    Time it stopped raining, land is slop

Looks like an unnamed system next weekend with more heavy rain,to top up a showery cold week
    Throw in the possibility of a sleetier picture by then and we'll be thankful for all our silage come may

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Not much wind here but heavy cold rain and sky closed from one side to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

God, it's fair rough here now. The worst kind of driving rain. I housed the last few cattle on Saturday. Wanted to graze out the last bit of grass. They're well glad to be in now.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

lashed rain all last night and wind with it , tough night on lambs and ewes in field only had few out that were near a week old so they were ok. need some dry weather soon hopefully a high pressure scenarion could develop i would take cold frosty weather fora fe weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

God, it's fair rough here now. The worst kind of driving rain. I housed the last few cattle on Saturday. Wanted to graze out the last bit of grass. They're well glad to be in now.

Horrendous night and morning here, hard to face the winterage today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

bad bad night, and rain all mornin
    wet n miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A bit of meal is the only thing to warm them in this weather.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

The type of morning that you head down and find 3 cows calved. icon8.png

The type of morning that you head down and find 3 cows calved. icon8.png

Tis but I won't have any more for a fortnight at least thank god. Milling rain here aswell now :(

• Advertisement

A bit of meal is the only thing to warm them in this weather.

It's myself I'm worried about ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement