Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the weather like in your area?

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

They took 6 hares from here and they returned 6 tagged hares. A hare can only be coursed once a year so each coursing club uses a different colour tag so it won't be coursed again the same year.

There's a nice few bob in catching a hare so you will get a few lads lamping late at night in another clubs area to catch their hares.

They are some sight close up and the speed of them as they take off again is fantastic. There is little enough cover for them here anymore so I enjoy watching them while I can.

Seen em catch a good few hares over the years - never seen a tagged hare... which would suggest they weren't returning em, which is what I thought anyways...

And we have very few (if any) hares left now... which is a pity, as I used to like seeing em too...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Seen em catch a good few hares over the years - never seen a tagged hare... which would suggest they weren't returning em, which is what I thought anyways...

And we have very few (if any) hares left now... which is a pity, as I used to like seeing em too...

I think coursing a hare is a shocking way to treat a unique part of our Irish faunal heritage.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

A most beautiful morning. Lawns cut since I got up. A morning for living.
    Good for man and beast

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Good for man and beast

The bees are absolutely cracked here this last two weeks of fine weather. They're mad for ivy this time of the year. A last hurrah before winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭High bike

Costa del mid west again today,long may it continue hopefully shorten the winter.Pity it's going to be dark by 5.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

High bike wrote: »
    Costa del mid west again today,long may it continue hopefully shorten the winter.Pity it's going to be dark by 5.30

Turn on the lights won't be as dark then

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »

Sure that will cost money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Good for man and beast

Weather is savage alright, flies still buzzing roumd coe ****es.... tis mad stuff Ted!!

Was there not a heavy dew on the lawn before 10? Great fun turning up a ride on and cleaning the decks, slightly easier with a push job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

19 degrees here today

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    19 degrees here today

Where the **** were you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Where the **** were you
    Costa Del Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Muckit wrote: »
    Weather is savage alright, flies still buzzing roumd coe ****es.... tis mad stuff Ted!!

Was there not a heavy dew on the lawn before 10? Great fun turning up a ride on and cleaning the decks, slightly easier with a push job!!

But sure in'st that really 11.00 o clock :)

Would'nt fancy cutting the lawn at that time on a Sunday morning around here, don't think the neighbors would be too impressed.

I was up in the Nire today about 12.00 o clock walking through some fields, really pleasant in the warm sunshine.

Lovely part of the country in good weather.

have to wait to get the leccie in first

Reggie. wrote: »
    Sure that will cost money
    it doesn't grow on trees u knowReggie:D

Ah boss will ya leave them alone sir
    hello sir:D