Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the weather like in your area?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

After a dry morning raining now

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

It is very mild here in the Brecon Beacons National Park and dull but dry. I am watching the weather in the States and suspect it is on the way over here sometime next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

LinF wrote: »
    It is very mild here in the Brecon Beacons National Park and dull but dry. I am watching the weather in the States and suspect it is on the way over here sometime next week.

I think it's supposed to arrive here Monday/ Tuesday but it'll be rain not snow.
    Could be snow on the top of the mountains where you are but I think it will be rain.
    There giving a lot of rain for the west of Ireland, wales and north west England this week unfortunately.

Thanks so much - keep safe everyone. We have the Environment Agency coming tomorrow to check that we are behaving ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,285 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

14 degrees here today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

whelan2 wrote: »
    14 degrees here today

Still is here in north Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Tis an extremely windy morning down south. Strong winds and rain all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,528 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Same in Cavan, wind has eased a bit but still blustery and pouring rain. Not very nice at all.

Dull, drizzling and miserable but quite mild. Environment Agency girls did not bitch about anything, must be a first!

Oh god the rain has been relentless all night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Mad wild and pouring rain

BBNP - Still drizzling but the wind has picked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Have ye ever seen as much wind in recent winters,some weather models are hinting now at a shot of severe cold by the end of next week, we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

It's like that band who sang Love Is All Around here.

Have ye ever seen as much wind in recent winters,some weather models are hinting now at a shot of severe cold by the end of next week, we'll see

I don't see much mention anywhere of the strong winds forecast for Thursday night/ Friday morning. They don't mention it on met eireann only on this site https://www.windyty.com/?2016-01-29-03,53.348,-6.260,6

I read their forecast again they're saying gusty sw winds tomorrow but not much about thurs night/ Friday morn.

Its blown up into a nice bright fresh day here in Cavan, some isolated showers hanging about but generally bright and breezy.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I don't see much mention anywhere of the strong winds forecast for Thursday night/ Friday morning. They don't mention it on met eireann only on this site https://www.windyty.com/?2016-01-29-03,53.348,-6.260,6

I read their forecast again they're saying gusty sw winds tomorrow but not much about thurs night/ Friday morn.

I heard on the radio storm Gertrude is arriving tonight. Met Eireann have now weather warnings out for a lot of the country but mostly for the west and southern coastal counties. I think it'll be worst from 11 pm to 5 am.

I heard on the radio storm Gertrude is arriving tonight. Met Eireann have now weather warnings out for a lot of the country but mostly for the west and southern coastal counties. I think it'll be worst from 11 pm to 5 am.

Was the storm we had the other day not called Jonas? Thought they went alphabetically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was the storm we had the other day not called Jonas? Thought they went alphabetically?

Jonas was the tail of an American storm, it didn't start off the Irish coast.

Kovu wrote: »
    Jonas was the tail of an American storm, it didn't start off the Irish coast.

Yea it was named by the americans when it was a storm out there but when it got here it was more a rain low pressure system than a storm. If it was still a storm when it arrived on this side of atlantic it would have been called Gertrude.

• Advertisement

Yea it was named by the americans when it was a storm out there but when it got here it was more a rain low pressure system than a storm. If it was still a storm when it arrived on this side of atlantic it would have been called Gertrude.
    Daughter cant wait for the storm beginning with K as its her name, she'll just have to wait a bit longer

Daughter cant wait for the storm beginning with K as its her name, she'll just have to wait a bit longer

The way it's looking at the moment we should be able to reach K no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Wind picking up, strong South gusts

Damn windy, driving horizontal rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

It was a storm here anyway, the first one to take away part of a roof anyway

Milked out wrote: »
    It was a storm here anyway, the first one to take away part of a roof anyway

If you have any more shed roofs that might blow off it might be worth putting some weight or ropes on them as next week is looking very stormy. It looks like storm Henry will be here on Monday and even the day beforehand sunday will be gusty and then there may be more named storms during the week but it looks like there could be another biggish storm Friday.:(

Still windy. Wind blew back door of jeep closed when I was taking out buckets of meal. Walloped my knee off tow bar.

Just blowing at the moment. I think there is more to come. Keep safe guys.

Brightened up a nice day here in Cavan, brisk drying wind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Snow! Wasn't expecting that this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement