Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the weather like in your area?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Foggy and cool conditions on my way into Mullingar earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Milked out wrote: »
    Your ponds full for irrigation later in year so, or will a lot of it evaporate by the time it's needed

They were full after about 5 days rain.
    Evaporation takes a little...there is a formula to calculate it but I don't have it to hand.
    Apart from the annoyance of constant flooding, it could dry up in March and have nothing until November...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Dark cold wet day here. Hoping for a sunny weekend. Could do with a bit of sunshine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Dull & cold - yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭High bike

A pure fcuk of a day,never stopped all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Heavy heavy afternoon and evenings rain in west cork, had no idea it was gonna be so a deluge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Decided to make a sacrifice paddock today. Left out 5 more that have feet issues. After this evenings deluge it's definitely sacrifice

• Registered Users Posts: 24,386 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Didn't get a drop here all day

• Registered Users Posts: 29,237 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Snowing earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Snowing now...thunder earlier

• Advertisement

Dry but with masses of clouds scooting in all directions, think it will snow later on - at least that is what the forecasters have predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Decided to make a sacrifice paddock today. Left out 5 more that have feet issues. After this evenings deluge it's definitely sacrifice
    do you include maize in diet, heard a chap last week claim since including maize meal in diet , feet issues have reduced in dairy herd.

VERY FROSTY

Lovely, crisp & sunny, long may it last.

sandydan wrote: »
    do you include maize in diet, heard a chap last week claim since including maize meal in diet , feet issues have reduced in dairy herd.

No. Don't have maize. Grass/grass silage is the only feed that 90% of our animals ever get. Most of the animals have cubicles to lay on, so I think a certain few animals "just have bad feet"

30 mls forecasted for west cork today, could really do with it, not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Really :(

Fcuk it, and I was out there and there is a nice dryin wind, not too cold... Was thinking tis good that places were starting to get that not-saturated feeling...

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

I was hoping to get them out for a few hours before it started but put them back in after milking.got a few loads of slurry out yesterday and it was sticky in patches but it felt great to finally get out on land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

More than sick of this ****e at this stage

Very windy here, hope it stays dry for a few hours, let springing cows out to paddock while I clean out calving pens

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

its been raining non stop for nearly 4 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

We have had about 5 rain free days here in north Galway since last October, the only thing out on our land now are swans. Milkers will be lucky to get out by beginning of April.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

ye even patricks day looks like a pipe dream this year, really depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Blustery down hear. Was spreading slurry this morning and leaving down very little marks. Went out this evening and nearly got stuck.

keep going wrote: »
    I was hoping to get them out for a few hours before it started but put them back in after milking.got a few loads of slurry out yesterday and it was sticky in patches but it felt great to finally get out on land

Think I saw that slurry heading out towards the Fastnet Rock earlier!
    What an incredible days rain here, again!

In scotland atm and it was pouring from about 12 midday. Was really hoping it was just here but DSW and KG have really dashed my hopes. Looks like moving slurry from tank to tank on Saturday is a definite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

There's a lot of snow here!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Kovu wrote: »
    There's a lot of snow here!

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,386 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Snow here but is melting away tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

The rain that fell here last night from 8 till 12 was incredible. No cows going out today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement