Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots, Soap & Glory sets again this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Hah as a man I'm clueless when it comes to women's products. I'm also a cynic when it comes to creams in bottles!

I stood in boots today in a frenzy of madness with people picking these up two at a time whilst staff were replacing it with more trolleys full. I nearly bought one for fear if missing out. Never heard herself go on about soap and glory though so hopefully I haven't missed out
    I think there is a bit of herd mentality sometimes with these deals. People see loads of others buying and reckon it must be the bargain of the century. The Soap & Glory set going half price is a Christmas tradition at this stage and there are a lot of people who would have been waiting for it.

That said, I can't understand the people buying trollies full of it, what are they planning to do with it all?

I think there are a few nice products in S&G, the Clean on Me body wash, body butter and body scrubs are fantastic, but most of the rest I can take or leave. The products are normally on 3 for 2. I think I'd prefer to get the few nice bits and just forget about the big gift box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RachelM

On the S&G website, it says Boots and Harvey Nichols are stockists.

I'm heading to Dundrum shortly, I hope there are some left.

My Mum let it slip that my step-dad picked one up for me this morning, but I'm hoping to get one for my cousin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

brightkane wrote: »
    FYP

I hate when people do this... you added "In my opinion", who's bloody opinion did you think he was giving?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Got one in Baggot Street too, the girls in there are doing very well with their sales tactics. They either have a lot less stock than previous years or they're just trying to pull the wool over customers eyes that the stock is low and it'll be sold out by 3pm today. Previous years they've had huge stock available for days after launch day.

Perhaps it is a herd mentality in making me buy it today but I'm a pretty sensible shopper 99.9% of the time so I don't mind being a sheep today. It covered a kris kindle present where I couldn't think of what to buy for that person. One more gift off the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I picked one up in Merchants Quay, Cork. there was loads there at 3. I've none of the products in this set and will probably give some items away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Is soap and glory definitely a boots own brand? I'm sure sephora sell it, perhaps I'm mistaken.

Soap & Glory - the brand - was founded by the woman who is also responsible for Bliss - the American Spa chain, whose products are also sold here, (Debenhams & House of Fraiser do them) - it's NOT a Boots own brand so I'd say you have seen it in Sephora

Soap & Glory's the (relatively) cheap & cheerful one, Bliss products are more expensive.

Picked up a set in Nutgrove - had lots left when I was in there earlier :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Tbh I'd say they'll have more stock tomorrow anyway. I've bought multiples of it every year, this year it's a bit too expensive. Plus I never use the hand cream, foot cream, lipgloss or mascara. Ill be buying this instead http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory-Once-Upon-a-Lime-Gift-Set_1375503/ and the no7 one when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

There were LOADS left in The Pavillions Swords at 8pm. Didn't bother getting it am holding out for the No.7 one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

whats in the no7 set please... when is it on sale.... any idea how much please

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

My baby sister just picked up 2 in Tallaght (hers and my secret pressies) had hoped to get online and surprise her but we are just thrilled we got them, did I mention
    she's THRILLED!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The no.7 was on sale for £55 in boots in Newry yesterday. I'm not sure if it's the one that will be reduced here next week or not. There was a face mask, serum, day and night cream, eye cream and primer. I didn't get it as I'd already bought myself some clothes and tbh it didn't look that impressive. The sizes of all products seemed quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The no.7 was on sale for £55 in boots in Newry yesterday. I'm not sure if it's the one that will be reduced here next week or not. There was a face mask, serum, day and night cream, eye cream and primer. I didn't get it as I'd already bought myself some clothes and tbh it didn't look that impressive. The sizes of all products seemed quite small.

That's not the one that will be on offer. It is this one

Got two for pressies this morning in dundrum, they had piles of them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There were loads of then in Maynooth this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

just got a despatched email from boots :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.boots.com/en/Christmas/Christmas-offers-events/12-Days-of-Christmas/
    The irish page never works for me but they are usually the same:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Moonbeam wrote: »

Yep it is on irish site! €40!! But says online only :(

is that the no7 set everyone is waiting for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Looks like it.

I imagine it's online only because the Soap and Glory sold out online so they're putting it on offer early and will be on special in shops later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Does that mean it will be available in store on Wednesday like some on here were predicting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

ncmc wrote: »
    Does that mean it will be available in store on Wednesday like some on here were predicting?

also wil lit be the same price as online

if u buy 2 online u get 10euro off. 10euro off when u spent 80 on selected items

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Bought 2 of these (for me and my mam) plus a few other small bits. All the stuff will be used and it's one more present off the list. Total saving nearly €100. Delighted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

ncmc wrote: »

It'll probably depend on when/if the Soap and Glory sells out in the shops.
    inthehole1 wrote: »
    also wil lit be the same price as online

I think the star gift is normally the same price online as in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered it to collect from store on Friday. Delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

shivers27 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered it to collect from store on Friday. Delighted !

Sames as.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I've two of those 10% off vochuers I got from buying the soap and glory set, can both vochuers be used together against this in store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Thanks for the heads up, 2 sets ordered for collection on thurs
    My christmas presents from my husband - now i can stop worrying that he wont get them :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ordered for the wife abd collect Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

Millem wrote: »
    Yep it is on irish site! €40!! But says online only :(
    have one for collection friday
    Thanks a mill

Advertisement