Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots, Soap & Glory sets again this year?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do boots fo no 7 samples to try in case of allergy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

stupid boots website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

finally got through... switched to chrome with a second account and got through.
    Firefox and first account is still hanging... weird?? maybe just blind luck

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Got one S&G in the Shop for my wife.

Thanks deegs just did that now and it went though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Raindrops12

Site crashed just as I was about to pay.

Hope it sorts itself out soon.

Really want that set for my daughter.....

keep trying and refreshing the page

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

deegs wrote: »
    finally got through... switched to chrome with a second account and got through.
    Firefox and first account is still hanging... weird?? maybe just blind luck

Very same with me trying all morning on laptop with Firefox tried on iPhone then got 2 at second attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

I give up after 1 hour & many attempts to order it online . (Firefox , Chrome no luck)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Just picked up one on lower Bagot St.... Girl said they'd sold 46 in the first hour of trading & reckoned they would be sold out tonight.
    They have around 150 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 shellsbells10

Picked up one in Liffey valley Boots. They had loads in stock. But I reckon they will sell out quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Hoping that they wont be sold out by the time I get to my nearest Boots later today. I wasn't even planning on buying it but now I feel like I NEED another S&G set :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Loads of them left in Douglas Court Boots as of an hour ago. I got mine in Mahon Point around 5pm last year and they had absolute crates of them left so could be a good bet for anyone in Cork looking for one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got one of these last year for my wife ... judging by the half empty bottles still lying around the bathroom I won't make the same mistake twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

got one in baggot street also, they said flying out the doors

all these boots sets are all naff only decent one is no7 save your money for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

in my opinion all these boots sets are all naff only decent one is no7 save your money for that one

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

all these boots sets are all naff only decent one is no7 save your money for that one

Some are brilliant and some are not, it all depends what your looking for.

P.S i told you it was soap and glory this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

We have plenty left in Tallaght. Don't forget your Student Travelcard for a discount, Boots Advantage Card and coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

Got one in Jervis a couple of hours ago. Had them beside the door like last year. There was plenty there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

they seem to be sold out online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Plenty in Grafton St. btw

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Showing as sold out online alright... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Was in boots this morning and these half price sets at €38 were walking out the door. Seemed to me to be a follow the herd thing.

I looked at it and there seems to be 9 items inside, all of which with different packaging can be got for €1.49 each in a Dealz type store.

Is this really a true bargain? Am I missing something here? Should I be rushing out to get one for herself.

Soap and Glory is a boots own brand, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Was in boots this morning and these half price sets at €38 were walking out the door. Seemed to me to be a follow the herd thing.

I looked at it and there seems to be 9 items inside, all of which with different packaging can be got for €1.49 each in a Dealz type store.

Is this really a true bargain? Am I missing something here? Should I be rushing out to get one for herself.

Have never seen soap and glory in dealz for 1.49. Do you mean similar type item?

If you were to add up the price of each of the 9 items plus the bag it would come to a lot more than €38 so yes its a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

You could probably say that about any item of toiletries in relation to Dealz or Tesco or whatever but if their not the same brand or quality it's like comparing Apples to Oranges

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ooh, you’re brave saying that round these parts! Soap & Glory is a Boots own brand, but it’s very good stuff. I wouldn’t compare it to the stuff you get in Dealz. That’s like comparing Lancome moisturiser with one from Lidl, some will say it’s all the same stuff, others swear by the expensive brands. The Soap & Glory products tend to be around the €10 mark, so 9 items for €38 is good value. However, I have come to the conclusion that some of the S&G stuff is good, some things (like the foot cream, hand cream, lip gloss) aren’t any good and that’s why I won’t be getting the gift box this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

ncmc wrote: »
    Ooh, you’re brave saying that round these parts! Soap & Glory is a Boots own brand, but it’s very good stuff. I wouldn’t compare it to the stuff you get in Dealz. That’s like comparing Lancome moisturiser with one from Lidl, some will say it’s all the same stuff, others swear by the expensive brands. The Soap & Glory products tend to be around the €10 mark, so 9 items for €38 is good value. However, I have come to the conclusion that some of the S&G stuff is good, some things (like the foot cream, hand cream, lip gloss) aren’t any good and that’s why I won’t be getting the gift box this year.

Hah as a man I'm clueless when it comes to women's products. I'm also a cynic when it comes to creams in bottles!

I stood in boots today in a frenzy of madness with people picking these up two at a time whilst staff were replacing it with more trolleys full. I nearly bought one for fear if missing out. Never heard herself go on about soap and glory though so hopefully I haven't missed out

Is soap and glory definitely a boots own brand? I'm sure sephora sell it, perhaps I'm mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Is soap and glory definitely a boots own brand? I'm sure sephora sell it, perhaps I'm mistaken.
    I presume they just bought the rights to stop them selling in any other chemists. It's available on Amazon

Advertisement