Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Media Forecasts and Model Output (General Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

premiercad wrote: »
    LP just off the east Icelandic coast and lots of cloud from the other LP coming in over scotland and NI showers should ramp up as a result

image.ashx?ok=1&country=scan&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Just been watching it on the above link. Going to be very interesting watching what kind of track it takes.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Just been watching it on the above link. Going to be very interesting watching what kind of track it takes.

Opr

ya that loop really shows the vortex on the LP hitting iceland now, you can see the eye clearly...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Supercell wrote: »
    Sunday onwards we get NE winds..then its a matter of watching the steamers

Why? Do gay people fly south during bad weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Jumpy wrote: »
    This really made me LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

yr.no have been calling this "event" almost spot on up to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Showers here this morning have definately been growing in intensity and longevity. A very good sign if there are even stronger ones coming in the afternoon .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

TBH if the models show the mother of all snowstorms on the 12z and 18z i don't care i'm not listening there all over the place. ME and MT telling me it's gonna snow is good enough for me. It's sat24 ME radar and my lamppost from now on.

Limerick is STILL SUNNY.

*cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Don't you mean screamers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

still sunny in the royal county :cool:

• Advertisement

Nope.

Nope.

Steamers? Gay? Don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Spindle wrote: »
    I think it is time to bin the computer models and just use a good old fashioned bit of sticking the head out the window and seeing what is coming over the hill weather forecasting :)

agree, just bin all these charts, models, web pages, polar lows, greenland express's, and just put the fire on, sit back, and just keep glancing at the window for updates.

and a beer I hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

productcomponentserver?productId=2101&componentId=1&imageFile=F215_0600.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

inabina wrote: »

and a beer I hope :D

not just a beer but a case or 2 of the stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

He meant Streamers, i.e. showers that develop at sea and blow inland, as where steamers blow.... actually never mind that

compsys wrote: »
    Steamers? Gay? Don't get it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=steamer

Number 4.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

now snow so far and by the looks of things we wont get any snow till Sunday or Monday if we are lucky. Kinda hoping in one way we do not get anything because got lots of things to do next week before christmas. Snow for christmas Day and beyond would be much better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    now snow so far and by the looks of things we wont get any snow till Sunday or Monday if we are lucky. Kinda hoping in one way we do not get anything because got lots of things to do next week before christmas. Snow for christmas Day and beyond would be much better:)

You're such a liar and pessimist:D:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What a joke the past 96 hrs have been. Everything seems to have all but broken down. Can't rely on any charts beyond 6 hours.

Gotta wait out for 12Z later today to assess tonights situation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Is that low on www.sat24.com further west than forecast?

Not being from limerick I've never heard that expression before. Learn something new every day I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What a joke the past 96 hrs have been. Everything seems to have all but broken down. Can't rely on any charts beyond 6 hours.

Gotta wait out for 12Z later today to assess tonights situation

Whens the 12Z out, I guess Snowpocalypse looks like it's cancelled sob :o:mad::(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

You're such a liar and pessimist:D:pac:

I mean it this time, ive been well satisfied by all the snow we had recently, it's kept me happy for this winter. I just want to go out and drink next week for the run up to christmas rather than sit at home looking out at snow. But it would be nice to get the snow during christmas itself rather than the all important run-up to christmas:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FAX charts giving me confidence for run into Sunday
    PPVE89.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

FAX charts giving me confidence for run into Sunday
    PPVE89.png

Can you tell me what you're seeing when you look at this, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

ciaranm wrote: »
    Can you tell me what you're seeing when you look at this, please?

Some numbers, a few Big L's ... some countries... and a lot of nice curvy lines!....;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Some numbers, a few Big L's ... some countries... and a lot of nice curvy lines!....;):pac:

Thank god you're here to help :)

The snowfall for Sunday might move further north I think, meaning more widespread snowfall than forecasted. Wait and see how things eveolve over the next 24-48 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

roryc1 wrote: »
    Is that low on www.sat24.com further west than forecast?

It is further W/NW than modelled but not sure how that alters things overall.

Opr

Advertisement