Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Media Forecasts and Model Output (General Chat)

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

While 81/82 was bad in early January 82 I we got off lightly compared to Britain, I don't recall it lasting anything as long snow wise.

As for wishing more of this crap, please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Click to watch the latest bbc forecast
    The women said things are looking a bit hairy for the 26th, could be heavy snow and windy for Northern Ireland. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

it was either 82 or 87 when the forecasters predicted rain from an approaching Atlantic system and instead the system stalled and moved back west and gave all that snow, however there was more undercutting of the system while this system is heading in from a more westerly direction. as for the ukmo +144 chart it's very encouraging for the return of the easterlies yet again so that would leave us with only 4 days of average temps before the snow makes a return to the east, i guess though we could all use a break from this memorable cold spell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Evelyn Cusack just said on the news that when the warm front hits the cold air on St.Stephens day it will fall as freezing rain or snow in Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z ECM is closer to the UKMO than the GFS at 48 hours. Has the potential for the precip to fall as sleet/snow for a time in the east/north before turning to rain.

ECM0-48.GIF?24-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Just looking at the HIRLAM 850 temps(1500 metres above) and not bad at all for sunday evening. Higher ground could get a good pasting of snow before it turns messy.

t85052.png

And precipitation for said time.

sadu52.png

Advertisement