Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dacogawa wrote: »
    Got bored waiting for the snow, so here's what I think it will look like on Sunday in Dublin (The Day after Tomorrow) :)

picture.php?albumid=1482&pictureid=8171
    just remember there is still a chance of a downgrade,its still 48hours away,models are not to be trusted at the moment,fingers crossed we get what is forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

gally74 wrote: »
    konman you near corrofin?
    yeah just outside corofin on the main tuam athenry road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

delw wrote: »
    just remember there is still a chance of a downgrade,its still 48hours away,models are not to be trusted at the moment,fingers crossed we get what is forecast

I demand a pic of Clare too...:D..while Im waiting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

PROPER big flakes in Castlebar now.... tipping away steady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

PROPER big flakes in Castlebar now.... tipping away steady.

The Snow Gods are rewarding Castlebar because Beverly decided that she couldn't face the next election!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

A few pics - its just lovely and fluffy and soft and its ...just beautiful :)

4.5cm so far with light snow at the moment

IMG_1516-1.jpg

IMG_1519-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

That deep low NW of Norway is starting to look like quite a nice system.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

It looks like a perfect snow storm for Ireland...

That deep low NW of Norway is starting to look like quite a nice system.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Ok, I understand that one! Yay me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

The Snow Gods are rewarding Castlebar because Beverly decided that she couldn't face the next election!

A December that just keeps giving .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Can confirm the Snow has reached South East Kerry here at the Mouth of the Kenmare bay, about half a centimetre so far, but it is sticking, I knew something big was coming, I topped up the bird feeders today and had the guts of 30 bird fighting for food, they have a direct line to the weather gods I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

sillybird wrote: »
    A few pics - its just lovely and fluffy and soft and its ...just beautiful :)

4.5cm so far with light snow at the moment

Ah if only.....:rolleyes:

Stinicker wrote: »
    Can confirm the Snow has reached South East Kerry here at the Mouth of the Kenmare bay, about half a centimetre so far, but it is sticking, I knew something big was coming, I topped up the bird feeders today and had the guts of 30 bird fighting for food, they have a direct line to the weather gods I think.

Is it determined to pass me over?:( Thats it..Im movin to Sligo..or Belfast!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Same as myself had loads of birds in the garden this afternoon.

Timistry wrote: »
    Ah if only.....:rolleyes:

Know the feeling too well. Your day will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

:D Game on. Pity it just missed Kenmare by the looks of the radar.

Same as myself had loads of birds in the garden this afternoon.

Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

sillybird wrote: »
    I'm in Corofin :D
    are u in da village?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

I'm so bummed out thought i would see some snow ( I would even settle for grauple! :o) before I went to sleep :( just hope i wake up to some

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Moderate snow shower in Durrow, Co. Laois now.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

chucken1 wrote: »
    Is it determined to pass me over?:( Thats it..Im movin to Sligo..or Belfast!

we might have snow up here but feck all else! decided on the scotch by the way , oooh ya:D

• Advertisement

we might have snow up here but feck all else! decided on the scotch by the way , oooh ya:D

Well it was chilled!

konman wrote: »
    are u in da village?

No N17 side, not far from the Anbally Inn pub

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Is it going to snow heavy in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Is it going to snow heavy in Dublin?

Not tonight anyway, more hope for tomorrow.

So with regards to world domination...Clare,Limerick,Cork,Tipp and Waterford.. we're the only ones not gettin the snow.

Good mix of Munster there..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing much in Letterkenny for the past while, looking at Raintoday, we're surrounded by heavy snow on both sides yet everything keeps missing the town.

Close to 2 inches on the ground which is hugely disappointing because of all the graupel but hopefully there'll be another few by the time I get up tomorrow

Well it was chilled!

I let it come back to room temperature , now i'm chilled:D

nothing here for about an hour mabey its on its way to you!

I let it come back to room temperature , now i'm chilled:D

nothing here for about an hour mabey its on its way to you!

Skys really clear. Thats not good Id say?

Skys really clear. Thats not good Id say?

Sky clear here too between the showers , seems to be lots on your "flight path" so to speak it just depends on them not petering out en route. don't give up hope am sure you will get plastered (with snow :D) over the next day or so:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Good evening all from across the water,
    I'm here in Bangor, Wales just 20 miles from Holyhead. About an hour ago I was sitting down and I heard what I thought was rain. Just opened the door and have been greeted by 2 inches of the lovely white stuff! :D Of course we all knew it was coming but someone obviously didn't tell the council as the roads are ungritted. And the raintoday.co.uk website is suggesting that we are in for a lot more. I would be in a state of ecstasy if I didn't have to drive to the ferry tomorrow night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement