Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

how do you recharge enchanted items?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Soul Gems I think they are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

do you need to go to an enchantment station?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    do you need to go to an enchantment station?

No, on PS3 anyway highlight the item in your inventory and press R2. this gives you the option to charge it with the various full soul gems you also have in your inventory.

On PC and xbox when you highlight down the bottom of the screen it should tell you what button to press.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

calex71 wrote: »
    No thats exactly what I'm using the 100k for, skill trainers to boost towards level 50.

The only thing money can't buy and I want is daedre hearts, only found 1 of those on my travels and that got used in a quest.

Calex, some Alchemy vendors sell them as ingredients. But it's random, Iv only managed to buy about 4 Daedra hearts from the same vendor over a period of time but never managed to see them in another vendor. There's also a Daedra heart in the living quarters of the Companions compound. It's in one of the rooms laying on the table but you have to steal it.

Also if you do the Mehrunes Razor quest
    you get to fight two Daedra (in which you get the hearts from their corpses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Go into your weapons section and it will tell you what button to press on the bottom right corner, its th RB on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

calex71 wrote: »
    No thats exactly what I'm using the 100k for, skill trainers to boost towards level 50.

The only thing money can't buy and I want is daedre hearts, only found 1 of those on my travels and that got used in a quest.

I've picked up 5 so far, best places to find are dungeons with lots of necromancers, they usually have lots of ingredients laying around near alchemy and enchanting tables.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone tell me what are the ingredients to make health potions?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

elven light armor with a hood instead of a helmet looks cool, was dicking around with clothnig combinations last night. does this game have seasons? between Helgen and Riverrun was all snow when I first layed it now its like an autumn forest, all golden leaves, found an ice cave on a side quest last night, soooo pretty inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It's a great game but something happened to me last night which pissed me off a bit.

I joined the villagers in Morthal on their way to clearing out a Vampire's lair. Two of the villagers got cowardly and left myself and the villager whose wife I've slain (cos she was turned in to a vampire) behind to face the lair. My Mage mercenary was all the way back in Windfell because I instructed him to wait in the inn while I slept in an room there,
    waking up in the Abandoned Shack north of Morthal where I met the Dark Brotherhood assassin
    , so I couldn't use him. Because of this I instructed the villager to come with me rather than face the lair alone. When we fought our way to the head Vampire myself and the Villager were combo'd to death. I reloaded and the villager was slaughtered again so I decided to make an escape in order to fight another day when my level and ratings were better.

When I got back outside the lair I decided to fast-travel back to Morthal in order to pick up some potions before returning to Windfell. To my surprise there was the villager following me everywhere. I spoke to him and instructed him to wait but he's still following me. I left the town and went to a secluded spot so that I could kill him and be rid of him forever but he won't die. He only collapses and yields no matter how many times I hit him. Now I'm stuck with this feckin' geebag following me around everywhere. I'm tempted to just reload an old save game from before I got the mission from the Morthal jarl, thus losing about an hour's play time, all because of that glitched twat of a villager following me everywhere:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Have you tried killing him with the console?

or complete the mission with your companion too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'm playing it on the Xbox 360. Is there a way of inputting console commands on Skyrim with it? Forgive my ignorance in regards to the console:(

What I might do is one of two things.

1. I'll go back to Windhelm with gob****e villager in tow, pick up my Mage mercenary and head right back to the Vampire lair with a decent companion. The villager is far from decent because one: he's only armed with a ****ty axe and has no armor, and 2: you can't trade items with him.

2. If I still get owned I'll just cheat and drop the difficulty down to zero when facing the Head Vampire and his minions:o From what I gather the only way of getting rid Mr Glitch Villager is by completing the Vampire's lair.

Cheers for the suggestions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right.... i was in gamestop just to have a wee chat with lads as i havent been in since bf3 came out! ( yeah that good) i noticed that pc version of skyruim is 50eu!!!! WTF?!

is it just gamestop pricing for skyruim or bethesda took over from activision in loonatic pricing?

right.... i was in gamestop just to have a wee chat with lads as i havent been in since bf3 came out! ( yeah that good) i noticed that pc version of skyruim is 50eu!!!! WTF?!

is it just gamestop pricing for skyruim or bethesda took over from activision in loonatic pricing?

for PS3 its €55 in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

for PS3 its €55 in tesco.

well PC versions are ALWAYS cheaper then console ones.

40eu is standart for pc version 45eu if they feel cheeky. 50eu? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'm playing it on the Xbox 360. Is there a way of inputting console commands on Skyrim with it? Forgive my ignorance in regards to the console:(

What I might do is one of two things.

1. I'll go back to Windhelm with gob****e villager in tow, pick up my Mage mercenary and head right back to the Vampire lair with a decent companion. The villager is far from decent because one: he's only armed with a ****ty axe and has no armor, and 2: you can't trade items with him.

2. If I still get owned I'll just cheat and drop the difficulty down to zero when facing the Head Vampire and his minions:o From what I gather the only way of getting rid Mr Glitch Villager is by completing the Vampire's lair.

Cheers for the suggestions:)

No somewhat ironically the console has no console commands.

Yeah I think your problem is that forced mission companions are not the same as regular ones and are both invinicible, and can only be gotten rid of by completing the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

How much is this in Xtra-Vision on Ps3 does anybody know?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

it was only €40 for PC when I bought it :confused: makes me feel good for not waiting for a price drop :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just beat a draugr warlord at level 2, fml that took forever!

every time he hit me one of my stats levelled up LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

just beat a draugr warlord at level 2, fml that took forever!

every time he hit me one of my stats levelled up LOL

hahaha!! cant wait to start the game again with a different character! might go all catlike on bandits asses next time :D

well PC versions are ALWAYS cheaper then console ones.

40eu is standart for pc version 45eu if they feel cheeky. 50eu? :rolleyes:
    Its worth every penny though, unlike the usual 6 hour games your paying 40 for this is a good 150 hours maybe more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ive put 100 hours in and I have barely scouted the bottom third of the map, and in the other 2/3 i've found loads of stuff but I doubt I've even cleared half of them

I was gonna say 300 hours but I thought he might of thought i was exagerating :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I'm 30 hours in, level 28 and the only City i've been to is Whiterun! :o

Well and Winterhold but that's not really a City. Loving the college quest line so far, just about to start the last part
    Find the staff of Magnus in Labryinthian.

I stopped using a Companion last night, he was annoying me too much and i'm finding the game very easy as a pure mage build. Impact in the Destruction tree is overpowered, you can stun lock anything to death.

Wearing full Glass armour at the moment and I have to say it looks badass, need more iron to get to 100 smiting for Dragon though.

Think i'm gonna go do the Thieves guild followed by the Dark brotherhood quest lines next then finally make a decision on the Stormcloaks or Imperial. Hating them both equally so can't make a decision! :mad:

where does one acquire glass armour? is it worth it? if you make it yourself what materials do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

where does one acquire glass armour? is it worth it? if you make it yourself what materials do you need?

Hmmmm good question.. I havnt found anything that you could use to make glass armor with.. I haven't heard or seen anything bout a raw material needed for glass..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hypermuse wrote: »
    Hmmmm good question.. I havnt found anything that you could use to make glass armor with.. I haven't heard or seen anything bout a raw material needed for glass..

malachite ore/bars and something else make glass weapons and armour, the armour is light and the weapons are pretty good, especially the bow!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

glass sword has been my sword of choice ever since I got it, one handed anyway.. don't do 2 handed

Advertisement