Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

some people get a kick out of doing that to lower level players. No idea why as it just wastes everyones time.

i still reckon there should be a lockout on being able to join higher difficulty setting games. like bronze being accessible to all, silver at level 10, gold at 15, platinum at 20

And not to mention, it should bar lvl 16-20's from bronze - there's just no point.

noodler wrote: »
    Cool.

Its a difficult discussion to have when I've watched all the vids and someone else hasn't.

And then actually getting someone to give a crap enough to watch them is the other issue.

Again though the three things they added to the EC I didn't realise until last night. I had pretty much seen the extra scenes they'd put for the three main endings (the voiceovers) as proof that the IT was wrong.

I watched the rest of that first one last night and thought it got worse and worse as it went on.

Basically, I'd categorise everything that he claims is "proof" to be vague and circumstantial and everything that he puts in the "plausible" bracket to mostly be utter bollocks.

There's no way I could force myself to watch the 2nd.
    He approaches it from the point of view that the IT is correct and then tries to slot the evidence around it and that's not how you prove something. Alot of it smacks of your bog standard conspiracy theory craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    I watched the rest of that first one last night and thought it got worse and worse as it went on.

Basically, I'd categorise everything that he claims is "proof" to be vague and circumstantial and everything that he puts in the "plausible" bracket to mostly be utter bollocks.

There's no way I could force myself to watch the 2nd.
    He approaches it from the point of view that the IT is correct and then tries to slot the evidence around it and that's not how you prove something. Alot of it smacks of your bog standard conspiracy theory craic.

I can't agree with alot of that personally.

Obviously I don't agree with plenty of what he says but he goes through so many points that theres more than enough to find interesting.

If you don't watch the second video, maybe just check out the ending you get in ME2's arrival DLC if you let the timer runout and die that way. Theres a couple of really cool scenes that don't really relate to the IT but were really cool nonetheless. Probably the most interesting part of the 2nd vid from what I remember.

I can't agree with alot of that personally.

Obviously I don't agree with plenty of what he says but he goes through so many points that theres more than enough to find interesting.

If you don't watch the second video, maybe just check out the ending you get in ME2's arrival DLC if you let the timer runout and die that way. Theres a couple of really cool scenes that don't really relate to the IT but were really cool nonetheless. Probably the most interesting part of the 2nd vid from what I remember.

Actually I meant to link this yesterday:

Actually I meant to link this yesterday:

Cheers man, the very one.

Now the IT guy goes through each scene and describes them.

Nothing to do with the IT (don't think he said it did either) but really cool.

A reaper on the Citadel, Shephard's helmet on a pike etc.

• Advertisement

Sorry if this starts getting tedious but I have never had so much fun discussing a game's ending...but..

Is that goddamn Major Coates on the Citadel? (who is supposed to have retreated after the squad was wiped out!)

Sorry if this starts getting tedious but I have never had so much fun discussing a game's ending...but..

Is that goddamn Major Coates on the Citadel?

Dafuq?

That entire video is weird. I don't recall seeing a Keeper doing anything other than fondling the corpses in a way similar to how they use their computer terminals.
    Aside from that definitely looking like Coates it also makes me wonder why they would bother adding in the animation of removing his helmet.

Dafuq?

That entire video is weird. I don't recall seeing a Keeper doing anything other than fondling the corpses in a way similar to how they use their computer terminals.
    Aside from that definitely looking like Coates it also makes me wonder why they would bother adding in the animation of removing his helmet.

There are some stuff you can only see (very well) using PC software.

Some kind of programme that lets you travel around a room (EDIT google says 'Flycam').

The other instance was when one of the vids was showing those tree reflections in the 'decision room'.

Dafuq?

Actually, I'd like to draw a parallel with the video's you posted.

For me, this detail is peculiar and I think it suggests something is amiss. At this point, because it doesn't make much sense whatever way you look at it, saying it's evidence for the IT would be a bit baseless, but that's exactly what I felt the guy in the video was doing.

He'd take something odd, which could be explained in any number of ways, and then use it as evidence for the IT and I thought he was reaching for this on a few too many occasions.

Actually, I'd like to draw a parallel with the video's you posted.

For me, this detail is peculiar and I think it suggests something is amiss. At this point, because it doesn't make much sense whatever way you look at it, saying it's evidence for the IT would be a bit baseless, but that's exactly what I felt the guy in the video was doing.

He'd take something odd, which could be explained in any number of ways, and then use it as evidence for the IT and I thought he was reaching for this on a few too many occasions.

I didn't listen to the audio.

I don't know exactly how to interpret it, I mean does it mean that everything pre-beam is a dream (beacause Coates did make it and is dead) or does it mean that everything after is a dream (because Coates can't be dead if we heard him on the radio pre-beam).

I guess, I could take it to mean that its the Reapers (or Harbinger) in your head when you hear Coates on the radio.

As you say though (and I am not sure if this was added for the EC or was it in the Vanilla game) but its just another thing BW seemed to have added (along with Harbinger's "serve us" words at the beam, the Reaper sound in Shephard's head when Anderson first starts speaking to him on the radio) that add to the confusion.

• Advertisement

Operation a success.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-News-and-Announcements/Operation-Overwatch-SUCCESS-13430060-1.html

Re: Operation OVERWATCH
    Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME
    Distribution: N7 Forces Only
    Soldiers of the Milky Way –

By now you have probably heard that Operation OVERWATCH succeeded on many fronts. Frankly, I would not be surprised if this message goes unread until tomorrow due to excessive celebrating. You have struck the Reapers where they are strongest and lived to tell the tale. Credit goes to you, to those shuttle pilots who retrieved your teams, and to the many personnel who supported and planned the missions.

But I also want to speak to some of what you may be seeing in the media soon. Eventually, it will be public knowledge that we had operations on Earth, retrieving data and personnel necessary for the military and economic well-being of the galaxy.

This success will bring hope to billions of people. It will also enrage some of them. Be prepared for the tough questions – when are we starting our full-scale assault? Why retrieve this helium-3 magnate but not another one, or save my loved ones? Who are you to play God?

There are no good answers to these questions. The reality is, the Reapers have almost every conceivable advantage -- numbers, firepower, technology – and we make do with what we have. We strike and retreat because facing the foe head-on would be a disaster. Nowhere is this truer than at Earth.

We have started to give them a death by a thousand cuts. Take heart in this, celebrate, and relax tonight. Tomorrow morning, we will get down to business, because there’s nine hundred and ninety left to go.

--Admiral Hackett

We had 1.25 million extractions for the Allied goal and 133,000 extractions for the squad goal.

Reward packs will start to be sent out starting later today. All packs MUST be claimed within one week of being sent or they are no longer valid. We will be updating the countdown clock at the top of the page once the packs have been sent out to let you know they have been sent and how long you have to claim them.

Great work everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool. Maybe I'll get a proper assault rifle in one of those packs, I've been relying on a wimpy sub machine for around a week now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Been sick as a dog the last few days, slept all day and now am wired. The packs are up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I only got a victory pack but no commendation pack. Do they come at different times?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »
    I only got a victory pack but no commendation pack. Do they come at different times?

Same

Varik wrote: »
    Same

Same here aswell.

Did you just have to get an evac with one of the new N7 characters? I certainly got a few.

Rio is an absolutely awful map btw. It's really terrible. If I get it in random I just quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

got both of mine last night but friends were complaining that they only got one of the packs and not the other, which they had gotten the extraction with an N7 earth character. I think something like this happened before and the packs showed up late

Same here aswell.

Did you just have to get an evac with one of the new N7 characters? I certainly got a few.

Rio is an absolutely awful map btw. It's really terrible. If I get it in random I just quit.

I hate it too but part of the problem is teams insist on staying in the middle even for the vanilla horde phases. It obviously puts you at a disadvantage as theres no good cover from BOTH sides in the middle.

I just realised over the weekend that I only completed 5 of the 6 vanilla maps on gold so no trophy. Amazingly the missing one is Firebase Glacier (the cerb map). It was always one of the first I managed to complete on Silver but since trying to make a concerted attempt to clear it on Gold since Sunday I just keep running into crap teams and have failed about 4 or 5 time sin a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Got both packs but no new N7 character even though I have still to get two of them:mad: , I got N7 Demolisher character training instead :rolleyes:.

I got the N7 Hurricane in the other pack , so thats at three now .

Clover wrote: »
    Got both packs but no new N7 character even though I have still to get two of them:mad: , I got N7 Demolisher character training instead :rolleyes:.

If I have all classess maxed out for exp, then whats the point of packs giving you character training?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

If I have all classess maxed out for exp, then whats the point of packs giving you character training?

Character appearance options is about all it would be worth to you , the exp would be wasted.

Clover wrote: »
    Character appearance options is about all it would be worth to you , the exp would be wasted.

Really silly you can get things you already have after saving up 99000 gold with an average of 45 minutes gameplay.

Got a fury in victory pack, still no sign of the other pack.

This game drives me demented.

I got the striker assault rifle but if I try to equip it, the game crashes.:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got the striker assault rifle but if I try to equip it, the game crashes.:mad:

If you're on the pc, try and repair the Resurgance dlc in Origin. Apparently, some of the dlc can become corrupt and this can fix it.

I have been a loyal user of the Striker - have it up to V now.

Still though - it can be difficult to get the time for the exponential rate of fire to kick in.

I kind of think my obsession with the gun has kept me away from some of the others.

Kiith wrote: »
    If you're on the pc, try and repair the Resurgance dlc in Origin. Apparently, some of the dlc can become corrupt and this can fix it.

That appears to have worked. Sound.:)
    I have been a loyal user of the Striker - have it up to V now.

Still though - it can be difficult to get the time for the exponential rate of fire to kick in.

I kind of think my obsession with the gun has kept me away from some of the others.

Now that I've had a chance to use it i'm not sure if I like it. Recoils a bit hard to deal with. Suppose I could stick on the stabiliser mod.
    It's not much use at close range.

I was using it on my N7 slayer. I was getting a fair bit of joy with my piranha shotgun but sometimes i'd have to sit there and get shot at with a lack of long distance weapons. I don't tend to carry more than 1 weapon - I like not having cooldowns.

Don't have much in the way of assault rifles. They're all crap or only level 1 or 2.

A nice Mattock or Phaeston X or something would suit me down to the ground.

Got onto EA support and finally got a new eagle.

Valiant III

Crusader III

Eagle III.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Unlocked the Cerberus Harrier. Beast of a gun.

• Advertisement

I am thinking of just buying Vet packs for a while.

Sick of getting screwed over with PSPs.

Now that I've had a chance to use it i'm not sure if I like it. Recoils a bit hard to deal with. Suppose I could stick on the stabiliser mod.
    It's not much use at close range.

As I say I have it up to V now. Close range (really close range) is an issue alright.

It is great against armour imo. I take it upon myself to take down Brutes, Pyros and any Atlas (onmce sheilds gone). One you get the gun gong I find it can shred armour well.

I also love the fact it kind of has a stunning effect (maybe all ARs do?). It is also excellent for killing Phantoms if you can safely get a clip off on them you will likely stun them a little as well.

The splash damage is useful for anyone hiding in cover as well.

Advertisement