Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

noodler wrote: »
    Played a few hours there.

Got two successful gold extractions Vs Reapers so hoping the promotion was on.

Not sure which american time zone they use but it's Saturday morning here that they start.

Had a game with 3 adepts and an engineer, other than me no was was trying for biotic explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure which american time zone they use but it's Saturday morning here that they start.

Hmm...crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just got mine done, and promoted all my characters for N7 epeen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Got two extractions done today against Reapers on gold , happy with that :D.

Clover wrote: »
    Got two extractions done today against Reapers on gold , happy with that :D.

2 for me as well just to make sure, fist one was me waiting till the timer on the extraction got to 3 then reviving myself.

when your being chased by a few banshees i really wish space did not do 3 different things.

• Advertisement

Did the second one myself just to be sure , had a few close ones but we got wiped out on round 10 / 11 a few times :rolleyes:.

Going to farm some credits over the next few days and save it all up for when the new dlc pack comes out :pac:.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Extracted on Gold vs Reapers on my second attempt last night. I played with my brother both times but the first game was with two idiots who thought that meleeing Reapers was a great way to deal with things. Dead on wave 8.

The following atempt, we were able to get 2 other good players on mics...what a difference! As easy as an extraction on Silver. Attack ravagers first and banshees last, stay in a group, defend a position with multiple exits and simply fall back when things get too hairy.

The brother had 40 full evacuations over the weekend!!! Unfortunately, there isn't a hope of the 400,000 squad extractions being met.

They only have to be partial extractions, no?

EDIT: Just checked and you are right. Darn, would have my doubts as well.

FutureGuy wrote: »

The brother had 40 full evacuations over the weekend!!! Unfortunately, there isn't a hope of the 400,000 squad extractions being met.

i'd say there is, the squad goal can be done on any difficulty, the personal one is on gold only. It has a good chance imo.

i'd say there is, the squad goal can be done on any difficulty, the personal one is on gold only. It has a good chance imo.

I don't play Gold vs reapers much so worked up to 20 on it and then a few silvers, not sure how many games i got in but i think the 400k can be done.

Still only have the base medigel.

• Advertisement

yeah, i think the results will be either late tonight or tomorrow with the new patch for multiplayer

New mp is apparently up on XBL!

New mp is apparently up on XBL!

Yes they are up on XBL, have them downloaded and had a quick game on each new map.

Got them on origin just there.

just seen it there now myself :)

Ok so if you didn't know, we failed the operation at the weekend. I don't blame the community at all, I blame Bioware for giving people a very vague mission outline (no definition of extraction) and apparently ending the operation early.

Anyways, was able to purchase a few premium spectre packs and got the new N7 Slayer (vanguard)...oh the funs!!!

(Adept) N7 Fury: Throw, Annihilation Field, Dark Channel

(Soldier) N7 Destroyer: Multi-Frag Grenade, Missile Launcher, Devastator Mode, T5-V battlesuit?

(Engineer) N7 Demolisher: Homing Grenade, Arc Grenade, Supply Pylon

(Sentinel) N7 Paladin: Snap Freeze, Incinerate, Energy Drain

(Infiltrator) N7 Shadow: Tactical Cloak, Shadow Strike, Electric Slash

(Vanguard) N7 Slayer: Phase Disruptor, Biotic Charge, Biotic Slash, has a guddam sword *is Kai Leng I'm assuming*

Fury: "Fury operatives use implants to fuel biotics and their incredible
    movement speed. These operatives wind an unpredictable path on the
    battlefield, moving in and out of combat before returning to unleash a
    sweeping biotic attack on their unsuspecting targets."

Destroyer: "The Destroyer's T5-V Battlesuit gives these strong-but-slow
    soldiers mech-like protection. Driven by eezo-assisted actuators, these
    frontline troopers carry heavy weapons onto the battlefield."

Demolisher: "The Demolisher uses grenades to attack at range and to
    terrorize the battlefield. Demolishers can also create a supply pylon
    that stocks allies with an unending reserve of grenades and thermal
    reloads."

Paladin: "The Paladin carries a powerful omni-shield onto the
    battlefield to block enemy fire. The Paladin also uses the shield as a
    heavy-melee weapon that, when modified with incindiery or cryo upgrades,
    creates a devastating combination attack."

Shadow: "Shadow infiltrators use implants to dramatically improve
    agility, making them slippery combatants on the battlefield. Their
    monomolecular blades are a menace from cover and close range."

Slayer: "Slayers use implants to dramatically improve mobility. Their
    dizzying sword attacks can hit multiple opponents, and the Slayer's
    ability to slip fire makes them hard to pin down on the battielfield."

Also, I get a VERY Avengers-like feel from these characters. My bro got the engineer and said you are basically IronMan!

Aw, so we only get one pack for the Gold extraction then?

Thats poor. I played the MP alot over the weekend for the first time in yonks.

Looking forward to some new classes - nothing I currently have really thrills me.

Only have cash saved up for two premium spectre packs though so need to hope I get something in them.

noodler wrote: »
    Aw, so we only get one pack for the Gold extraction then?

Thats poor. I played the MP alot over the weekend for the first time in yonks.

Looking forward to some new classes - nothing I currently have really thrills me.

Only have cash saved up for two premium spectre packs though so need to hope I get something in them.

My brother got 3 of the new N7 characters in 4 premium spectre packs!

My brother got 3 of the new N7 characters in 4 premium spectre packs!

I like those odds.

Should say that theres still a number of classes from other expansions I have yet to unlock though so weakens my odds a little.

OT: I wish Geth Hunter mode didn't have that horrible screen effect - it makes you go blind after 20 minutes of play. Shame because I was loving my Geth Eng at the weekend.

Also love the Turian soldier (marks man and the delay effect of prox mine rock).

I got the N7 Destroyer last night, played the new maps on bronze with it, it's slow but feels really powerful, the auto-missiles are great, extra clipsize and multigrenades are brilliant. Havent got the others yet, but those new maps are lethal, very open.

Anyone tried platinum yet?

• Advertisement

Arc Pistol X

That is all. :D

Well I just downloaded and installed this on the PS3 and bought 14 psp's and got the Acolyte twice and the assault rifle omni blade, no new characters and not other new weapons :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Question about Mass Effect 2, hopefully get an answer here.

I'm playing through 2 and 3 again since I downloaded the extended cut, I'm about 90% of the way through ME2 (2 loyalty missions left and then I do the mission for the IFF). But I'm wondering could I download the Arrival DLC now and would it be in my playthrough?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Question about Mass Effect 2, hopefully get an answer here.

I'm playing through 2 and 3 again since I downloaded the extended cut, I'm about 90% of the way through ME2 (2 loyalty missions left and then I do the mission for the IFF). But I'm wondering could I download the Arrival DLC now and would it be in my playthrough?

You sure can.

I had finished ME2 before I downloaded the arrival.

When you finish the game your new game save is bascially back on the Normandy before the final mission (the point of no retuiurn which I am sure you already know about).

Arrival for me, made more sense to someone who had finished ME2.

I apparently have an official "cheating" warning on my origin account.

I got the following mail tonight,
    Hello,
    Your Origin account was flagged as a potential cheater. During our investigation we have evidence verifying this claim. BioWare’s cheating policy can be found here:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/12467716

At this time we are going to issue you your first and final warning. If you are caught further exploiting multiplayer your account will be reprimanded according to the previously mentioned policy. If you have any questions you can contact ME3AccountAdmin@BioWare.com.

Regards,

Thomas Abram

I honestly havent used any of the exploits mentioned or otherwise cheated in any way in SP or MP. I've mailed them back to appeal it. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten this type of message, it's a legitimate mail. Reading on the bioware forums, some people have been accused of cheating after using the N7 Destroyer, one of the new MP classes of soldier because it has a devastator mode which increases rate of fire and magazine size by quite a bit, making it a great class. Other than using that class which i had gotten entirely legitimately through the premium spectre packs i havent done anything to warrant my account being flagged.

Bit miffed at that tbh.

I apparently have an official "cheating" warning on my origin account.

I got the following mail tonight,

I honestly havent used any of the exploits mentioned or otherwise cheated in any way in SP or MP. I've mailed them back to appeal it. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten this type of message, it's a legitimate mail. Reading on the bioware forums, some people have been accused of cheating after using the N7 Destroyer, one of the new MP classes of soldier because it has a devastator mode which increases rate of fire and magazine size by quite a bit, making it a great class. Other than using that class which i had gotten entirely legitimately through the premium spectre packs i havent done anything to warrant my account being flagged.

Bit miffed at that tbh.

What are the exploits?

I have obviously seen the Rocket Launcher spamming (dunno how they do it and don't want to know). I got no email but I have participated in two games where someone was doing this but stayed anyway to get the gold.

Last night, there was somebody who could cloak and use multiple powers without revealing themselves - although this could just be my misunderstanding.

That new ShadowStrike ability looks ridiculous. Was playing as a Turian sentinel (absolutely crap - I thought I remembered that class being good!!) and we kept dieing and the guy with one of the new classes kept going invisable, appearing behind enemies one by one via teleportation or whatever and then one-hittng them with the sword.

I got no new classes last night (bar the Krogan Battlemaster) but I did get Hurricane IV, a Particle Rife and Arc Pistol II (don't like).

Tried Rio which I hated and then Vancouver which I tohugh was good.

the missile thing, i've also seen people do and have no idea how it's done either, i would presume it's messing around with the ini files. I've even called it out on voice, how are you doing that? surely you only have 5 missiles? no response of course lol

That's the most common one, but apparently you can get a warning/banned just by being in a group with a person who is exploiting too.

There are mentions of others on the bioware forums, N7rank exploit, credit exploits, infinite missiles etc..

I havent used any exploit at all, the only thing i can think of is myself being a in a group with a guy who was, and my friendslist has a small group of people who are my own friends and a handful of people from boards. None of which i have played MP with recently either. I havent gotten a response back from bioware either. Bit harsh to punish people by association merely because you happen to get into a public game with someone who was cheating.

the missile thing, i've also seen people do and have no idea how it's done either, i would presume it's messing around with the ini files. I've even called it out on voice, how are you doing that? surely you only have 5 missiles? no response of course lol

That's the most common one, but apparently you can get a warning/banned just by being in a group with a person who is exploiting too.

There are mentions of others on the bioware forums, N7rank exploit, credit exploits, infinite missiles etc..

I havent used any exploit at all, the only thing i can think of is myself being a in a group with a guy who was, and my friendslist has a small group of people who are my own friends and a handful of people from boards. None of which i have played MP with recently either. I havent gotten a response back from bioware either. Bit harsh to punish people by association merely because you happen to get into a public game with someone who was cheating.

get onto twitter and talk to one of their community managers.

Got my new N7 Valiant III

So that Crusader III, Eagle II, and Valiant III.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Got my new N7 Valiant III

So that Crusader III, Eagle II, and Valiant III.

I need to google the best weapons.

I only seem to use two of these three:

1) Striker IV
    2) Geth Plasma Shotgun II
    3) Hurricane IV

Advertisement