Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just did the squad goal once , almost had it done a second time but one of the squad moved out of the zone at the last second.

I'm not going to bother trying for the allied goal after last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Lack of "sniper" units, such as Nemesis' and Ravagers. Rocket Troopers could count but their shots arent as intense DPS-wise compared to the other two factions. Also, they all move pretty slow, Reapers have Husks to cover ground quick, and then the Brutes charge and Banshees teleport can close a gap fast, while Cerberus have the Phantoms who zip around and their base troops move quite fast.

Get some decent bottlenecks and geth just stroll through it, even Hunters are a cinch if picked out from a half decent range.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah on FBW, the other races have classes like Brute and especially Banshee who won't just stand on the otherside of the counter that people hide behind in FBW like the Primes will. The Banshees will transport through it and the Brutes will Flank.

Same with Banshees and Phantoms (also Guardians can't be 'Grabbed' with their shields still in tact).

Its only on that level imo.

I don't think Geth are much easier usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah on FBW, the other races have classes like Brute and especially Banshee who won't just stand on the otherside of the counter that people hide behind in FBW like the Primes will. The Banshees will transport through it and the Brutes will Flank.

Same with Banshees and Phantoms (also Guardians can't be 'Grabbed' with their shields still in tact).

Its only on that level imo.

I don't think Geth are much easier usually.

Maybe they need a melee unit? The hunter is close to it but that's the only option.
    Or failing that bring back the "Hopper" guys from ME1. :D
    They were awesome.

They've got 5 units.
    Cerberus have 7 and Reapers have 6. Would seem to be a gap they could fill there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Operation Olympus was a success! yey!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/08/14/operation-olympus-success/

anyone that participated got something something extra, read the last line :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The commendation pack was normal, got a valiant iv.

Victory pack had Shock Trooper Upgrade, if that was meant to be it.

hmm, just got mine now too, and nothing out of the ordinary, though i did get a valiant II. Could be just the ultra rare chance was upped or something.

Is the eagle any good? I seldom use pistols and I've got a Carnifex 5 and a Paladin too so I can't see it usurping them.

i think the eagle is full auto, the carnifex and the paladin are powerhouses.

Paladin is a beast of a gun, headshots most enemies in 1.

Didnt notice anything extra in my packs, got an N7 Crusader (yay :( ) but also had a level 3 movement boost, maybe those got added. Got a lvl 1 Barrage pack in the other though, +10% weapon stability and +5% ammo :D

• Advertisement

Shocked it was a success but also quite happy I did some SIlver and Gold on Sun and Mon despite the relatively low chance of success.

Hoping for a Striker VI, Geth Plasma Shotgun III or Carnifex III!

Toying with the idea of buying Mass Effect 1 for my laptop (PS3 owner so never played it).

Is it better to make a Steam account and buy it from them or to buy straight from EA? Same price either way.

I also have serious doubts that whatever graphics card came with my laptop will be able to play it but I will check that definitively hen I get home.

Toying with the idea of buying Mass Effect 1 for my laptop (PS3 owner so never played it).

Is it better to make a Steam account and buy it from them or to buy straight from EA? Same price either way.

I also have serious doubts that whatever graphics card came with my laptop will be able to play it but I will check that definitively hen I get home.

Whichever one suits you. But, if you buy it on steam and have origin too, the copy you bought on steam will show up on origin too, so you can use either platform to launch the game. They both have cloud support so the choice is yours. Personally i prefer steam over origin, but mostly because i have had steam for years, origin is decent enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Id recommend getting it, it should be very cheap on steam now. I did the same as yourself played 2 on ps3 and then went back and played 1 on my laptop. I found the gameplay a bit of a shock after playing two first but its worth playing to see the full story. Dont think the requirements are to high for it, its a fairly old game at this stage.

Id recommend getting it, it should be very cheap on steam now. I did the same as yourself played 2 on ps3 and then went back and played 1 on my laptop. I found the gameplay a bit of a shock after playing two first but its worth playing to see the full story. Dont think the requirements are to high for it, its a fairly old game at this stage.

Cheers for the replies.

Tis 15e on both sites.

My Laptop is from late 2009 and really is fairly run of the mill. I'll check the stats later and garner opinions then.

What does this mean?

Adaptor:

Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I think thats my "graphics card"! Don't think its any use for anything

EDIT: Graphics Chip actually. Ah well..

Jaysus... got the Particle Rifle there and was thinking "this'll be great!".

It's awful.

Maybe by the time it gets to level 10 it's good, but then, so is any weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I buy Spectre packs and Premium Spectre packs and I only ever seem to get upgrades to shotguns and sniper rifles, the two types of gun I rarely, if ever use.

Upgrade my Hurricane and Revenant, for God sake!

i still only have a rank 1 hurricane, the revenent you'll get that a lot quicker but it's outmatched by the typhoon. if you manage to get a rank1 typhoon it's as good as the rev X.

But man, that revenent sounds great when it's firing :)

I have a Rank 4 Hurricane.

Its in my top 3 weapons with the Striker V and Get Plasma Shotgun II.

Although I got a Cerberus Harrier I on Monday so looking forward to trying that out.

• Advertisement

The Harrier is great! deadly accurate and powerful too :)

The Harrier is great! deadly accurate and powerful too :)

Tiny ammo capacity though, really have to know a map well and all the ammo dumps. Or just camp like a coward, like I spend 99% of my time in ME3 :D

same here, camping is great with the N7 demolisher engineer, but i tend to use the scorpion IV with that one. The harrier's small ammo capacity isnt as small on an N7 destroyer, but it does get spent just as easily:)

Does the typhoon's attack speed increase the longer you shoot?

I've got a few weapons, the striker, the particle rifle but I just keep going back to the Harrier with my Destroyer.

Ludicrous firing speed, reasonable clip size, deadly accurate at any range in or out of cover, lots of damage.

I've also started using the plasma shotgun ahead of the piranha. It just mangles primes and other hard targets with the extra firing speed and the bonus ammo is nice too. The piranha's recoil gets annoying with the extra firing speed.

the typhoon starts off with a 3shot burst, then ramps up to full speed.
    have you tried the claymore on an infiltrator? i think it's the most powerful gun in the game. 1shot reloads though :/

the typhoon starts off with a 3shot burst, then ramps up to full speed.
    have you tried the claymore on an infiltrator? i think it's the most powerful gun in the game. 1shot reloads though :/

Just got the Claymore 3 a while ago so I might have a bash off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This weekend's operation...
    Operation ALLOY (August 24th 11AM MDT – August 26th 5AM MDT)

A training center will only take a recruit so far. Our recruits need field experience, so it’s time to integrate them with seasoned squads during our next series of sweeps.

Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All players awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and an increase to medi-gel capacity

Meh, not big on promoting.

J. Marston wrote: »
    This weekend's operation...

Meh, not big on promoting.

Joy of joys - I've 2 characters on 19 who I don't really like using anymore.

Regarding weapon power,

I was taught at the weekend of the following:

Geth Engineer with Prox Mine specced for additional damage by any attacks on an enemy after they detonate the mine also whilst you are cloked.

So...

Use the Crusader Shotgun:

- Fire a Prox Mine
    - Cloak
    - Shoot with with Crusader (from hip)

The damage does multiples of what it should due to the damage bonuses on Cloak and Prox.

• Advertisement

heard about that one, and seen some youtube videos of a guy soloing reapers gold firebase london - literally prox mine and 1 shotting brutes and banshees lol epic!

Advertisement