Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys,
    From what I hear, if you see someone rocket glitching, you should exit the game immediately. I would recoomed you report the guilty party via the xboxlive system and perhaps let the community managers of Bioware know the name of the player along with the date and time of the occurance.

If you remain in the game, you might receive a warning as you will be profiting from the actions of the person cheating.

TBH, I have been playing ME3 mp alot since release and this is the first I have heard of rocket glitching. Up until a few minutes ago, I also thought it only affected the PC version but apparently it is present in all builds of the game.

FG

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys,
    From what I hear, if you see someone rocket glitching, you should exit the game immediately. I would recoomed you report the guilty party via the xboxlive system and perhaps let the community managers of Bioware know the name of the player along with the date and time of the occurance.

If you remain in the game, you might receive a warning as you will be profiting from the actions of the person cheating.

TBH, I have been playing ME3 mp alot since release and this is the first I have heard of rocket glitching. Up until a few minutes ago, I also thought it only affected the PC version but apparently it is present in all builds of the game.

FG

Yup - I am PS3 and have seen it twice and have profited from it once.

Bit retarded by Bioware - just ban the bloody account in question. How on earth do they decide who is complicit, who doesn't realise and who just joined a game in its later waves?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It seems that's why i got a warning. I was in a group with a guy who was abusing the missile glitch.
    Well.. feck that for a game of soldiers, no more ME3 multiplayer for me.. was enjoying the new classes too.
    Talk about swatting flies with sledgehammers, ffs :/

It seems that's why i got a warning. I was in a group with a guy who was abusing the missile glitch.
    Well.. feck that for a game of soldiers, no more ME3 multiplayer for me.. was enjoying the new classes too.
    Talk about swatting flies with sledgehammers, ffs :/

Did you finish the game with him?

I would explain the circumstances and try to get it rescinded. I would also be very clear that you are considering leaving the community.

To be honest, I rarely visit the bioware forums so I didn't even know missile glitching is possible. Now I have never seen anyone doing it thus far, but if I did see someone firing loads of cobras, I might finish the game thinking that this was some newfangled power on a character I do not play as. Some of the st!t I have seen the new N7 characters do over the last 2 games would look like cheating to me had I not known better.

Also, I am not going to keep track of who is firing what in a game. What happens if a player only glitches in the final wave and shoots 11 cobras. I certainly wont be keeping track of whats going on in the middle of the extraction and I am certainly not going to consider quitting a game because I think someone might have fired 7 rockets instead of 5 during the final round.

They need to fix the glitch, ban the abusers but be very careful about banning people just because they were in the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering not playing the mp any more is not likely to do anything, 360 users saying that they'll buy PS3 if their account is not unbanned comes up a lot on MS site and leads to nothing.

And it's more than likely that you're not one of the people using real money to buy packs so why would they care if you leave. If the games is broken to the degree it would drive off paying mp users then they'd have a patch out in no time.

Does anyone remember the hack for MW2 ( might not be 2) that you're console could catch when playing with a host that had it and spread when you became the host.

• Advertisement

Also, I am not going to keep track of who is firing what in a game. What happens if a player only glitches in the final wave and shoots 11 cobras. I certainly wont be keeping track of whats going on in the middle of the extraction and I am certainly not going to consider quitting a game because I think someone might have fired 7 rockets instead of 5 during the final round.

They need to fix the glitch, ban the abusers but be very careful about banning people just because they were in the same game.

As I said it has happened to me twice but it was painfully obvious and immensely frustrating because you are simply a passenger in the whole thing when it happens as everything you try and kill gets one-hited before you can get a stream of shots off.

It is very noticeable though, you hear the sound every 5 seconds and the kill list on the screen had "User X kill Baddy Y with the Cobras" but there will be three or four of those messages on at a time.

Did you finish the game with him?

I would explain the circumstances and try to get it rescinded. I would also be very clear that you are considering leaving the community.

To be honest, I rarely visit the bioware forums so I didn't even know missile glitching is possible. Now I have never seen anyone doing it thus far, but if I did see someone firing loads of cobras, I might finish the game thinking that this was some newfangled power on a character I do not play as. Some of the st!t I have seen the new N7 characters do over the last 2 games would look like cheating to me had I not known better.

I took your advice earlier and tweeted one of the CM's, i've also mailed the appropriate address to appeal my warning, and posted on the bioware forums. I've yet to hear anything back from any of the three.

I totally agree with you too, if someone is glitching they and they alone should be given the appropriate warning/ban.
    I'm just not going to play me3mp regardless of the outcome now, i'd rather not have any other warnings associated with that origin account, be they benign or mistaken identity or as i presume it is, a dramatic overreaction by bioware group banning people in public games when one person is "cheating" or abusing a glitch that should have been fixed by bioware in the last 4 or 5 DLC patches.

I also didnt know the guy i was grouped was actually cheating for certain until i read the bioware forums last night. I wasnt counting his cobra's until he used more than 5 on the last wave. Put it down to the cap increase they were supposed to implement with medigel for one of the bonus weekends, and thought they did it with cobras or something he picked up from a spectre pack.

Yeah, it's good to see bioware being proactive on cheating but it's ridiculous to lash out the warnings to people who had just been a part of the public game that some twit was cheating in.

noodler wrote: »
    As I said it has happened to me twice but it was painfully obvious and immensely frustrating because you are simply a passenger in the whole thing when it happens as everything you try and kill gets one-hited before you can get a stream of shots off.

It is very noticeable though, you hear the sound every 5 seconds and the kill list on the screen had "User X kill Baddy Y with the Cobras" but there will be three or four of those messages on at a time.

I understand it would be noticable if someone was doing it all game, but if someone used it in the final minute of wave 11, there is no way you could quit out as you can't be entirely sure of how many were used and how many the player had in stock coming into the final round.

Anyhow, unlocked a N7 Demolisher after my final game.

Demolisher: "The Demolisher uses grenades to attack at range and to
    terrorize the battlefield. Demolishers can also create a supply pylon
    that stocks allies with an unending reserve of grenades and thermal
    reloads."

He fires grenades and rockets from his hands. My brother has his in red and yellow gear. Mine is going to be silver and black. Wave 11, all loaded up to the gills with max clips, max rockets, max grenades and max cobras...

ironman2-warmachine-poster.jpg

3oip93.jpg

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Random question about ME2 ending:

When Harbinge says "you have failed - we will find another way!........Releasing Control"

Is he talking to the Collector General? I always thought he was talking to the Humans (I dunno - via radio maybe) and meant you have failed in a you have only delayed the enevitable kind of way.

Just watched a youtube vid that suggests its the Collector General.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

noodler wrote: »
    Random question about ME2 ending:

When Harbinge says "you have failed - we will find another way!........Releasing Control"

Is he talking to the Collector General? I always thought he was talking to the Humans (I dunno - via radio maybe) and meant you have failed in a you have only delayed the enevitable kind of way.

Just watched a youtube vid that suggests its the Collector General.
    I think he's talking to the general. The Reapers were controlling The Collectors. So when he says ''releasing control'' the Collector general is freed from Harbingers mind control, his eyes stop glowing and seems a bit confused for a few seconds before he is killed.

• Advertisement

N7 Demolisher is pretty rediculous in fairness. Incredibly powerful, especially if you can set up your base beside an ammo crate.

You can easily have 9 homing missiles or arc grenades. Both the weapons share the same ammo so you you don't have 9 of each. However, it's really clear that, given the choice, that Arc grenades are pretty poor compared to the devestation of the homing missiles. Also, your ammo refill cards (press left on d-pad) restocks your ammo inclusing these missiles.

So am respeccing tonight to completely remove arc grenades and boost all other skills to six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Saw the missile glitch for the first time yesterday when my Son was playing (PS3) and I told him to leave straight away , glad I did now after reading this.

On a good note I managed to get the N7 Fury in my 16th psp :D and played a few gold games with her, great character. also got the N7 Typhoon and finished my first Platinum game.

finally got a mail back from bioware about my warning, and they cant tell me why i got a warning lol
    Hello,

Due to the nature of our investigation, we cannot reveal the exact details of our find(s). Your account has received a warning and that is the only action we will be taking at this time.

Regards,
    <name removed>

Anyone know why they cant tell me the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

finally got a mail back from bioware about my warning, and they cant tell me why i got a warning lol

Anyone know why they cant tell me the details?

It's the same for the account bans on console.

People who may be trying to use them or discover them can find out how they were caught and continue while now avoiding that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Pretty sure under some data protection act you're entitled to know all the information any company holds about you. You may have to apply in writing for it though.

Not sure how it works with the borders involved but it's an EU-thing afaik.

Varik wrote: »
    It's the same for the account bans on console.

People who may be trying to use them or discover them can find out how they were caught and continue while now avoiding that.

double edged blade that one

Pretty sure under some data protection act you're entitled to know all the information any company holds about you. You may have to apply in writing for it though.

Not sure how it works with the borders involved but it's an EU-thing afaik.

yeah i've asked under the freedom of information act to release whatever details they have on my warning but i dont think it would even apply to a company based in the U.S, also pretty sure they would ask for it in writing and stick a fee onto it aswell. gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

yeah i've asked under the freedom of information act to release whatever details they have on my warning but i dont think it would even apply to a company based in the U.S, also pretty sure they would ask for it in writing and stick a fee onto it aswell. gits.

If you are referring to the Irish FOI act, you're barking up the wrong tree completely - that's for a selection of Govt bodies, and if I was working for a private company and received such a request I would happily laugh while sending a refusal: http://foi.gov.ie/bodies-covered-by-foi/

Data Protection might have some more relevance (I honestly don't know), but under what you suggested they have no obligation to release information

yeah i didnt think so either, was just chancing my arm. I'd still like to know the details though

Booted from a Silver today in the lobby after we had just won the game.

They let me play the first game when I was level 8, we managed to get through it although I had to use three rockets in the evacuation phase in order to save people who kept dieing (and ensure the full extraction).

So when we won that, and returned to the lobby, I was kicked (that win got me from level 8 to level 13).

I am starting to think they kicked me because they thought I was cheating for using three rockets in a row in the last round.

(Germans).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I figured with all the free DLC and stuff available I'd have a bash off this again.

One thing. Have they ironed out some of the bugs from MP?

Do Vanguards still break the game?

still loads of glitches, and even ones that can get you warned/banned. Vanguards are still quality, though they have their equals now with some of the newer ones. afaik the vanguard charge bug is still there

still loads of glitches, and even ones that can get you warned/banned.

You mean the rocket ones?

Come to think of it I've still got a renegade femshep 75% through ME2.

Might finish that first.

there's a few more, but yeah the rocket ones are still there.

actually, i didnt even know about most of them until i read the bioware forums.

Wait... you didnt
    kill Mordin
    did ye?

there's a few more, but yeah the rocket ones are still there.

actually, i didnt even know about most of them until i read the bioware forums.

Wait... you didnt
    kill Mordin
    did ye?

Me? Not yet. Don't see how I could.

Was a bit disappointed they changed the voice actor. Killed a bit of the attachment I had with him.

I like being renegade with a bit of nuance. It's more of a 60% renegade character.

In the little tips they show in ME2 it describes "renegade" as being the ultimate "badass" - when in fact you're Satan incarnate if you always pick the renegade option.
    Harsh but fair isn't really an option in the game. It's either pansy or super-nazi or a schizoid mix of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I finished ME3 last night for the first time. I know there was a lot of furore over the endings, but thought that had been fixed with the latest DLC? It wasn't clear what any of the endings meant, or even which path to take to make that choice. And then in the ending itself seemed the same for every option apart from the colour "fire"?

Edit: Does the Extended Cut download automatically, or was I maybe playing on the old ending?

mcgovern wrote: »
    Edit: Does the Extended Cut download automatically, or was I maybe playing on the old ending?

You need to download that yourself, dont worry though, once it's installed you can just replay your last save and it goes from there, it's a lot more detailed and worth the time spent to download it :)

You need to download that yourself, dont worry though, once it's installed you can just replay your last save and it goes from there, it's a lot more detailed and worth the time spent to download it :)

Saw this when I was reading up on the cheating in MP:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/29/its-all-too-much-why-mass-effect-3s-extended-cut-ending-cant/

It's a good read.

It seems that the rocket glitches and all that don't happen on PC? That's what I'm playing on so no worries in MP for me (mass of bugs notwithstanding).

I'm playing it on the pc aswell, that's even more bizzarre, ..the hell did i get a "cheating" warning for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Not sure if I could sit through another 20 mins of the same cutscenes with the Illusive man to be honest!

Advertisement