Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From the link posted earlier...
    "Last week we held an event for our publishers in the industry and explained the challenges we are facing in the short term - and we asked for their support.

"We asked them to trade with us using manageable credit terms, and for them to continue to do that whilst we work through the strategic review and refinancing of our business.

"We committed to only stocking products on which we could get the right credit terms, regardless of the title or the supplier. We will not stock products if the terms are not right for our business - a position we believe is critical to our long term health as a business - we have taken the very difficult decision to not stock EA's March releases, including Mass Effect 3.
    Doesn't sound like GAME had much of a choice really, especially given their current financial situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Estelindis wrote: »
    My collector's edition pre-order with Gamestation was just cancelled. Have re-ordered with Amazon (who I would have chosen in the first place if I had the choice, but Game had an exclusivity deal). Hopefully there won't be any more problems!
    Got a link to it on Amazon? I cant find it.
    Edit. found it. nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does anyone think ME3 will be better than 2 in terms of story and overall gameplay? I'm sure it'll look better, but otherwise I doubt it can top the high bar ME2 set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

grizzly wrote: »
    Does anyone think ME3 will be better than 2 in terms of story and overall gameplay? I'm sure it'll look better, but otherwise I doubt it can top the high bar ME2 set.

Well for me, ME2 didn't top the bar set by ME1 storywise, and certainly not final battle wise. ME2 did improve in other areas, not knocking it all (bar the dumbing down of it).

The final battle in Mass Effect was amazing, you fighting Saren, the fleet fighting Soverign, it was pure class. Sadly the ME2 ending was lacking compared to it, the baby human reaper fight wasn't great now in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well for me, ME2 didn't top the bar set by ME1 storywise, and certainly not final battle wise. ME2 did improve in other areas, not knocking it all (bar the dumbing down of it).

The final battle in Mass Effect was amazing, you fighting Saren, the fleet fighting Soverign, it was pure class. Sadly the ME2 ending was lacking compared to it, the baby human reaper fight wasn't great now in fairness.

Yeah the
    Human Reaper
    didn't really seem practical not to mention the overall fight was kinda bland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New normandy is looking shiny! I didnt buy one fish in the last game cuz of feeding and didnt want to chat up kelly in case talia kicked my ass. The armour and weapon customisation looks class. Cannot wait to play after watching that vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Does anybody else think that the graphics look crap even compared to mass effect 2? (textures + animations) on PC? Maybe because they had to fit the demo within a 2.0 GB file size limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Just got an email from Game to say that they wont be able to supply Mass Effect 3.

I'm pretty pissed off, have my pre-order with them for the N7 Edition, and little over a week to go, cant see any one else with that version.

In this link, Game are saying they made the decision.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/29/uk-retailer-game-not-stocking-mass-effect-3.aspx

This on, EA say they arn't supplying it to them

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/29/ea-pulling-mass-effect-3-from-game/

Just got an email from Game saying that I will not be able to get ME3 from them.
    Thank you for preordering Mass Effect 3 from GAME.

We're contacting you with news that, unfortunately we are not in a position to supply you with your copy of Mass Effect 3. As dedicated gamers, we know how disappointing this will be for you, and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that this will cause.

We value you as a customer very highly and want to demonstrate that to you by giving you £5 worth of Reward Card points when you come into store between 1st - 16th March to claim it. Obviously if you have placed a deposit we will also give you a full refund at the same time as transfering your points.

We are very sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.

For more information about Mass Effect 3 please visit www.GAME.co.uk/masseffect

The Customer Service Team
    GAME.co.uk

I. R. Disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Does anybody else think that the graphics look crap even compared to mass effect 2? (textures + animations) on PC? Maybe because they had to fit the demo within a 2.0 GB file size limit?

Im thinking its the demo, got a play of the full build this evening and looked far better, even on console. Will wait for the DigitalFoundry recap to see whats what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I learned of this early this afternoon, read the whole bunch of Articles on Eurogamer. When I rang the branch of Game I had my collectors edition pre-ordered in I got through to the rudest most dimwitted person they could get their hands on.

She didn't sound like she gave two ****s and replied to all my questions with "I don't know" including the one where I assumed we get our deposits back. I just said I'd pre-order elsewhere and I'd be in for my refund. I now have my collector's edition secured elsewhere.

I felt sorry for Game over the past couple of weeks since their problems first surfaced, but that level of customer service just cleaned me right out of sympathy. They abused their pre-owned strategies for years and now they expect publishers to jump through hoops to keep them afloat when they have a such a bad credit rating. I don't think so.

It's a sad day to lose an option for gaming on the high street but I live in hope that a company with more passion for the industry and more customer service driven might step in to fill the gap. I have shopped in Game for years but I can't see how they'll stick around when they can't stock a majority of new releases from the likes of EA or Nintendo etc. Never mind their ever diminishing staff knowledge and customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Your sympathy for what is a (slightly) better alternative to Gamestop couldnt be gone down to one rude staff member, strange attitude to take. But anyway,my local Game has very good staff and I for one will be very sad to see them go if it comes to that, I'm friends with some of them there, having worked there for a period.

Meesared wrote: »
    Your sympathy for what is a (slightly) better alternative to Gamestop couldnt be gone down to one rude staff member, strange attitude to take. But anyway,my local Game has very good staff and I for one will be very sad to see them go if it comes to that, I'm friends with some of them there, having worked there for a period.

In such a crucial time for the company you'd imagine they'd have their staff on their A game to be at least polite to customers. Let's face it, if they won't be stocking games the only thing to get a customers loyalty is good service. If what I've heard elsewhere is true and they've been letting staff go, why was this person kept on when they truly can't be arsed to make an effort to be polite, the most important thing in a retail job.

I'm not very forgiving, you may find it strange but I'm easily put off.
    I may have posted my original post in anger as realistically it's not a great thing for the industry if they disappear and something good doesn't take their place. Plus it's more jobs on the line. But in the case of the staff member I spoke to she doesn't deserve the job in the first place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mod...Moved to games forum for merging with similar thread.

Just had my first proper game of MP on the demo (with a sqaud of 4 instead of just me. Just beat the 10 waves and got extracted, thought it was class! Although I was playing with 3 yanks who called me a f*cking d*ck and a f*cking as*hole because I didn't revive one in time. I was pressing the x right over him but nothing happened. They sounded like Cartman having a freak attack, pathetic f*cking yanks. Anyone know how to mute?

I read on IGN if you import a save to ME 3, it lists in bullet points the decisions you made over the last 2 games to remind you what you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I learned of this early this afternoon, read the whole bunch of Articles on Eurogamer. When I rang the branch of Game I had my collectors edition pre-ordered in I got through to the rudest most dimwitted person they could get their hands on.

She didn't sound like she gave two ****s and replied to all my questions with "I don't know" including the one where I assumed we get our deposits back. I just said I'd pre-order elsewhere and I'd be in for my refund. I now have my collector's edition secured elsewhere.

I felt sorry for Game over the past couple of weeks since their problems first surfaced, but that level of customer service just cleaned me right out of sympathy. They abused their pre-owned strategies for years and now they expect publishers to jump through hoops to keep them afloat when they have a such a bad credit rating. I don't think so.

It's a sad day to lose an option for gaming on the high street but I live in hope that a company with more passion for the industry and more customer service driven might step in to fill the gap. I have shopped in Game for years but I can't see how they'll stick around when they can't stock a majority of new releases from the likes of EA or Nintendo etc. Never mind their ever diminishing staff knowledge and customer service.

Ah bad luck dude, why would you pre-order off them in the 1st place?????? Unless it was the closest place to you? They are always more expensive than the others, get you down to HMV and pre-order for the free N7 Tshirt..... Ms calex gets a new nightie and I am doomed to play a female shepherd while being instructed to "tell that *beep* to *beep*" or "push that *beep* out the window" by her .... she likes to make the character then back seat game rpgs :mad:

Oh aren't Game offering store credit + 5 quid in "loyalty" card points ???? No refund for you .... if you want the $$$$$ calmly explain consumer law to them

I'm pretty annoyed about this - thankfully had only preordered the standard edition, but now it means I'll have to take my patronage to Game.Stop for ME3

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Sorry to hear ye with your preorder troubles!

I'm gonna pre-order a standard version from Game$top - basically to get the N7 suit and rifle!

I've had some bad experiences (faulty new game) with GAME in Galway but they do have good deals with used games compared to Game$top!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Did anyone see the new Galaxy map and the Normandy SR3 walkthrough, what do ye think?
    Trevor451 wrote: »

Yeah the full game is about 15GB so a lot of stuff had to be cut out in the demo hence the dodgy animation and 2D survivors fleeing in the streets of Vancouver! :P
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I didnt buy one fish in the last game cuz of feeding and didnt want to chat up kelly in case talia kicked my ass.
    You can just ask her to feed the fish for you (NSA)! ;)

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah bad luck dude, why would you pre-order off them in the 1st place?????? Unless it was the closest place to you? They are always more expensive than the others, get you down to HMV and pre-order for the free N7 Tshirt..... Ms calex gets a new nightie and I am doomed to play a female shepherd while being instructed to "tell that *beep* to *beep*" or "push that *beep* out the window" by her .... she likes to make the character then back seat game rpgs :mad:

Oh aren't Game offering store credit + 5 quid in "loyalty" card points ???? No refund for you .... if you want the $$$$$ calmly explain consumer law to them

Ordered with them before Christmas, before their troubles began and before any other shop said they were getting the collectors edition. Only thing that stopped me ordering it online for the best price is that they rarely arrive on launch. I think Gamestop were charging €90 for it, if I remember right Game told me it was 80. The prices online fluctuate a lot as well. Amazon don't appear to have any, Play want €94 and shopto wanted €76. I'm not sure if Zavvi have it either, as cool as the T-shirts are I never asked in HMV what their prices were as I didn't know if they were getting the CE?

Nah you get your deposit back in whatever form you paid it in, the 5euro credit is in addition. At least that's what Game told eurogamer. And as you said, it's against the law to steal peoples money so I should have no problem telling them that.

My shepard will be imported from my ME2 which was imported from my ME1 so he won't change. If the main character is on the front of the cover I never change their features, just seems like vandalism lol. As monotone as male Shepard is he grew on me over the years, and who doesn't want to rub his skin head? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

In such a crucial time for the company you'd imagine they'd have their staff on their A game to be at least polite to customers. Let's face it, if they won't be stocking games the only thing to get a customers loyalty is good service. If what I've heard elsewhere is true and they've been letting staff go, why was this person kept on when they truly can't be arsed to make an effort to be polite, the most important thing in a retail job.

I'm not very forgiving, you may find it strange but I'm easily put off.
    I may have posted my original post in anger as realistically it's not a great thing for the industry if they disappear and something good doesn't take their place. Plus it's more jobs on the line. But in the case of the staff member I spoke to she doesn't deserve the job in the first place.

I can sympathise with staff not being all sunshine and roses I'm afraid. GAME is on its last legs - i.e. the employees won't have jobs soon and still have bills to pay. Yes, ideally they should be polite and helpful but it's quite likely that they don't know anything and are fearing the worst. GAME doesn't need loyalty at the moment - it needs a buyer.

A strange move to cancel one of the biggest games of the year though. And unfortunately for them (but luckily for gamers) the Collector's Edition is available elsewhere.

🤪

Man, I want this gun. Full size replica of the M-8 Avenger Assault Rifle! and it's only 650 dorrars :eek:

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/m8-avenger-assault-rifle-replica

etc-replica-fullsizem8rifle-full.jpg

^ there should be one of those and an N7 hoodie with every CE of the game, the flipping price of it. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    ^ there should be one of those and an N7 hoodie with every CE of the game, the flipping price of it. :pac:

Due to the nature of this item, international shipments could be confiscated by your Customs Agency and cannot be refunded. Please use caution before ordering.

Can you imagine! What would be worse...admitting to customs it's really is a gun and you hope to use it to maim and kill, or that you spent 650 on a replica gun from a video game.

Coming from a guy that seriously considered spending 2 grand on this for my home office, I'm not in the position to throw stones. The M-8 is class though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pauljeremiah

I'm more pissed off that the game is a Origin exclusive on PC >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Coming from a guy that seriously considered spending 2 grand on this for my home office, I'm not in the position to throw stones. The M-8 is class though!

2k for that!!! , its not even a modle of a "real" enterprise ... just that star wars'esc Abrams "trek" or "trek light" as I call it.
    2G for a soverigen class Enterprise E or NX-01 now that would be tempting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

this is another reason why babylon 5 is better than star trek
    dont have to spend 2k on a model ship, just shave a dead chicken and hang it on your wall. instant whitestar

A pic of the DLC costumes from 'From Ashes' leaked. I won't post a pic in case people think they are spoilers but you can see them in the link below.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337960/mass-effect-3-dlc-costume-spotted/

For a man that is supposed to be avoiding spoilers, sheehy is really cutting it close, viewing all these previews and leaked images.

• Advertisement

I know man, i'm an awful sucker for it! well dlc costumes don't bother me at all and only reading stuff that says 'no spoilers' but ya i'm gonna get stung if I don't stop with all the warnings about spoilers going around.

Advertisement