Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I can sympathise with staff not being all sunshine and roses I'm afraid. GAME is on its last legs - i.e. the employees won't have jobs soon and still have bills to pay. Yes, ideally they should be polite and helpful but it's quite likely that they don't know anything and are fearing the worst. GAME doesn't need loyalty at the moment - it needs a buyer.

A strange move to cancel one of the biggest games of the year though. And unfortunately for them (but luckily for gamers) the Collector's Edition is available elsewhere.

Gamestop have already offered to buy them out in the UK and Spain (Possibly Ireland too). I don't think that will do any good for healthy competition. I find Gamestop incredibly overpriced for everything and even most of their pre-owned stuff is a laughable price. I seen pre-owned stuff in there 5-10 quid more expensive than new across in HMV and even more than Amazon etc.

So if Game disappear with Gamestop buying them up then it's just HMV (Who are also in financial trouble) and maybe 1 or 2 other places people can walk into to buy their games besides supermarkets. I find it odd that Gamestop offered to buy game considering they just closed all their shops in Britain and Northern Ireland but there you go.

I hope Game aren't considering selling up as I prefer them leaps and bounds over Gamestop and consider them on par with HMV on the most part. Only thing is Publishers will be only too happy to bury them because of how much they hate second hand sales and Game abused that to high heaven. I can't imagine Gamestop would be in much better shape in that regard were they to get in financial trouble.

It will be a sad day when we have little or no options for places to walk into to buy our games. I only order back catalog games online that the B&M stores don't stock new anymore. I'd always prefer to shop in real shops than online where I can help it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Have always had iffy-to-terrible interactions with GAME staff myself.

When I was buying a PS3 back in the day, I asked the sales assistant if the model I was looking at was backwards compatible.

He asked me what backwards compatible meant.

Gamestop for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just called Dundrum, guy sounded like he'd been fielding the call a lot. Fiver refund plus fiver credit is not too bad, and I've preordered my N7 edition from gamestop. Now it'll be delivered!

Time to preorder from Game.Stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

does anywhere still have the ce for preorder on pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

some interesting news about how rep, paragon and renegade will work in ME3..
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/reputation-in-mass-effect-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, read that a while ago, was wondering about the rep system, seems a lot better than the last 2 games, especially not having to be full renegade or full paragon to see the high end speech options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It looks like now the choices you make will be made from what you what to do not from what style you are playing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man, I want this gun. Full size replica of the M-8 Avenger Assault Rifle! and it's only 650 dorrars :eek:

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/m8-avenger-assault-rifle-replica

etc-replica-fullsizem8rifle-full.jpg

Meh, no DLC, not worth it.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

There is, you just have to pay for the Collector's Edition of the rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Yea, Preordered the Collectors Edition from GameStop in Clare Hall yesterday.

Was surprised to get the CE edtition with only a week to go, a lot of websites had them lsited as sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Pre ordered collectors ed in hmv today, 80 quid instead if the 90 gamestop quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GrafenPills

Goodbye to GAME so.

First they lose their credit, then they can only sell certain new titles now.
    I expect all retail units shut down in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I would say that Game repeatedly and frequently (I literally mean once every two weeks) changing their store layout is one of the many, many reasons I don't shop there.

Gamestop just posted this on their FB

428996_10151335235570062_273761945061_22553800_378886709_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Wish they'd let us have them now or do a world wide release on the 6th instead of waiting another week, the backstards.

maybe they will now that GAME wont be stocking it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Didn't Game have a retailer exclusive for the CE of the game? I'd imagine if that distrubution deal fell though then their allotment would have been opened to the rest of the stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

airgilbert wrote: »
    does anywhere still have the ce for preorder on pc?

This.

• Advertisement

Epic trailer. I guess Ash is the canon ride :pac:

more news..

origin preorders can preload right now.
    Also, and this is directly from my preorder mail from Origin,
    Product Name: Mass Effect™ 3
    Release Date: 08 March 2012

I'm guessing midnight for digital downloads if that's not a typo.
    YEY! No sleeping on thursday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dat fleet battle!!

Hurry up next week, I have money ear-marked for food thats now not going on food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gizmo wrote: »
    Didn't Game have a retailer exclusive for the CE of the game? I'd imagine if that distrubution deal fell though then their allotment would have been opened to the rest of the stores.

That's exactly what did happen, HMV are now stocking the CE :)

79.99 for those interested.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dat fleet battle!! :eek:

Hurry up next week, I have money ear-marked for food thats now not going on food :D

Ya Bioware musta been listening to people going crazy for the fleet battles in ME 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

God damn it i can't wait any longer! i'm expecting nothing less than top quality story with the ending of this story arc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Grrrrrrrr.... it's just hit me that I now have to make the choice... do I play ME3 with my old saves, but not ever be able to go online with it due to having lost access to my XBL account... or do I start all over with a new Shepard tonight and try and get through ME1 and 2 in the next few days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrr.... it's just hit me that I now have to make the choice... do I play ME3 with my old saves, but not ever be able to go online with it due to having lost access to my XBL account... or do I start all over with a new Shepard tonight and try and get through ME1 and 2 in the next few days. :(

that depends whether u got the time or not. personally if it was me and i had the time i would definitively be re playing both games, stupid work is getting in the way of that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So do the pre-rendered scenes not look awful then?

That was one of the few things that disappointed me about ME2.

It's going to be utterly spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

psugrue wrote: »
    that depends whether u got the time or not. personally if it was me and i had the time i would definitively be re playing both games, stupid work is getting in the way of that lol.

I think I'll just play with my old Shepard, emotional attachment and all that jazz. Assignments and projects mean I'd only barely scratch the surface of ME1 this week.

Advertisement