Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

:eek:

It's no wonder Talia keeps the mask on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

>_>

.....still would.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh god, I forgot how bad the last boss in ME2 was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

5 days left? I'm starting to worry for my already already suffering social life... who'll miss me for a few weeks..
    The last boss was definitely a bit damp compared to some of the other sequences but I wouldn't knock it. Lair of the Shadow Broker was brilliant also. Arrival was a bit of a mess admittadly but not too important. I think the developers will be explaining what happened previously anyway for the benefit of players.
    Bring it on guys! I need a good game. My brother bought The Darkness 2 but I haven't played it at all. I want to jump straight in with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Tali, ye heathen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jigz

Got mine from HVM as well, although they aren't listed in EA's website for collectors edition (paranoia kicking in)... Anyways, hope we also get the N7 warfare pack. *prays*

>_<

Was reading Batman the other day! I don't deserve to save the Earth......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Funny, I always thought of Tali as the space Roma gypsy, got her killed in the final mission and wasnt bothered at all.....always felt like she should been selling roses and big issue in the Normandy canteen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

hightower1 wrote: »
    Funny, I always thought of Tali as the space Roma gypsy, got her killed in the final mission and wasnt bothered at all.....always felt like she should been selling roses and big issue in the Normandy canteen.
    Hmm, bit harsh: I always thought Tali was the more rounded, believable female character on the crew. Seemed like a sweet, pleasant person as opposed to the psychos & sexpots that made up the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If, like me, you had a rather devestatingly high level of collateral damage in the ME2 Final Mission, is there really any point to keeping that file?

Surely it would mean you miss out on all sorts of stuff in ME3?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gimme tali over adams apple miranda or ash the racist any day! Gonne be me, her and garrus mostly. Still dont know what class to choose for myself

noodler wrote: »
    If, like me, you had a rather devestatingly high level of collateral damage in the ME2 Final Mission, is there really any point to keeping that file?

Surely it would mean you miss out on all sorts of stuff in ME3?

I actually saved my game purposely just before that mission, because I chose the wrong people for certain things, losing Grunt and Moridin in the process. Oh and half the crew too. Whoops.

CVG have a guide to the different classes. I still don't have a clue though. I like AR's and Snipers but I like having the odd power or 2. I played through the last 2 as Vanguard but don't like throwing myself into a group of enemies only and exploding the last of my shield. I also don't like the sound of cloaking as infilitrator. Saying that, I like the sound of Sabotage and sticky grenade.

What class will ye be picking?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/338241/mass-effect-3-guide-expert-class-guide-tips-and-cheats/?page=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Loved Infiltrator in ME2, cloaking and slowing down time with the sniper was great. Adept was pretty good as well apart from the lack of weapons which was annoying against husk hordes

Hard to know until I try it but it'll probably be between those two again

Just tried the demo there with Infiltrator, thank thats what i'm gonna go with in the main game. I turned turrets against the enemy, burned em with incinerate and lobbed a few grenades. I didn't get a chance to use a sniper rifle, didn't use cloak much but i'm definitely liking that class.

I actually saved my game purposely just before that mission, because I chose the wrong people for certain things, losing Grunt and Moridin in the process. Oh and half the crew too. Whoops.

I don't think I did because I literally had no idea the game was going to end so suddenly (main story only felt like 3 missions long).

I guess I'll just play ME3 without my ME2 file then - too many ppl are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

After the launch trailier, decided to break my policy on buying games at release. First since Dark Souls, preordered from Gamestop.

Only annoying thing is I played ME 1 and 2 on the 360, but sold that about a year and a half ago so will be playing ME3 on PS3.

It'll be Adept all the way though, femshep too, plus Tali is easily the best team-mate! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hey all,
    Just got word that someone managed to extract the end game video files for ME3, so the ending for the game is now floating online.

Be very careful!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Just got word that someone managed to extract the end game video files for ME3, so the ending for the game is now floating online.

Be very careful!!!
    hehe; yeah, we know, hence the mod warning in the title ;)

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hey all,

Be very careful!!!

Initiating thread blackout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

pixelburp wrote: »
    hehe; yeah, we know, hence the mod warning in the title ;)

I though that related to the fact that the ending was known, not that actual videos are now available.

Would be easy to click on a youtube video called "cool ME3 Demo" and get the game ruined by an idiot troll.

Ya, no more vids for me. That plus the fact the full game is on torrent sites means there are gonna be dopes posting spoilers on forums and youtube. Gonna be a long week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Usually couldn't care less if I look at spoilers for games but in this case it would completely ruin it for me, can't recall ever being so excited how a story ends in a video game before :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If I buy mass effect 2 tomorrow, will I have time to finish it by friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

cloud493 wrote: »

Not if you have a job or school, it's 20+ hours as far as I remember, most of the game is taken up by recruiting crew members so you could skip some of it but if you do you're kinda wasting your time playing it in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

cloud493 wrote: »

Before ME3 comes out i've decided to put 2 full games together of ME1 and ME2, 1 Paragon male Shephard and 1 Renegade female. Each game, if you do all the little side quests (which give you more little bits of depth and other side quests in the next game) you can easily spend the bones of 50 hours.

And seeing as I'm doing the ME2 ones on insanity with an Adept and an Infiltrator, it's going to take a whole lot longer with all the reloading after I die.:)

For something as epic as this series I think it's worth going the extra mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gimme tali over adams apple miranda or ash the racist any day! Gonne be me, her and garrus mostly. Still dont know what class to choose for myself

Pretty harsh Miranda is hot imo. Really like Tali but she is kinda lets be friends until I see her face. I've been replaying ME1 but can't bring myself to save Kaiden he's just bland as hell. Ashley is annoying only really noticed that from my 2nd playthrough. I must do a bitchy Fem Shep playthrough eventually. I have 2 saves already one where I slept with Asari's the other with Ashley/Miranda. Really interested to see how keeping Wrex alive and saving the Ranchi go in ME3. Haven't it preordered but i'm hoping to get lucky next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

There's a few more PC Collector's editions in Amazon right now. They weren't there 20 minutes ago. Go go go if you want one. Works out around €65 or so
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mass-Effect-N7-Collectors-DVD/dp/B007ETFSDO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, no more vids for me. That plus the fact the full game is on torrent sites means there are gonna be dopes posting spoilers on forums and youtube. Gonna be a long week!

Believe that when I see it. You've been stuck in every link regarding a leak for the last ages, you are so gonna spoil it for yourself....:pac:

Advertisement