Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw that if you preorder with HMV you get a t shirt. I already have mine preordered but would love that Tee so anyone working in hmv and have spares let me no :D

The first copy of me3 from space landed in the forest and is stuck 150 ft up in a tree haha! bioware trying to get it down with a slingshot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I liked me1 amd me2, but I was not that interested in me3. I found out about that dlc and I really got pissed off. I am not picking up me3 now. I Wil vote with my wallet. I might pick up some goty edition next year.

I'm in the exact same boat. Money is tighter these days, my gaming backlog bigger than ever and I really don't want to be gouged by day 1 DLC. Christ I've only just started playing GTA IV properly, any excuse for me to ignore your game is going to be a good one these days.

Lads can someone tell me if this day one dlc from ashes is the same one that comes with the collectors edition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it is

• Advertisement

Thanks sir. I thought ce edition wasnt going to be released, I wanted to get ce for the dlc alone, no interest in art books and stickers. Prob gonna get this so.hope you can get the dog as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Illusive man is on the late late now :)

Illusive man is on the late late now :)

Ya just flicking around and saw him and shouted tubridy you annoying arsehole ask him about mass effect and what he thinks about all this dlc nonsense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was there a game of the year edition for any of the mass effects apart from the PS3 version?

Fat guy rants about the day one dlc. I'm sure I saw him before and he is just taking the piss, sad to see some people think it's serious, funny anyway. He talks about spoilers as to what the DLC is generally about.

'Look what you made me do Bioware!' haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Noticed this in the comments section of a Kotaku article article this morning, thought it was quite relevant. :)

How Game Production works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't think it is.

All the content IS READY to be released on Day 1. Therefore it should be.
    I don't care that they devoted extra hours to beta testing, or pre-production etc

We are paying premium price, for content that is ready on release, but being withheld.
    Release the game early, and give me additional content 2 months down the line if it's not ready, but as before, anything that is ready to ship on release day, should be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

gizmo wrote: »
    Noticed this in the comments section of a Kotaku article article this morning, thought it was quite relevant. :)

How Game Production works

there is a much easier explanation as to why we have this pretty much mandatory day one dlc, because bioware know people will buy it regardless of whether its right or wrong,
    that fat guy is crazy but tbh he isnt far off the mark about this crappy move, ME is probably my favorite game series this gen but i wont support ME3, you cant cut out an integral part of the game lore (the entire reason shepard is where he is) and charge for it on day one, its just wrong

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why can't they adopt the model like "Arkham City" - the DLC there, for the PC version, just needed to be unlocked. You didn't need to buy it separately. It rewarded the Day One purchases.

Of course since I'm going to buy it anyway (as I did with all the extra missions for ME2) they probably know most of us will just cough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't think it is.

All the content IS READY to be released on Day 1. Therefore it should be.
    I don't care that they devoted extra hours to beta testing, or pre-production etc
    It's only ready because they've spent the additional time and money in order to have it ready and have packaged it as DLC so as to ensure the main game is fully tested and gone through certification and mastering in time for the release. If it had been included in the main game then it would have been in development longer, the project would have gone over budget and other content would have to have been cut instead.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    We are paying premium price, for content that is ready on release, but being withheld.
    Release the game early, and give me additional content 2 months down the line if it's not ready, but as before, anything that is ready to ship on release day, should be included.
    You're paying extra money for it because they spend extra money making it. It's being withheld because it exists solely for the purposes of DLC. I don't know how people aren't getting this. If there was no DLC then this content would simply not exist.

And on a sidenote, if they're going to develop extra content then I'd prefer it to be available on Day 1 because in a couple of months time I'll be playing something else and won't want to go back to the game just for an hour or twos worth of an expansion.
    ixoy wrote: »
    Why can't they adopt the model like "Arkham City" - the DLC there, for the PC version, just needed to be unlocked. You didn't need to buy it separately. It rewarded the Day One purchases.
    That's my particular gripe with it. With ME2 this extra content was designed as an incentive for people who bought it new, now it's only bundled in the CE. What do we get instead? Multiplayer, in a game which never really needed it in the first place. :(

The 2 San Fran copies of ME 3 were write off's but I'd say it was a laugh heading to the forest to check it out.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the San Francisco Space Edition launches. After two days of exhaustive search and attempted recovery, both launches have been deemed irretrievable. It is unfortunate, but we have to require all participants halt further investigations due to legal and safety reasons. We are floored at the support, involvement, and contribution of the ME3 community in the last 48 hours, it has been nothing short of an amazing adventure. And it's been the greatest honor to meet all of you.

In related news, we are proud to announce that the Las Vegas launch was successfully recovered (photos soon). Stay tuned as we kick off the New York area launches later this morning, and we look forward to seeing every on the field!

In regards to the DLC, as much as I hate greedy DLC, I don't really have a problem with 'From Ashes' as the reason it is day one is because it's part of the CE edition, we are lucky to be even getting a chance to buy it. In regards to the content, No one know's the story and how it plays in with the rest of the game. I read a tiny spoiler about what you do in one of the main/side missions, I won't get into it but it has to do with
    Protheans
    , so I think we are gonna see them in the game or even that character besides having him in the squad in the DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Fat guy rants about the day one dlc. I'm sure I saw him before and he is just taking the piss, sad to see some people think it's serious, funny anyway. He talks about spoilers as to what the DLC is generally about.

'Look what you made me do Bioware!' haha

funny. looks like a boomer but are his comic endeavors really worth what is blindingly obviously a heart attack risk regardless?! Mass effect..

- seen nurds get worked up like this for real, few things animate them so. meet you halfway?! semi-serious?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

I've no problem if it adds something to the game but if it merely unlocks something, oh like port and starboard parts of a ship, then that's what pisses me off. Mainly because I pay for it but also because it's a douchey move to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, how do you activate Cerberus? The code I got with the game was expired, so I bought it on PSN and it downloaded and said installed (though I didn't install it myself)

I can't see any sign of the interactive comic or the extra missions. Do they unlock later, which seems silly as I am about to go to the first colony and you would think the Mass Effect recap would be before that.

chrislad wrote: »
    In Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, how do you activate Cerberus? The code I got with the game was expired, so I bought it on PSN and it downloaded and said installed (though I didn't install it myself)

I can't see any sign of the interactive comic or the extra missions. Do they unlock later, which seems silly as I am about to go to the first colony and you would think the Mass Effect recap would be before that.

Hey Chris, check out this link below how to install it and how to use it:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus_Network
    On the main Mass Effect 2 start screen, there is a second computer on the right-hand desk that opens to show the Cerberus Daily News and any new DLC that is available. Most Cerberus Network DLC is free, and the only charge that could be applicable is if the copy of Mass Effect 2 isn't new.[1] If Cerberus Network has been activated on a console, each individual profile will have access to the downloaded DLC. However, only the profile that activated Cerberus Network will be able to download new updates.
    The Retail Bonus Items are not available through the Cerberus Network until unlocked. The Promotional Bonus Items are not available through the Cerberus Network until unlocked through other means.
    Any DLC obtained through the Cerberus Network is downloaded through BioWare's social site on the PC, and through the Xbox Live marketplace on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

LH Pathe wrote: »
    funny. looks like a boomer but are his comic endeavors really worth what is blindingly obviously a heart attack risk regardless?! Mass effect..

He posts on reddit, thats a character and he's currently loosing weight.

In regards to the DLC, as much as I hate greedy DLC, I don't really have a problem with 'From Ashes' as the reason it is day one is because it's part of the CE edition, we are lucky to be even getting a chance to buy it.

We are lucky to buy be able to buy it?

What a strange stance to take imo.

Hey Chris, check out this link below how to install it and how to use it:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus_Network

Cheers, doesn't really help though. I downloaded the pack which was about 670MB. When I get to the start screen, it just says Triangle - Redeem Code

I know how it worked on the Xbox, but I don't see the same options here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

noodler wrote: »
    We are lucky to buy be able to buy it?

What a strange stance to take imo.
    Not really, it is not exactly unheard of that CE editions got unique items in game that you can't get any other way but buying the CE box (usually it would not be a DLC but I can see a gaming company doing something along those lines).

Ya, as far as I was aware, Bioware weren't going to release any CE DLC to the public to purchase. I couldn't afford to spend an extra 30 quid on a nice pic and jumper patch when all I wanted was the DLC, now I have the chance to just buy the DLC like I wanted.

Chris, are you able to wonder around the Normandy yet? You might only see the weapons and armour when you can head to the armory or your room on the normandy. You will prob have to start the game again to see the graphic novel part.

Also, strange that it installed itself, go to the XMB and look for the Cerburus Network under Games. If it's there, you might have to install it manually first.

Nody wrote: »
    Not really, it is not exactly unheard of that CE editions got unique items in game that you can't get any other way but buying the CE box (usually it would not be a DLC but I can see a gaming company doing something along those lines).

Yeah, if a CE has a little statue or art guide etc then it actually is limited edition and possibly rare and you would be lucky to be able to purchase one.

To make the same argument regarding the DLC in the CE is just wrong imo, there is nothing lucky about the fact non-CE players will be able to buy that DLC - a digital perk was never ever going to stay exclusive to the CE buyers.

Wasnt there digital content in me2 CE that you couldnt get otherwise? Might be wrong not sure.

Just tried mp on the demo, had 3 or 4 games but no other players found. Kept dying early. Is it possible to complete in single player or do you need some co op

Ya, as far as I was aware, Bioware weren't going to release any CE DLC to the public to purchase. I couldn't afford to spend an extra 30 quid on a nice pic and jumper patch when all I wanted was the DLC, now I have the chance to just buy the DLC like I wanted.

Chris, are you able to wonder around the Normandy yet? You might only see the weapons and armour when you can head to the armory or your room on the normandy. You will prob have to start the game again to see the graphic novel part.

Also, strange that it installed itself, go to the XMB and look for the Cerburus Network under Games. If it's there, you might have to install it manually first.

I deleted everything and started again, and I did have the option to install myself now, but the same issue. I'm in the main menu and you should have two screens, one with New Game etc on the left and the right one should be Cerberus. All I see is Triangle to connect to EA. Once I do that, it just asks me to redeem a code, which is invalid now, but I have bought the add on anyway so it should detect that.

Frustrating, have emailed EA.

Ah crap man, I know the code has expired but that whole feature shouldn't expire. Hope ea get back to you quick enough.

• Advertisement

New trailer is out. I don't get the point of live action trailers. Pointless money spent on actors and special effects.

Advertisement