Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Mantel wrote: »
    €10 day 1 DLC space Jamaican

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK99_T61alc

Link only because of spoiler.

lol, every time I hear that voice all I really he in my head is that bacardi ad campagin for the carribian way of life....

"can hear me now!" and "you complicated little man!" .... rofl

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Because having a high stable frame rate goes along way. Because options & customer empowerment are good.
    I completely and absolutely agree :) Sorry, I wasn't trying to hate on your decision or anything like that. I think that it's something Bioware should change - as I said, it was the same with Dragon Age 2 and I was way too cross about it to even play the game (because the mouse + keyboard I felt simply didn't work in that game for me, but some day I may revisit it).

Knowing the way software development works though, I get why it gets cut. I'd prefer to see their management expand the team that handles the interface stuff so it's less of an issue, but that obviously comes at the expense of staff on another side of the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im really pissed about this game now :( havnt been following it as ive been super busy only to find out today that
    the day one dlc has a fricking prothean party member :eek: WTF, how is that not important to the overall story? its a bloody living walking prothean, they are about as important as the reapers FFS, god damn it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

to use spoilers do [spoiler] and [/spoiler]

just typing *spoiler* and directly under saying the spoiler assumes most people here can only read at the speed of 1 word a minute

happy? to say that someone can read through a post without reading the word spoiler with two big stars next to it before reading the aforementioned spoiler would indicate to me that they cant read anyway

• Advertisement

the very first thing I read in your post was the spoiler
    literally the first word was the spoiler
    then I scanned up and saw *spoiler*

i dont really care because after me2 i'm just not going to play me3 so im only reading the thread out of boredom, but you would have gotten a bollocking from everybody else if they'd seen it

so people read bottom up now?
    tbh with you though i really dont know if im going to spend money on this game either, between DA2 and this nickle and dime crap i really have no belief in bioware anymore, i mean this dlc has to be pretty integral to the damn story just because of what it consists of and that kind of dlc is where i draw a line at, the only reason i play bioware games is for the narrative and when they start breaking that up into dlc...dont even know what to say tbh just pure crappy on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

having those spoiler tags around the spoiler is great. No chance of accidently on purpose reading something ye know ye shouldnt be reading

I actually dont want to read spoilers on the plot of me3 at all, and i've been very good to myself about that on this topic :)

so people read bottom up now?
    tbh with you though i really dont know if im going to spend money on this game either, between DA2 and this nickle and dime crap i really have no belief in bioware anymore, i mean this dlc has to be pretty integral to the damn story just because of what it consists of and that kind of dlc is where i draw a line at, the only reason i play bioware games is for the narrative and when they start breaking that up into dlc...dont even know what to say tbh just pure crappy on their part

yeah but it's possible that
    (extra spoiler protection just in case someone was stupid enough to highlight the first few letters) the protheans already have a role to play in the main campaign, it's just we don't know because only details of the dlc were leaked. the dlc campaign could just be an extra prothean mission.

either way though, it is a pretty dick move to have an edition specific mission dlc like this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

having those spoiler tags around the spoiler is great. No chance of accidently on purpose reading something ye know ye shouldnt be reading

I actually dont want to read spoilers on the plot of me3 at all, and i've been very good to myself about that on this topic :)

I'm the same. Avoiding all spoilers for once. The only thing I know is what was in the first trailer
    that earth is attacked by Reapers
    and that's it. Don't want to know any more before that N7 Edition is sitting on my desk ready to go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well not to ruin any plot lines or give any spoilers...but...you NEED to buy the CE edition or the DLC on release.

If you care about the story..which you obviously do (by not wanting to ruin it) ...you NEED to get this DLC as its centric and vital to the ME universe and story.

Else you will reach the end of the game and be all WTF ?!!?

Get the DLC on release, can't stress it enough (as much as I hate EA/Bioware for doing it, I will have to give in and get it too)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Else you will reach the end of the game and be all WTF ?!!?
    I'll wait for competent reviewers to tell me whether this is true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

OK. Can anyone else here who has read and knows the spoilers like myself regarding the DLC , back me up ?

It is essential to the storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

No idea, as I don't know the storyline of ME3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After looking over ME2 bonus items, there's no point for me getting it off any of the shops with them or getting the Digital deluxe or N7 without pre-order or at a high price off Game.

All the non collector edition stuff will likely show up to buy and with the already know From Ashes some of the CE is likely too.

Timing of releases is the only possible problem, so i'm going for cheap off amazon or whoever and throwing the money i save on the parts i want.

OK. Can anyone else here who has read and knows the spoilers like myself regarding the DLC , back me up ?

It depends on how you view it. Im sure Bioware will say you can still complete the game and reach the narratives conclusion without it BUT on the other hand...why do people invest in Mass effect, the characters, the universe its set in and the lore. All of which are massively impacted by the DLC. So while it may not be essential to completion it DOES cut a huge part out of the lore and universe if you dont have it. They know those are the reasons people play ME and they deliberately targeted those core reasons why people play to cut out and sell for extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I liked me1 amd me2, but I was not that interested in me3. I found out about that dlc and I really got pissed off. I am not picking up me3 now. I Wil vote with my wallet. I might pick up some goty edition next year.

Some people are so over reacting on that dlc spoiler. It's not even a spoiler. You will have to look at it anyway to know if you want it or not. That spoiler is not that much of plot, but it's about the race of companion you get. ( and all of the background of that companion ).

Very ****y move by bioware. If that dlc would be in standart edition, that I would not mind. It would be sort of online pass thing, but now it is just a piss taker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

hightower1 wrote: »
    It depends on how you view it. Im sure Bioware will say you can still complete the game and reach the narratives conclusion without it BUT on the other hand...why do people invest in Mass effect, the characters, the universe its set in and the lore. All of which are massively impacted by the DLC. So while it may not be essential to completion it DOES cut a huge part out of the lore and universe if you dont have it. They know those are the reasons people play ME and they deliberately targeted those core reasons why people play to cut out and sell for extra.
    Well the big question mark is really WHAT lore the DLC will contain. They could in theory pull a "go here find a guy in statis who've lost memory" to give you a new companion with minimum lore added.

The other thing is as well that what ever lore will come from it will be on youtube/Wiki style pages with in a week; so the only question is then do you need to experience it yourself to get it or would that be enough (this assumes the companion don't bring some unique combination of powers/weapons you just has to have etc.).

within a week? it'll be on wiki the day of release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So its probably cheaper to just buy the standard edition of the game, and then an extra 800msp/10euro on that DLC on launch day.

Because that Collectors Edition is a rip off, 80 quid in most places aint it? Xbox I am on, I'm sure the PC CE is a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement

i dont think it's available to buy on launch though, is it? isn't that the problem.. that it's only available through the CE unlike say dragon age's launch dlc which could be bought on launch if you wanted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

i dont think it's available to buy on launch though, is it? isn't that the problem.. that it's only available through the CE unlike say dragon age's launch dlc which could be bought on launch if you wanted
    It's a launch DLC if I remember correctly; 10 EUR (which makes the CE edition 10 EUR for the additional stuff in it basically unless you're like me and wait for a GOTY edition).

ah, right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Get the DLC on release, can't stress it enough (as much as I hate EA/Bioware for doing it, I will have to give in and get it too)

Simple solution is to not buy the game immediately on release, I know I won't.
    Nody wrote: »
    It's a launch DLC if I remember correctly; 10 EUR (which makes the CE edition 10 EUR for the additional stuff in it basically unless you're like me and wait for a GOTY edition).

Has there been a goatee of Mass Effect 2? Are Bioware even doing this anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nody wrote: »

It's 800 bioware points so that's €6.97 off the bioware store or €9.99 off the origin store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Varik wrote: »
    It's 800 bioware points so that's €6.97 off the bioware store or €9.99 off the origin store.

Really? Hmm, i've still got over 1000 points from when the points were dirt cheap (2400 cost me €9). Might just get the standard edition in that case, and order the dlc once i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

DLC certainly made a big difference in ME2 but was worth the cost for the missions (imo) will probably pick up the DLC on release just to make sure

Trying to stay away from all of the spoilers

Wouldnt be a bad idea for some retailers to bundle the game with 800ms points free. It'd give a huge edge over the competition if they could throw up signs for free from ashes DLC.

HMV usually do new games for about a tenner cheaper than everywhere else anyways so best buy it there and just pick up the ms points with the savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The other half has just preordered mine......now hopefully she won't get pee'd off when I am glued to it for a week or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finally got in and preordered today.

At least now with all this DLC I'll have a use for the 3000 ms Points I've been struggling to find a home for since Christmas.

Gamestop are giving free N7 Dogtags with preorders..woopee :rolleyes:

Advertisement