Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedian Frankie Boyle on Jordan & Harvey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I'm a big fan of Frankie Boyle, he's funny as fcuk. I wonder though are people justifying this joke because Jordan is the mother involved, as in she's 'fair game'... I dunno, it reeks of DM hysteria also :confused:

I do agree that people can switch over if they don't like what's on offer. I think Frankie wins, just about!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

i didn't see it, but i'd say i would have chuckled in a "oh sweet jaysus he didn't" kind of way. but in saying that, if it was my child i'd go fcuking ballistic over it.

I'm sure you'd learn to live with it and love it, those feelings of ballisticism would soon subside...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

True, I just find that kind of humour a bit redundant. Slagging Jordan... what's the point? She's a joke already.

Exactly.. so he moved onto Harvey. She's been flogged to death like seabiscuit at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 36 macam girl

His comments were disgusting:(- Anyone who thinks slagging off a disabled 7 year old child, needs to go in the corner and have a word with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

I giggled reading that :P

Best if Jordan just ignored the comment, she's just drawing attention to something she most likely wouldn't want to and is making herself a bigger target in future to similar jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I find a lot of Frankie Boyle's stuff hilarious, but I don't think this is funny - I think it's mean - however I still detest the moral outrage brigade who'll kick up a fuss over it, seeing as they hold pretty mean views of their own. And no doubt many of them despise Jordan and consider her a dumb, chavvy slapper.

Anyone see his joke about Richard Hammond?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

whycliff wrote: »
    Exactly.. so he moved onto Harvey. She's been flogged to death like seabiscuit at this stage

Now that's comedy!

Although extremely offensive to horses. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eh, Jordan herself is fair game as shes a detestable human being, slagging off a disabled 7 year old is a bit low though.

I still lol'ed :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As a brother of a person who is brain damaged, I would find it offensive to be honest.
    Its over the line and frankly if he had joked about my brother that way, my first reaction would have been to kick the living crap out of him.
    See then would he find that funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Anyone see his joke about Richard Hammond?

This one?:

I dont remember Richard Hammond complaining about it either...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I find Katie Price offensive. Who do I complain to?

macam girl wrote: »
    His comments were disgusting:(- Anyone who thinks slagging off a disabled 7 year old child, needs to go in the corner and have a word with themselves.

I don't think the child is disabled...just a black, mentally retarded, blind, supersized kid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

ebixa82 wrote: »
    I'm sure you'd learn to live with it and love it, those feelings of ballisticism would soon subside...

i lol'd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

Sounds like he has a new DVD or book out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I don't think the child is disabled...just a black, mentally retarded, blind, supersized kid...

Hello Frankie.

Nice of you to pop in.

:D

i'd say i would have chuckled in a "oh sweet jaysus he didn't" kind of way.
    Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I think this is crossing a line into the unacceptable.

Celebrities put themselves out there and I think slagging them off is fair game. I also accept that many people enjoy humour that can seem offensive to others - such as slagging disabled people, general controversial paedo jokes etc etc.

However, I think slagging a specific, named child is going too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've 2 disabled nephews and guess what? Go Frankie! That's what. If you don't like what you're listening to, change channel. That's why you've more than one, and that's why the TV has an off button.

Arguing to death on Internet forum about whether it's funny/not funny/ott/not ott will come to no conclusions, and no agreement will ever be made. Different people find different things funny, and the world'd be pretty boring if we couldn't laugh at ourselves, and each other every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not a mention of the sketch in the same show where he acts the part of a time travelling professor being jerked off while hanging on a cross.Still find him funny though,you expect this sort of humour from him so why is everybody so shocked.

Biggins wrote: »
    As a brother of a person who is brain damaged, I would find it offensive to be honest.
    Its over the line and frankly if he had joked about my brother that way, my first reaction would have been to kick the living crap out of him.
    See then would he find that funny!

I dont understand this.

Everyone has a disabled or mentally challenged relative, including me, i'd imagine Frankie even has one himself.

Its a joke, not to be taken overly seriously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

'Jordan and Peter Andre are still fighting each other over custody of Harvey - eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him.'

I think this part would be funny as a general bad parenting kind of thing, I think a similar gag was with milhouse in the simpsons?

The rest, eh no thanks! not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 36 macam girl

You should be ashamed of your self, also reported this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Johro wrote: »
    He's a twat. It's lazy humour. There are much better comedians around who don't need to resort to such crap about people to get a laugh. You don't need to be clever to deliver that kind of personal jibe, just gutless, smug and ignorant.

I see your point but which clever comedians are you talking about?
    I think Jimmy Carr's humour is quite clever but it can also be quite rude and offensive. Even his own father dislikes him though, but that's another story.
    i didn't see it, but i'd say i would have chuckled in a "oh sweet jaysus he didn't" kind of way. but in saying that, if it was my child i'd go fcuking ballistic over it.

I agree. I don't personally find the joke offensive but I can see where Jordan is coming from and I don't think she should take it lying down. (No pun intended...seriously)

If it wasn't in the context of a comedy show, would it be seen as a joke? I mean, I'm not having a go at people finding it funny - you can't help what you do and don't find funny, and I'm not exactly claiming to have never found a bad-taste, dark joke funny - but in the same way that people are entitled to find something funny, others are also entitled to not find it funny... even offensive.

In this case, I see humour in the shock value, but otherwise I personally don't see any wit there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The first part of the joke is funny, I don't really get the second part.

Frankie Boyle is fúcking awesome though!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I know it's wrong, but I couldn't help laughing.....:pac:

Anyway what can he be sued for by the fat slag?

macam girl wrote: »
    You should be ashamed of your self, also reported this post.

What part of my post do you have a problem with?

Somebody said the child was disabled and I corrected them...please tell me which part of my post was factually incorrect.

And welcome to AH..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Dudess wrote: »
    I find a lot of Frankie Boyle's stuff hilarious, but I don't think this is funny - I think it's mean - however I still detest the moral outrage brigade who'll kick up a fuss over it, seeing as they hold pretty mean views of their own. And no doubt many of them despise Jordan and consider her a dumb, chavvy slapper.
    They might. Saying it (or the things about her son) in front of a television audience though is a different matter imo. It's cheap.

Advertisement