Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedian Frankie Boyle on Jordan & Harvey.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Just the thought... *shudders*

I hope your Dad appreciated the pain you endured for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

It was a decent joke that showed he has more than shock value.

There are three that people are taking issue with at present:

1) That neither Jordan or Peter would really want to be awarded custody of Harvey
    2) That Jordan married a cage fighter so she could have someone strong enough to prevent Harvey from riding her.
    3) That Jack Tweed was lucky because when Jade was dying she got thinner and her vagina got tighter.

So, which one are you referring to as a "decent joke" exactly?

As I said earlier, I think Frankie Boyle is talented and should be allowed to pretty much say what he wants (Disclaimers on TV when necessary etc) but these "jokes" are simply not funny (to me) as they have no basis in truth, not even an ounce of it.

That's not to say that I don't laugh at jokes about these subjects, as I do - just when they are funny is all.

Jimmy Carr for instance told a joke about British Solider amputees that I thought was funny as its had truth at it's heart and the sentiment and subtext were funny:

“Say what you like about servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we're going to have a f*****g good paralympic team in 2012.”

He got a lot of stick for this joke and I don't really see why, as the joke is not poking fun at anyone and can certainly not be seen to be "mean"
    I think what winds people up about Frankie Boyle is, that his jokes can be just mean with little else about the gag other than that fact.

For instance, when he said on Mock The Week that Rebecca Adlington looked like she resembled 'someone looking at themselves in the back of a spoon'.

Again, I don't think he should be censored when he says stuff like that, but it is making these comments in the way he does, for what appears to be no obvious reason, that lead people to the conclusion that he is just saying this stuff and similar, for "shock value" purposes.

Well, it's making him a millionaire, so good luck to him I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The offensive thing about the Carr joke is that he was visiting people injured at war a few weeks before the gig, not the joke itself. You'd think that he'd wait a while rather than letting loose 2 weeks after meeting a load of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The offensive thing about the Carr joke is that he was visiting people injured at war a few weeks before the gig, not the joke itself. You'd think that he'd wait a while rather than letting loose 2 weeks after meeting a load of them.

How is that offensive? He's told the joke at gigs comprised of injured ex-servicemen and they laughed at the joke. The only outrage about it is from uppity @rseholes who are too PC and want to try to censor offensive material. Find it funny or don't find it funny, but don't try and censor it.

Look online and who is most offended by it; The Telegraph, the Mirror, The Daily Mail, Conservative MPs, strangely...... nobody in the military except a couple of top end personnel who are just throwing weight. Even a thread on a Navy/Marines website shows how servicemen think everyone else is overreacting.

Another case of those not connected getting offended on behalf of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

whycliff wrote: »
    Anyone else see this?

Katie Price has called in her lawyers after comedian Frankie Boyle made a vile sexual slur against disabled son Harvey on his Channel 4 show Tramadol Nights.
    Former Mock The Week star Boyle, 38, said on the show, which is watched by one million viewers :

'Jordan and Peter Andre are still fighting each other over custody of Harvey - eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him.'

He then added: 'I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter - she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f****** her...'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1337095/Katie-Price-refuse-apology-Frankie-Boyles-sexual-slur-disabled-son-Harvey.html#ixzz17ey0qYAS

Is this too much, too far.

I pissed myself laughing when I heard him say it, but that was it I thought no more about it.

When comedians take to the stage is it a free for all, should it be??

That joke is typical Frankie Boyle, its kinda funny and then you think should i laugh at this? At least i did.

Anyways as far as the joke goes people are making a big deal outta nothing surely there are more important things to worry about, im sure jordan is big enough to take care of herself.

As for frankies show on C4 which i never knew about till this thread, i watched it last night and it was okish. The "skits" were terrable not funny at all in fact they were awful.

The only thing about the show is that he tries to fit in some stand-up typical of his live show which is funny.

You either like his "style" of humour or you dont its simple as that. His jokes are in bad taste and are meant to shock if you dont like that nobody cares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I've got an honest question to all those going on about how it would be fair to take a shot at Jordan, as she decided to live her life in public, but not at the kid who has no say in the matter:

What does the kid actually think about the joke?
    After all, all we hear is Jordan herself making a fuss about this...

Oh, and a second question :

When I read this joke, I immediatley thought it was aimed at Jordan. How messed up do you have to be to think the kid's the butt of the joke?

All you people who think it's aimed at the kid ought to be ashamed of your own imagination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Shenshen wrote: »
    I've got an honest question to all those going on about how it would be fair to take a shot at Jordan, as she decided to live her life in public, but not at the kid who has no say in the matter:

What does the kid actually think about the joke?
    After all, all we hear is Jordan herself making a fuss about this...

Tke kid is a 7 year old retard, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an opinion on the issue, and if he did he'd have a hard time expressing it!

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Tke kid is a 7 year old retard, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an opinion on the issue, and if he did he'd have a hard time expressing it!

So the issue then has to be that his mom is offended... nope, sorry, I'm trying, but I can't find any sympathy here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Shenshen wrote: »
    So the issue then has to be that his mom is offended... nope, sorry, I'm trying, but I can't find any sympathy here.

No me neither..the taught of the little fat kid trying to ride her made me lol thou! You too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

I dont think any of these people are very nice to be honest....Where is yorkie in all this?
    Frankie is always shocking and sometimes funny...
    Hits more than he misses tho...

Advertisement