Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedian Frankie Boyle on Jordan & Harvey.

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see this?

Katie Price has called in her lawyers after comedian Frankie Boyle made a vile sexual slur against disabled son Harvey on his Channel 4 show Tramadol Nights.
    Former Mock The Week star Boyle, 38, said on the show, which is watched by one million viewers :

'Jordan and Peter Andre are still fighting each other over custody of Harvey - eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him.'

He then added: 'I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter - she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f****** her...'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1337095/Katie-Price-refuse-apology-Frankie-Boyles-sexual-slur-disabled-son-Harvey.html#ixzz17ey0qYAS

Is this too much, too far.

I pissed myself laughing when I heard him say it, but that was it I thought no more about it.

When comedians take to the stage is it a free for all, should it be??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there's a few jokes i want to post but i think ill get a slap on the wrist

biting my lip here

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

whycliff wrote: »
    Anyone else see this?
    I pissed myself laughing when I heard him say it, but that was it I thought no more about it.

When comedians take to the stage is it a free for all, should it be??

You laughed, as did a lot of people watching it, that's the idea, anyone who didn't find it funny can simply and should switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I thought it was funny. But then I think a lot of fúcked up shít is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I saw it and laughed but it was a bit low. Even for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I blame the editors tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Some things aren't actually funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Is there someone I can complain to because he's painfully unfunny in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is there legally anything that can be done though?

Is telling an offensive joke against the law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

He's about as funny as a cramp tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭BQQ

I don't get it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

BQQ wrote: »
    I don't get it :confused:

jordans son is disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

what some people find funny, others find offensive, there's a fine line.. you'll never always stay either side of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

It's free speech, he can say what he wants. It's only comedy anyway, it can't be taken that seriously, and everyone knows Frankie Boyle likes these kinds of jokes. If you don't like it, turn it off.

Someone on Facebook uploaded his entire xmas DVD and there are jokes 'worse' than that about wheelchair bound kids, Susan Boyle and The McCanns...

jordans son is disabled

I still don't get it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

what some people find funny, others find offensive, there's a fine line.. you'll never always stay either side of it!!

Of course you will.You have to be one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are you Jordan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

That's because it's not funny.

Stick to Brendan Grace so.

That's because it's not funny.

Thats a matter of opinion, he is quite popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

He's a twat. It's lazy humour. There are much better comedians around who don't need to resort to such crap about people to get a laugh. You don't need to be clever to deliver that kind of personal jibe, just gutless, smug and ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Usually like Frankie Boyle but I think this goes a bit too far I liked his first DVD second being offensive for the sake of laughs not very original booh Frankie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Frankie Boyle is funny as fcuk...He's controversial but not just for the sake of being controversial, he's very quick witted and talented..

If people don't like his style of comedy then don't watch his show, there are plenty of warnings of what to expect before it starts..

He doesn't give a fcuk what people think and why should he?

Fcuk Jordan anyways, the dumb cnut..

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Are you Jordan?

No.

Maybe it's just not funny:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i didn't see it, but i'd say i would have chuckled in a "oh sweet jaysus he didn't" kind of way. but in saying that, if it was my child i'd go fcuking ballistic over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Someone on Facebook uploaded his entire xmas DVD and there are jokes 'worse' than that about wheelchair bound kids, Susan Boyle and The McCanns...

The McCanns aren't disabled.

Nor is Susan Boyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Thats a matter of opinion, he is quite popular.

True, I just find that kind of humour a bit redundant. Slagging Jordan... what's the point? She's a joke already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

high horses, loud noises :rolleyes:

teacups and storms etc

he's a comedian, he makes money by making people laugh, people are free to leave his show if they've paid in and if you don't want to see him you don't buy a ticket and if he's on the tele then you can freely change over to what it is you'd prefer to watch.

• Advertisement

Ha-ha :D - witty as ever. Im just saying that any of the people mentioned could have complained as his jokes about them were equally as harsh.

Advertisement