Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA season 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

Howth
    Ticknock
    Annagh
    Trooperstown
    Maulin Winter

It's deja vu all over again!

Nothing Deja Vu about the "Wicklow Glacier Lakes" Relay

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Dunebuggy wrote: »
    Spring league now up for CNOC!! :-)

Oh boy! They look awesome. Such technically demanding terrain!! I don't know if my ankles could handle such mentally and physically tough fire trails. Better give em a skip, just in case I get injured or god forbid, sprain my ankle!!

(now I wait for some plonker to come along and accuse me of been elitist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Dunebuggy wrote: »
    Nothing Deja Vu about the "Wicklow Glacier Lakes" Relay

That looks a brilliant relay. Scope too for elbowing competitors into the drink, something that has always been lacking from the Wicklow Way relay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Annagh Hill the weekend before the Donadea 50, sweet. That should help with the taper madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

Some tasty looking races there...Glenmacnass and Glendalough circuits look brilliant (and a little less scary than the Circuit of Avonbeg)

Ro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

Always with the moaning ;)

We could just do:
    Annagh
    Annagh
    Annagh
    Annagh
    Annagh

Must get ocnoc down there.

Wicklow or Wexford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Annagh is just over the Wexford border.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Quick question here, where has the Sugarloaf race on the 27th Dec gone? Has it been scrapped?

Annagh is just over the Wexford border.

On the Wexford side;)

I checked the spelling too. "An tEannach" as gaelige le haghaidh Dearfach Diúltach.

On the Wexford side;)

I checked the spelling too. "An tEannach" as gaelige le haghaidh Dearfach Diúltach.

Translates as Fen? Expected it to translate as something like hardship :)

• Advertisement

Ar Strae wrote: »
    Glenmacnass and Glendalough circuits look brilliant (and a little less scary than the Circuit of Avonbeg)

Why do I get a feeling you haven't run the circuit of Glendalough yet . . . . :P

Underestimate it at your pearl

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

ocnoc wrote: »
    Why do I get a feeling you haven't run the circuit of Glendalough yet . . . . :P

Underestimate it at your pearl

Damn..... maybe another opportunity to volunteer then! :(

Any recommendations for step-up races from the Leinster League or Leinster Champs? Planning to give the Irish Champs a crack this year for the first time.

Ro

Any recommendations for step-up races from the Leinster League or Leinster Champs?

Circuit of Glendolough will be a good test. Try that one :P
    All IMRA races are runable* with the right prep. You'll be fine on Glendo, I was just taking the mick. You'd wana pace yourself on Camaderry - no point murdering yourself on climb one.

*One persons runnable is another persons death march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Damn..... maybe another opportunity to volunteer then! :(

Any recommendations for step-up races from the Leinster League or Leinster Champs? Planning to give the Irish Champs a crack this year for the first time.

Ro

Doing your long runs 90 mins+ on mountains is probably the session to best prepare you. Up the overall mileage to strenghtem the legs too if you can.
    Long tempo runs are good too.

The Leinster League calendar is now up on the imra site. A few people suggested Carrick Mountain as a good one for Boards to provide volunteers for, so lets go for that. It's nice and central for those coming from Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Wexford, etc, easy to get to from the N11 (close to Glenealy). Great course, loads of variety. Race is on the evening of May 16th, a Wednesday.

We'll need volunteers for assistant RD, First Aid, Laptop, markers, registration, carpark, etc, as well as I'd say a few marshalls on the course (quite easy to take a wrong turn), so head on over and start signing your name to a volunteer spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I presume that the 11am start on a Wednesday is a typo/mistake?

I presume that the 11am start on a Wednesday is a typo/mistake?

Yup. More like a 7:30pm start, we'll get it changed (and thanks for signing up!).

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Is there no Dublin mountain Plod lined up for 2012?

Nialler73 wrote: »
    Is there no Dublin mountain Plod lined up for 2012?

It won't be there if there's not enough volunteers It'll be there- the full calendar (WW relay etc) isn't up yet.

Signed up for first-aid, but happy to mark too. Theres lots of variety on Carrick so its probably getting a view from the LL director (when they are announced) as to what distance they are looking for. A route from 6 to 13k or longer could be easily accomodated. As its earlier in the LL the distance will probably be less than 10k as the distances tend to build up over the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just waiting for the myIMRA invite to come through (thought I was already registered) and I'll be signing up to volunteer.

As its earlier in the LL the distance will probably be less than 10k as the distances tend to build up over the league.

Boards should set a trend and make it an off trail race thats about 10miles :P

Hmm, and unmarked. Carrick over to Clara Vale and back. Ensue carnage.

Hmm, and unmarked. Carrick over to Clara Vale and back. Ensue carnage.

No, no. This is an LL, it should be marked*

*The start and finish should always be marked so as to not confuse the masses

Still waiting for a marker to step forward. Who will ultimately dictate who goes where...;)

Still waiting for a marker to step forward. Who will ultimately dictate who goes where...;)

See post above.. I said I'd mark ;) Can't volunteer for 2 roles at once for the event on the imra site :)

See post above.. I said I'd mark ;) Can't volunteer for 2 roles at once for the event on the imra site :)

Yeah, I just figured Padwan was looking to stamp his mark (ie no mark) on a LL course:D

May 16th is scarily close to my exams... Dont want to commit to anything yet, but if your stuck

May 16th is scarily close to my exams... Dont want to commit to anything yet, but if your stuck

No, concentrate on your exams. Plenty of time to bring the LL into Camaderry-land in the future.

• Advertisement

No, concentrate on your exams.

And eat your greens. I've turned into my father :)

Advertisement