Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA season 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Great to see runners from Munster and the North.

I was knocking between 3rd and 4th place ladies pretty much from the start until myself and the eventual 3rd place lady from Newry City pulled away from the summit of Djouce and I pulled slightly ahead of her after the view of the waterfall. I'm happy to finish within the placed ladies !

I'm bloody wrecked now, Maulin I thought was tougher than Djouce but that could be just because I'm familiar with it at this stage.

I thought Maulin was definitely tougher. I was comfortable going up Djouce, Maulin was misery.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

There's been a great discussion on volunteering at imra races over on their forum. Rathfarnham assembled a full squad to man one particular race last year, and now Crusaders are looking to do the same for next. Its a great idea, that a club "takes over" the running of a particular race.

Loads of hill runners on this forum- could we do the same from Boards? If enough people said they were willing to help out, we could fill RD, Asst RD, Laptop, First Aid, etc, (as well as running volunteers), and present it to the committee as a done deal. Don't know what race yet (calendars out next week), but I'll probably be RD'ing one WL race (guess which one;)), Mick will be RD'ing a LC race, or we could target one of the LL Wednesday night races.

Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think it can be done. One thing I've wondered, and had intended on posting on the IMRA forum, what's the dark art behind the laptop operator ? I'm sure there's a few of us around here that work in IT and are never away from a bloody laptop.

So we're obviously getting your Annagh Hill again, people might remember to bring their rain jackets this time around !

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What's the dark art behind the laptop operator ? I'm sure there's a few of us around here that work in IT and are never away from a bloody laptop.

Yeah I did the last Laptop course they ran, it's actually pretty straightforward. The guys supply a CD with test database etc which I can get you a copy of if you want..that's probably all you need to know.

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

If you're new to the laptop, I hear that you should do it for the first time at Bray Head or whatever the first Leinster League race is. ;)

Great idea re Boards race. I'd be in for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

@dpop. consider me signed up boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭former

Great idea - count me in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

count me in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

i'll do laptop - if anyone wants to shadow - happy to train them as long as its not annagh hill :-) would like to run it this year.

Lets try to get out in force to race a race too. Tonelagee and the Lake. Ah yes..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Donthop...

Re; Boards volunteers -?I'd be happy to help out, as would claralara... Just keep me as far away from the laptop as possible ;)

I only managed Howth and Trooperstown last year due to other commitments but loved the change of scenery and atmosphere!

Fantastic response so far, I think this is something that we as a Boards team can pull off.

A little birdie told me that Annagh will make the calendar for next year, but another birdie opined it will be hard to fill non-running positions. It got a great response from last year, so loads who missed it want to see what the route is like, and will want to race on the day (as Dunebuggy suggests above). So I'll see what sort of support I can muster to fill those non-running spots (key ones are laptop, first aid, summit marshals), and then fill the rest from running Boardies.

Or else we'll just pick a LL Wednesday night race and do all the volunteering that? Might be a better use of resources. Either way its good to see so many willing to volunteer, cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

I heard a little birdy tell me its easier to get summit marshels if they are bribed with coffee and a mega phone to shout abuse/encourage people....

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I'd be happy to lend a hand, depending on the date. I'm new to this mountain running lark but I'm hoping to run most of the Winter League races and will be volunteering at some stage in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I'm in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Me too.
    Can do lap top also if needed.Just not Bray!!!:)

Who else is clicking on the 2012 events tab every few hours?

(even though I know calendar isn't released for a couple more days:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

Who else is clicking on the 2012 events tab every few hours?

(even though I know calendar isn't released for a couple more days:D)

Dammit..snared..yeah...and then I thought "maybe there's leaked information on boards"..and so here I am.

Can't wait!

Ro

Ar Strae wrote: »
    I thought "maybe there's leaked information on boards"

Someone close to the committee gave me flawed info last week, just so they'd know where the leak came from if it did come out. Thankfully, I kept my council;) There's more secrecy to this calendar than there is in the Budget!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We're obviously not waiting for the German Trail Running association to ratify it, hence the lack of info leaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

The GMRA have only managed to auction enough volunteers for 3.6 of their 6 races and thus have enough on their plate to worry about without leaking where round 2 of the IC might be.

IMRA forum wrote:

Leinster Champs 2012

Tonalagee & the Lake.
    Mullaghcleevaun
    Circuit of Glenmacnass
    Circuit of Glendalough.
    Mount Leinster.
    Carlingford Slieve Foye

So thats the forthcoming Leinster Champs. I like the look of the first three best personally. Also, I'm a little glum that none will finish at the Glenmalure Inn, (but then I never put my hand up to organize one that ends at the Glenmalure Inn).

Circuit of Glendalough has potential for loadsa route choice and pain.
    Wonder what peaks are on the cards for that one....

ocnoc wrote: »
    Circuit of Glendalough has potential for loadsa route choice and pain.
    Wonder what peaks are on the cards for that one....

Start/finish in Glendalough. Camaderry, Lugduff, Mullacor, Derrybawn.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

Winter league now up

Lugduff, Mullacor

Can't wait!

Dunebuggy wrote: »
    Winter league now up

Howth
    Ticknock
    Annagh