Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA season 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I see that Gareth Little Kevin, O'Riordan and Zoran Škrba are going to attempt the Wicklow Round this Friday. http://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/2711/

Best of luck lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

geld wrote: »
    I see that Gareth Little Kevin, O'Riordan and Zoran Škrba are going to attempt the Wicklow Round this Friday. http://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/2711/

Best of luck lads.

Moire O'Sullivan had a great blog post about the Wicklow Round yesterday on group attempts versus solo attempts.

http://moireosullivan.com/

Best of luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭woody1

http://www.connemararoughdiamond.com/en/connquest_2011/connquest_connemara_17th_sept.html

trail half marathon in connemara ..there isnt a whole pile of info on it, but i figured this would be the best place to post it for people that might be interested....
    not a lot of notice i just got the email this morning and i most likely wont be doing it due to short notice.

i know this isnt an imra event , so feel free to move it or whatever ..

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭robroy1234

I won't be able to go to the World Masters in Italy as I can't afford it, so this race looks quite interesting and just down the road as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Some run by Eoin!

Enduro by name, endurane by nature

http://utmb.livetrail.net/coureur.php?type=dossard&rech=2554

34th at the UTMB is an unreal result, but I guess whats kinda more scary is that he was behind by over 8hrs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

ocnoc wrote: »
    Some run by Eoin!

34th at the UTMB is an unreal result, but I guess whats kinda more scary is that he was behind by over 8hrs

Well done Enduro!

Jornet is savage, 20 hours for over 166k of running, with 9400m elevation gain:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

The 3 Salomon lads ran together for lots of it I think. The North Face must be a little miffed given their sponsorship of the race.

When will Lidl get their act together and give Enduro a contract is the burning question though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭PositiveNegativ

This might be of interest to some in these parts.

http://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/2713/

'Profits' should really have read as 'proceeds'.

A more advanced course will follow in the not too distant future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

This might be of interest to some in these parts.

http://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/2713/

'Profits' should really have read as 'proceeds'.

A more advanced course will follow in the not too distant future.

This is highly recommended, PN did something similar for Boardies a couple of years back (details here). Probably the most useful three or four hours you'll ever spend in the mountains. If he was charging €100 it might appear closer to its true value, so don't be put off by the stipend €15 to charity, this course is the bee's knee's, and of huge benefit to anyone doing hillrunning.

I'll be there for the advanced one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I was at one he hosted before the summer in Glendalough, a useful few hours indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Thinking about doing tonights IMRA race as a brick session i.e., cycle there and back. Is there anywhere to lock a bike near Ticknock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Thinking about doing tonights IMRA race as a brick session i.e., cycle there and back. Is there anywhere to lock a bike near Ticknock?

Lock it to a tree at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Should be safe enough to leave it at the start line. Plenty of runners cycle to the races and there is always a couple of people at the start/finish line.

Donny5 wrote: »
    Lock it to a tree at the start.
    nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Should be safe enough to leave it at the start line. Plenty of runners cycle to the races and there is always a couple of people at the start/finish line.

Cheers lads. Never been to ticknock/done an IMRA race so wasnt sure what the done thing is. Sure I wont bring the fancy bike just in case ;)

Cheers lads. Never been to ticknock/done an IMRA race so wasnt sure what the done thing is. Sure I wont bring the fancy bike just in case ;)

You'll enjoy the cycle so :P

You'll enjoy the cycle so :P

I meant I've never been to the race area.... I will be walking crawling up that God forsaken hill!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I'm thinking of having a go at this race tonight myself but will be coming from work on the northside and may be cutting it fairly fine for time. I've been struggling to make sense of the map on the IMRA event page. I gather that I need to take junction 13 from the M50 but after that I'm not sure where to go. Could anyone provide me with some quick directions from there? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Sandwell wrote: »
    I'm thinking of having a go at this race tonight myself but will be coming from work on the northside and may be cutting it fairly fine for time. I've been struggling to make sense of the map on the IMRA event page. I gather that I need to take junction 13 from the M50 but after that I'm not sure where to go. Could anyone provide me with some quick directions from there? Cheers.

Here's directions from the M50 Southbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Donny5 wrote: »
    Here's directions from the M50 Southbound.

Thanks a million! That's much clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

jeffontour wrote: »
    The 3 Salomon lads ran together for lots of it I think. The North Face must be a little miffed given their sponsorship of the race.

When will Lidl get their act together and give Enduro a contract is the burning question though! :)

Aldi, man, it's Aldi :D

It was also funny seeing all the South Face t-shirts around Chamonix :) (Although the south butt stuff is better!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭PositiveNegativ

Started out last night with the usual plan. Steady, let the wild men off then work through the field. Before the off I'd had a succinct briefing from a GOI team mate "Don't let any DW beat you". So when a lad in a bright orange top passed me on the flat run across to the boneshaker I felt the need to move a bit harder. Closer examination of the orange revealed it to be merely bright rather than luminous so that momentary panic passed but the damage was done, I was up to racing speed.
    Quick jostle with young James Alexander who has all the speeding up/slowing down and line changing tricks of the trade but I mugged him just as we turned up the Boneshaker. From there the lads just in front of me started paying for their wildness breaking into the walk/run pattern of the hard starter. I was feeling that burning/freezing tongue sensation that come from hard uphill but was moving through so felt happy to persist at the pace. Ahead a group of four where well clear, PeterX being out front on his own.
    Pretty much ran the race alone from that point. The flat(ish) section after the Two Rock turn was a struggle but once back in gravity's embrace there was a bit of fun to be had. I closed up on John MacEnri until his ears picked my footfalls and he upped his effort substantially, reopening the gap between us.
    All in all an enjoyable little blast around a much changed old stomping ground, and a decent bit of cash raised on a fine Autumn evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Nice report PN..
    It's a cracking wee race, after the recently mandatory steady first km I opened up and fairly hammered the climb, I'm not sure where it came from but I felt feckin brilliant from km 2 to km 4 and took full advantage as what goes up must come down:).

Brendan Lawlor reckons that might be the end of 3 rock as an evening venue with the increased popularity of the mountain (and subsequent car traffic volume)
    A pity as 3 rock holds many good memories for many of us.

..... or many bad ones, depending on your point of view :P

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

Some run by Eoin!

Savage! Any sign of a race report Enduro? (Or did I miss it somewhere else?) It would be amazing to read to get some small idea of how painful a race like that must be!

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

Keep prodding me... I'll get it written!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nem_e

Keep prodding me... I'll get it written!!!

I read this at first as "Keep probing me.... " yikes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Gerry Brady had this up on imra on Sunday but only he knew it was there :) Some good performances by our international representatives over in Albania at the weekend.

Junior women team
    10. Ireland (22,28) 50

Junior men team
    12. Ireland (24,42,43) 109

Senior women
    1. Kasie Enman (USA) 40:39
    2. Elena Rukhlyada (RUS) 41:47
    3. Marie-Laure Dumergues (FRA) 42:23
    37. Sarah McCormack 48:54
    43. Donna Mahon 51:25
    45. Sarah Mulligan 52:44

Senior women team
    11. Ireland (37, 43,45) 125

Senior men
    1. Max King (USA) 52:06
    2. Ahmet Arslan (TUR) 52:41
    3. Martin Dematteis (ITA) 52:57
    26. Mark Ryan 58:56
    35. Brian MacMahon 60:23
    53. Barry Minnock 62:14
    57. James Kevan 62:46
    59. Brian Furey 62:59
    62. Ian Conroy 63:31

Senior men team
    9. Ireland (26,35,53,57) 171

People are saying it was horriffic etc etc

From the photos it looks awesome! Flaking in through a building site before a steep dusty twisting descent... Technical climbing and descending

I rarely get excited about stuff :p but this just looks... awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭climbhigh

Advertisement