Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA season 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

ocnoc wrote: »
    Before you ask, or even dream of asking, the answer is no :)

Don't need ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Rinker wrote: »
    So how did team Boards do? Are there team prizes for the LL and other imra leagues?

Well, with a quick glance at the results, its a safe bet to assume Rathf won, Sli Cullan were probably second, Boards looking 3rd with CNOC a further 27 points behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Come back Slogger/Jeff/Enduro and Gohard. I'm not meant to be first!!

I'm dreading a return to racing. The fact my return may be at the uphill only sufferfest is not playing to my strengths. That's my sandbagging done for the mo. :D

Was supposed to volunteer Wednesday but had to turn around when in Enniskerry to return home to do some work. Pain in the ass as that would have been some finish to witness.

I know leg 2 from last year is champing at the bit. Leg 3 is waiting a year for the chance to redeem himself navigationally.

Leg 1 reporting for duty sir. To quote the greatest cheerleading movie of all time. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

jeffontour wrote: »
    I'm dreading a return to racing. The fact my return may be at the uphill only sufferfest is not playing to my strengths. That's my sandbagging done for the mo. :D

I've mixed feelings about Powerscourt Uphill myself. It really is a sufferfest. Toughest race on the LL calender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Great race last night. I feel the same about adjusting to the light going back into the tunnel. It was crazy!

I havent seen the official results (site down again?) but I think I was first boards guy back. I cant take the pressure. Come back Slogger/Jeff/Enduro and Gohard. I'm not meant to be first!!

Enjoy it while you can EE! I have my eyes on my rightful spot as 4th/5th Boards! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭PositiveNegativ

Leg 3 is waiting a year for the chance to redeem himself navigationally.

Have you done your recce?
    Before you ask, or even dream of asking, the answer is no :)

Age handicaps apply this year. CNOC get to start in the Phoenix Park.

Age handicaps apply this year. CNOC get to start in the Phoenix Park.

Do you really want to risk that... Imagine the embarrassment when a possessed gust of wind went by donothoponpop on the fire road about a k from fentons...

For years after all donothoponpop can remember hearing was "coffee coffee coffee coffee" as the wind whipped up a dust cloud leaving nothing but an imprint of an inov8 shoe left in the soft soil of a slowly drying puddle....

Do you really want to risk that... Imagine the embarrassment when a possessed gust of wind went by donothoponpop on the fire road about a k from fentons...

For years after all donothoponpop can remember hearing was "coffee coffee coffee coffee" as the wind whipped up a dust cloud leaving nothing but an imprint of an inov8 shoe left in the soft soil of a slowly drying puddle....

When you fall, my boy, you will fall hard. Art's lough tell's no tales.

Have you done your recce?

Touché. You're filling out the form this year then? I'll lend you my whistle:P

• Advertisement

You'll have to find me first. It's anybodys guess, this year a k from Fentons will I be coming from the NW, SE, SSW, NNE...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'm looking longingly at leg 2, but nearer the time, my legs may tell me to wait a year :)

Well done ocnoc, winner of the very windy Circuit of Avonbeg in a new record 2:35.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well done ocnoc, winner of the very windy Circuit of Avonbeg in a new record 2:35.

+1 to that. Well done kid.

Anyone have a spare set of legs for sale?

Just for casual use. Walking, climbing stairs, that sort of thing.

A day of records! Paul has just finished the Wicklow Way in 13:38:51! What a day.

A day of records! Paul has just finished the Wicklow Way in 13:38:51! What a day.

Awesome!!

Magnificent! I was contemplating heading down Clonegal way but the body wasn't fit for standing after the CoA :D

What was the old record time btw?

That's just brilliant! I went driving along the WW from Drumgoff to Tinahely looking for you, but you must have already passed by. Figured you were well on course for a great time if I didn't see you. Well done pablo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

What was the old record time btw?

he has beaten enduros record which was 13.46.01
    http://www.runireland.com/news/eoin-keith-breaks-wicklow-way-record

excellent result - well done, he deserves a pint after that:D
    any photos jeffontour?

• Advertisement

@dpop. Sign him up. He's done all his recces.

groovyg wrote: »
    any photos jeffontour?

Just home so if I manage to make myself somewhat human again I will try upload the pic I have of him at the end and also 1 of the stopwatch! Have been up since 3am though so no guarantees, his folks and missus have loads of snaps though so should have some of them tomorrow hopefully.

Anyone have a spare set of legs for sale?

Just for casual use. Walking, climbing stairs, that sort of thing.

How do you feel about a WW attempt once you've recovered from what appears a total beasting today? :)

How do you feel about a WW attempt once you've recovered from what appears a total beasting today? :)

When I can get from Camaderry to Glendo (4.35km, -540m climb) in sub 12mins and walk the next day... then I'll think about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

@dpop. Sign him up. He's done all his recces.

:-) A pretty savage way to get your recces in all right! Congrats to Paul and congrats to ocnoc..two great record-breaking runs on the same day!

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Jeffontour also deserves huge congrats (along with Rob and Caroline - sorry if they have boards names I don't know). As crew for Paul, they were out of this world. Carolines local knowledge really helped both Paul and crew and Jeff, Rob were 100% on top of feeding, cheerful banter and head-down-get-on-with-it as appropriate.

The rice cakes should be patented and sold as the stuff of legends.:D

I do have one request, a 7 minute lead in for a record, that they genuinely didn't know they were going to break until 1 km out from the finish appears not to be enough tension to send a woman sick of being fat over the edge. Could you cut it a bit closer next time so that I actually have to serve the eviction notice on my squatter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Very impressive record breaking IMRA weekend. Well done to all.

Some entertaining reports over on imra of Circuit of Avonbeg. Sounds like a great route and an enjoyable way to spend time in the mtns. Must get into the LC races

The Leinster Champs is where its at. 6 race reports must be nearly approaching a record. :)

The Leinster Champs is where its at.

If I said that I'd be slated for elitism :rolleyes:

Any chance of a report from one of the marshals of their lonely position high on the ridges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

If I said that I'd be slated for elitism :rolleyes:

Any chance of a report from one of the marshals of their lonely position high on the ridges

The least I can do! :-)

I just put up a waffly one now..

http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/834/tab/report/?feedback=2#841

Ronan

Advertisement