Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget day discussion thread. Your budget chat goes here.(Rules and links first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

kaiser chiefs predicted it years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

does anyone know what I can expect to pay in extra tax on 51K (gross) p.a. salary? I am absolutely dreading this cut. Husband made redundant in March and not entitled to dole or any other type of support due to my salary, which is fair enough, but we are now skint, mortgage switched to interest only, I really can't take another cut or levy..... :confused:

Christ - I'm on 24k, husband in college, not receiving any support from the State. Fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

AT LAST! VIVA la revolution!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Apparently there are smoke bombs and everything going off

Government creating a smokescreen?! Just maybe there is some sh!t going down today and they need to escape undetected alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

does anyone know what I can expect to pay in extra tax on 51K (gross) p.a. salary? I am absolutely dreading this cut. Husband made redundant in March and not entitled to dole or any other type of support due to my salary, which is fair enough, but we are now skint, mortgage switched to interest only, I really can't take another cut or levy..... :confused:

Higher Tax band is been lower from 45.5k is down to 41k (Married one Income) while some tax reliefs are also gone completely and others cut aswell it depends on what tax band you were getting at the moment

so depending on the fact that its a one income household and not taking into reliefs etc you might be paying an extra 1300 a year just a rough guess tho!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

grab yuur pitchsporks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    grab yuur pitchsporks!!

Bonus points for impaling a Green party TD!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bit of a warzone in the Dail at the mo. Question time is on, they are really going for each other in there.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

The Government: climbing in ya windows snatchin ya monies up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

From RTE

In the last few minutes, a flare was lit outside the Dáil by a group of Sinn Féin protestors objecting to the Government's Budget plan.
    At the same time, another group of protestors were beating pots and pans in front of the gates of Leinster House.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Proper fcuking order

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Shenanigans?
    I better go get my broom!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ceann Comhairle looks like he's dying for a piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Brian Lenihan had a huge fecking rock in his front garden and it's still there now. He just couldn't budget.

Apologies. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

none of the live feeds on the first page working. any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

People who are working are losing out on at least €50 a month so no I dont think its enough of a reduction, clearly not enough to get more people out looking for jobs

Sorry but Id have to laugh at that statement,their are 400,000 people currently on the dole!

Now you can accuse them of not looking for work,but many including myself spend most of their time sending out c.v's etc.. looking for jobs but not getting a response.

Now we could go to FAS but look at their website for vacancies & see for yourself how hard it is to find work!,Our GOVERNMENT set up a new Back To Work Initiative which results in the unemployed person working full time & get payed their dole/Minus Travel/food expenses which see's the reintroduction of slavery and sees many been taken advantage for cheap work like working for farmers!

This basically means that any full time/Part time vacancies that were their are now GONE!.,so what you just said is utter rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Oh no! they're "beating pots and pans". They really mean business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Higher Tax band is been lower from 45.5k is down to 41k (Married one Income) while some tax reliefs are also gone completely and others cut aswell it depends on what tax band you were getting at the moment

so depending on the fact that its a one income household and not taking into reliefs etc you might be paying an extra 1300 a year just a rough guess tho!!

:eek:

thanks a million for that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

thats laughable - pots and pans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

kfallon wrote: »
    **** the BBC, it's none of their business, let them keep their noses out :p

It is their business cause RTE will just give a censored, biased view where BBC havent help back any info yet, providing us with the truth and facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Another few pints for the lads before the budget at 3:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Extremely basic dole maths ahead :pac::
    1. €9 cut off the dole = €187
    2. €187 x 4 weeks = €748
    3. €748 - €230 (Rent) = €518
    4. €518 / 4 weeks = €129

€129 a week for me to spend on whatever (save a bit for ESB and UPC internet bill).............meh, I've lived off worse and it's hardly going to leave me as a malnourished skeleton.

I'm just thinking to myself how I'll hear the dole scroungers on Facebook give their misinformed "economic" & "political" opinions with their "OMG, how am I going to survive!?! :eek:"
    Now we could go to FAS but look at their website for vacancies & see for yourself how hard it is to find work!,Our GOVERNMENT set up a new Back To Work Initiative which results in the unemployed person working full time & get payed their dole/Minus Travel/food expenses which see's the reintroduction of slavery and sees many been taken advantage for cheap work like working for farmers!

I'll agree with the quantity of jobs drying up on the FÁS site but I'm on the WPP scheme myself. Work 9 to 5 and I just get my dole but, to be honest, I'm loving this job as I'm an IT Techie and I need to keep myself busy and up to date...............and for the 2nd week in a row I'm the Network Administrator :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

duggy - if ur on the dole why are u not entitled to rent allowance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

none of the live feeds on the first page working. any alternatives?

Jeremy Kyle is on 3e. Another place to watch a shower of lying scumbags pathetically trying to justify their existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Duggy747 wrote: »
    2. €187 x 4 weeks = €748
    4. €518 / 4 weeks = €129

€129 a week for me to spend on whatever (save a bit for ESB and UPC internet bill).............meh, I've lived off worse and it's hardly going to leave me as a malnourished skeleton.

I'm just thinking to myself how I'll hear the dole scroungers on Facebook give their misinformed "economic" & "political" opinions with their "OMG, how am I going to survive!?! :eek:"

agree 100% things such as internet bills can even be cut to help pay for food/fuel etc..!,good to hear your own work experience is going well!,I of course would take up a place on this back to work scheme if their was experience available in soemthing that would benefit my own work preference!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I hope these "politicians" will be taking a big cut to their nice big fat saleries and expenses. And also the number of politicians cuts massively. We dont need one for ever 5 people ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Newstalk/PriceWaterhouseCooper are supposed to have a tax calculator up here once the budget has been delivered....

http://www.newstalk.ie/2010/news/budget-calculator/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Duggy747 wrote: »
    2. €187 x 4 weeks = €748
    4. €518 / 4 weeks = €129

I'll agree with the quantity of jobs drying up on the FÁS site but I'm on the WPP scheme myself. Work 9 to 5 and I just get my dole but, to be honest, I'm loving this job as I'm an IT Techie and I need to keep myself busy and up to date...............and for the 2nd week in a row I'm the Network Administrator :pac:

I wish some of my own friends living on the dole with years could realise this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    duggy - if ur on the dole why are u not entitled to rent allowance?

I pay €57.5 a week on rent, the rent allowance has a minimum limit that I must be paying something along the lines of €65 a week.

So, no dice!

Advertisement