Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget day discussion thread. Your budget chat goes here.(Rules and links first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Just use your tears.

Or someone else's :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

jealousy is a bitch, "rich" people pay the majority of tax
    HUH?
    And there was me believing the rich only contributed 13% to state coffers according to an RTE TV news report yesterday!

Guess RTE (and I subsequently) was wrong.

If anyone can clarify the matter, it would be welcomed.

Of course the rich are going to be hit too! New tax bands are going to be coming in, not to mention the fact that rich people pay more tax anyway. There'll also be a tax on every property people own, as well as various other things that everyone's going to feel the hit on.

I hate this whole "the rich should pay rah rah rah" attitude. The rich DO pay. And the majority of rich people deserve to be rich anyway. They've worked hard to be in that position.

Jesus, are you introducing a cynicism tax? Because I'm fooked if you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jaysus,they're even discussing it on Red Cafe-the Man Utd. forum.Is there no escape from the raping we're gona get later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Biggins wrote: »
    HUH?
    And there was me believing the rich only contributed 13% to state coffers according to an RTE TV news report yesterday!

Guess RTE (and I subsequently) was wrong.

If anyone can clarify the matter, it would be welcomed.

it depends where you draw the line on who is rich, peasant!

AFAIK the top 4% contribute 40-50% of the tax take.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Jaysus,they're even discussing it on Red Cafe-the Man Utd. forum.Is there no escape from the raping we're gona get later today.
    No. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

in relation to our annoyance with rich people paying too little tax....didnt john kenny say on the late late....we may have lost most of our traits during the celtic tiger era, but we'll never loose our begrudgery:D

I hear they are taxing lube as well.

thats ok, I got an endless supply of spit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OMG, thanks soooo much FF for not touching alcohol. You're not as bad as people make you out to be really. You've certainly got my vote.

That_Guy wrote: »
    OMG, thanks soooo much FF for not touching alcohol. You're not as bad as people make you out to be really. You've certainly got my vote.
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And they did help fix all of our gates too.
    And then there's the envelope industry. That's been bolstered.
    From what I recall Lenihan said last year that budget 2010 would be the last of the bad budgets. I am kinda expecting blowjobs and free sweets for budget 2011.
    Thank God we have a party like FF at the helm, chosen of the people, to guide us to the greatness which is surely our destiny.

Damn.
    I've sarcasmed myself into depression again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

In fairness, they could have reduced the price and done themselves an even bigger favour! ;)

And they did help fix all of our gates too.

I don't have a gate. :(

Free gates for all today then!! Hurrah!!!

Oooh.
    Boards have a sexy live feed.
    http://www.boards.ie/budgetlive/
    MMmmm. Gizza wink Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

In anticipation of fags & booze being hit severely in the budget, I bought in 50,000 fags & 200 litres of wine & 500 litres of spirits.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them now.

I don't even drink or smoke.

Anyone see on the news last night all the crowd protection barricades they brought up to Dublin for todays announcements?
    Talk about being prepared and having an ever slight suspicion that some folk might be angry at them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

In anticipation of fags & booze being hit severely in the budget, I bought in 50,000 fags & 200 litres of wine & 500 litres of spirits.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them now.

I don't even drink or smoke.

Where on earth are they all going to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I've read one or two news paper articles saying that the budget is going to be the same size as back in 2004/2005, things weren't so bad back then were they?

Oooh.
    Boards have a sexy live feed.
    http://www.boards.ie/budgetlive/
    MMmmm. Gizza wink Brian

Serious lack of sexiness when I clicked that. All I saw was a fat Rick Moranis. *shudder*

Unpossible wrote: »
    I've read one or two news paper articles saying that the budget is going to be the same size as back in 2004/2005, things weren't so bad back then were they?

Yes. I didn't have the internet in 2005.

This will be one of my last posts ever on Boards.

• Advertisement

Yes. I didn't have the internet in 2005.

This will be one of my last posts ever on Boards.

I knew there'd be something good to come out of this budget.

/runs away.

Where on earth are they all going to sleep?

With each other, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

vinny browne's due on TV3 any moment now...whats the bets he stalks into the studio looking like a zombie and attempts to feed on the brains of his panelists?

oh wait - that's normal.

1420 It is expected that third-level registration fees will be increased to €2,000 annually, but that families with more than one child in college will pay a reduced fee of €1500 for the second and subsequent children.

I wonder if the protests had any impact on this.

Unpossible wrote: »

In what paper?

vinny browne's due on TV3 any moment now...whats the bets he stalks into the studio looking like a zombie and attempts to feed on the brains of his panelists?

oh wait - that's normal.

Will he be wearing his colourful tie I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

I found this on one of my friends facebook.
    If dey cut da dole in dis budget I may start workin.

We are too nice with the dole.

There's something kinda hot about Joan Burton... I do not know why. I feel so dirty.

The protests outside the Dáil are building ahead of the toughest Budget in living memory.

There is a heavy garda presense around Leinster House following an earlier incident where a man drove a cherry-picker truck up Kildare Street to the gates of the Dáil.

Shortly after 7.30am this morning a man parked a cherry picker covered with a number of slogans attacking politicians and the banking sector on Kildare Street.

He raised himself to a height and remained there for a time before lowering it down at around 8.30am

He was then arrested by gardaí and taken to Pearse Street Garda Station.

Authorities are preparing for a day of demonstrations, with left-wing groups, students and community organisations all planning to picket the area this evening and tonight.

http://budget.breakingnews.ie/news/protests-build-up-ahead-of-budget-484727.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Deputy Gilmore is a jobs killer! :eek:

Advertisement