Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Doinker wrote: »
    Jurassic 5 played that day - the full group. Cut Chemist & DJ Nu-Mark came out with two old school turntables strapped to themselves and did their thang on them. Fairly class. Arrested development also played and Speech was out wandering around the crowd with his wife and kids after their set. Stopped for the chat in all.

I knew I had a picture of it somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ka7260

hiya were u the guy that new liam? i was there with him holding his hand and trying to get him to breathe. poor guy i hope he will be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ka7260

hiya were u the guy that new liam? i was there with him holding his hand and trying to get him to breathe. poor guy i hope he will be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

He was awful. I remember geting a great spot at the front and staying all the way through him so I'd be up close for J5. Morillo went way over time and kept going despite being told to finish up a couple of times. Jurassic 5 had less stage time because of him.

His set at the end consisted of putting on Smells Like Teen Spirit and turning the volume up and down on it. Terrible.
    It annoys me hearing **** like this. Pricks like him should be limited to playing funky house clubs in Wigan. I'd have thrown a rock at him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Just saw this on efestivals, it's one lad's experience of sneaking into Electric Picnic. Makes a pretty good read but the guy that wrote it sounds like a total knob who never saw drugs in his life before and the kind of guy I'd go out of my way to avoid if I met him at a festival. Fair enough, he couldn't afford a ticket but he could have worked for one, like I and a lot of other people had to do this year...... Enjoy:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/blog/806/entry-1484-my-electric-picnic-experiences-2011/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just saw this on efestivals, it's one lad's experience of sneaking into Electric Picnic. Makes a pretty good read but the guy that wrote it sounds like a total knob who never saw drugs in his life before and the kind of guy I'd go out of my way to avoid if I met him at a festival. Fair enough, he couldn't afford a ticket but he could have worked for one, like I and a lot of other people had to do this year...... Enjoy:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/blog/806/entry-1484-my-electric-picnic-experiences-2011/

If thats for real then what a waste of oxygen he is and if its not then its pretty funny :D

He really squeezed that gram of MDMA out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

He really squeezed that gram of MDMA out!

hahaha true, but it did seem everywhere he went people were throwing MDMA at him

Same here. It was tough to move with all the MDMA being thrown about. Ankle deep at one point. I was hoping it wouldn't rain in case it ran into my socks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've just lost all faith in humanity reading this....
    DICKHEAD wrote:
    I find that Electric Picnic is always a kind of a competition between the indie fans and the techno heads to see who can take the most drugs and who is getting the best laugh out of it

Am I weird because I spent the weekend enjoying music?

"I felt bad about lying but I had no option" Here's an option, use the money you spent on cans, drugs, hats, sunglasses, icecream, food and other ****e to buy a ****ing ticket.....

I know this is wrong, but I really hope this guy dies of a horribly painful disease, it'd be a great day for the planet to get rid of this waste of air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

just saw this now what a fcukn muppet. Im off to efestivals now to tell him how much off a tosser he is...we should bombard him with hate filled comments over there for the craic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

just saw this now what a fcukn muppet. Im off to efestivals now to tell him how much off a tosser he is...we should bombard him with hate filled comments over there for the craic:D
    The piece in bold does not sit well with me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Bit of a clown alright but death by disease and a hate campaign eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

An over-excited young lad hardly deserves so much hate. He didn't go around punching people in the face or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

That efestivals review has to be a pisstake. It's far too well written to be done by your average skanger. It's full of inaccuracies, like when he says he was refused entry into the main arena on the Friday night (presumably because he had no wristband) in which case he would have been removed from the site. I know as this happened to a friend of mine (he had a wristband, but it was loose all weekend and when one security guard took exception to this he was removed from the site).

If he was off his face all weekend he seems to remember a lot of details, what people looked like, people's ages, the price of things etc... The bit about the plumber with the machine gun WTF!!! It reads more like a short story than a festival review. Perhaps he thought he was entering a writing competition? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

I also like how he just refers to the Picnic as being a competition between indie heads and techno heads to see who can take the most drugs. Yet all he does is talk about taking drugs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

The piece in bold does not sit well with me for some reason.

Fair enough it looks bad i was in a fowl mood earlier after work when i wrote it.
    it just pisses me off that i like many people on here work hard to pay for tickets for events like this and guys like this go with the intention just to sneak in and then have the neck write a blog about it..just gets on my nerves.
    Didnt mean to offend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

It's the fact he was promoting drugs tbh, I was at it this year and seen first hand what MDMA and E done to people, wasn't pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

AG2R wrote: »
    It's the fact he was promoting drugs tbh, I was at it this year and seen first hand what MDMA and E done to people, wasn't pleasant.
    dunno about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I saw a few people who probably bought what they hoped was E but who ended up experiencing an evening of stumbling around on K :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

old gregg wrote: »
    I saw a few people who probably bought what they hoped was E but who ended up experiencing an evening of stumbling around on K :eek:

Score :):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

old gregg wrote: »

They should have paid more attention to Sesame Street when they were young I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

would like to read this but the link is experiencing difficulties - is it anywhere else?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

some errors in his story too, no female could have reissued him a wristband at the box office, he had to go to the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

AG2R wrote: »

Yea seeing all the lads & ladies run into the forest at the dirty Equinox rave on sunday night with no bog roll wasn't a pretty site. I had to shoo one of them away from the tree I was chatting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

.... Arcadia for Underworld was good craic too. Found the sound on the main stage dire all weekend. Was up the back so maybe that was it
    That was Darren Price From Underworld live on Arcadia sunday night.. he came to do a set for us after the show on the main stage and yea it was Rockin!!
    fun times alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Lots of photos from the festival at the following link: Click me!

EP-23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Lots of photos from the festival at the following link: Click me!

EP-23.jpg

Great shots. You really captured the vibe well!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

good job on the photo's. Just goes to show how much cool stuff I missed.

thats what makes it such a great few days, no matter how much you see, you'll miss loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

A shot from our gig at the Salty Dog. What a cool stage!

flingsaltydogexport.jpg

Advertisement