Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

SoulRock wrote: »
    That was Darren Price From Underworld live on Arcadia sunday night.. he came to do a set for us after the show on the main stage and yea it was Rockin!!
    fun times alright :D

Darren Price? you mean Darren Emerson?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

An over-excited young lad hardly deserves so much hate. He didn't go around punching people in the face or anything.

Some people deserve hate.... to be honest, I could get past the drugs(even though he comes across as a complete toolbag), it's more the sneaking in and being so proud about it that pisses me off when I paid 280quid before leaving my house.(ticket+transport).....and the line "i had no choice but to sneak in"(paraphrasing, don't want to read that again).....

Maybe wishing disease on him was a bit harsh I suppose.... still....would be nice if he could stub his toe or something... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Lots of photos from the festival at the following link: Click me!

EP-23.jpg

Great pics, top camera by the looks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

wreckless wrote: »

Darren Emerson hasn't played with Underworld since around 2000. Darren Price was Underworld's tour DJ (not sure for how long but I remember seeing him warming up for them in 94) who now plays with the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

good job on the photo's. Just goes to show how much cool stuff I missed.

thats what makes it such a great few days, no matter how much you see, you'll miss loads.

Was thinking that myself, looking at most of these pics I keep saying "when did that happen?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

good job on the photo's. Just goes to show how much cool stuff I missed.

thats what makes it such a great few days, no matter how much you see, you'll miss loads.

Thanks, this was the first time at EP that I really took the time to explore and skip some bands, especially in the Body & Soul which has so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Lots of photos from the festival at the following link: Click me!

EP-23.jpg

some really great shots - baby with the ear muffs is deadly - who says babies cant be happy at festivals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Just saw this on efestivals, it's one lad's experience of sneaking into Electric Picnic. Makes a pretty good read but the guy that wrote it sounds like a total knob who never saw drugs in his life before and the kind of guy I'd go out of my way to avoid if I met him at a festival. Fair enough, he couldn't afford a ticket but he could have worked for one, like I and a lot of other people had to do this year...... Enjoy:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/blog/806/entry-1484-my-electric-picnic-experiences-2011/

Hilarious! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 carinabean

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Tell him that he's a muppet, and not to be paying 240 quid to be climbing trees!

Ill tell him he's a muppet as soon as he gets out of intensive care.... you muppet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

I had to shoo one of them away from the tree I was chatting up.

You were chatting up a tree? let me guess, Acid?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

milehip1 wrote: »
    You were chatting up a tree? let me guess, Acid?

Nah, he was just chatting up a very ugly girl.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

^so just like I guessed acid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

wreckless wrote: »

Nope Darren Price, been with them for years, first as their tour Dj then when Emerson Left he's been more involved, and now is part of their full live setup, he Played a stomper on Arcadia, deadly craic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Thought that article about bunking in was Hilarious, brilliant stuff, those giving out are not reading between the lines!! cant stop laughing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Here's a vid I put together of clips of bands I recorded over the weekend. Includes Arcade Fire, Warpaint, Everything Everything, the Drums, Interpol, willy Mason, Trinity Orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

is that the guy from starsailor playing when the kid is dancing?

Here's a vid I put together of clips of bands I recorded over the weekend. Includes Arcade Fire, Warpaint, Everything Everything, the Drums, Interpol, willy Mason, Trinity Orchestra.

Great video! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

brmccfc wrote: »
    is that the guy from starsailor playing when the kid is dancing?

Yep. I turned up thinking I'd catch Tieranniesaur and he was playing. The kid was dancing funny but stopped by the time I managed to get the camera on.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

moonflower wrote: »
    Went to Cast of Cheers..... but I started to feel a bit faint a few songs in so I went back to the tent for a lie-down.

Thats because you heard Adebisi Shank earlier in the day. The Cast of Cheers rip them off so badly, your brain must have thought it was experiencing time travel. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

daveyeh wrote: »
    Thats because you heard Adebisi Shank earlier in the day. The Cast of Cheers rip them off so badly, your brain must have thought it was experiencing time travel. :pac::pac:

sound more like foals to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement