Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Anyone who's had enough of this and is looking for some winter sun, come to balmy Terenure. Sun splitting the mostly blue skies, snow melting way...all thanks to the good ole IOM

Edit : Yes I successfully tempted fate ! no sooner do I post that it starts snowing !!

Edit : but it's a really pathetic attempt at sun snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

The IOM shadown seems be be on dublin cc and Dublin south- we need a break any way we've nearly a foot in Sandyford.

Has any one noticed the BBC weather for dublin tmro? According to them we havent had snow all week and today "sleet showers" and tmro is to be clear skies?? WTF?

I had a look at the website on monday and there prediction for the week was absolutley brutal- is the BBC getting back at us for the economy? WAN>KERS

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Does winds becoming more northerly mean bad for meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Apologies if this has been posted before, if it has I haven't seen it - great video, particularly from 55 seconds

http://www.facebook.com/viv.holst?v=wall#!/video/video.php?v=10150114450763793&comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Blue skies and sun in Athboy :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

blue skies and just a handful of very white clouds in dun laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

Looking at the satellite pictures, will the band to the north of the UK and Ireland reach us?

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Huge flakes of snow here in Clondalkin, the walk to the shops was interesting! You can't tell the path from the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Medium shower here now, not sticking however.

Hopefully we get a bit of luck and that streamer stays put now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Very heavy snow falling in Ballyfermot area right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

brisk snowfall has just eased over here in south D15

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Amazing snow in Celbridge!!!! AMAZING!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sun and snow in Santry :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Ha'way you Easterners - blow a bit of it over to the West.... bright and frosty here - not a flake since Monday *sulking*

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just been out, the Northern IOM streamer moved after 0300<g>. Ashbourne has picked up an extra 4 to 6 inches of fresh snow since 0300, and some of it was "real" snow rather than graupel.

Stopped now for a while, but it's made things "interesting", I'm glad I have a 4 x 4 to get into Finglas shortly. The roads can't be too bad, as I saw a Bus Eireann double decker in the village, so the N2 must be passable, albeit that even the main roads are not clear. The estate roads are very much covered and tricky.

Our end of our estate is now starting to look very Alpine, the snow on everything is doing a very good job of hiding all the things that normally don't look so good.

Looking at raintoday, the IOM streamers have backed down a bit, which could be tidal or just the way things are, so hopefully, things will settle down for a few hours now to allow essentials to be dealt with.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Blizzards here all morning, there was a foot on the garden table last night , now its almost a foot and a half.:eek:

I think we should all remember this is DECEMBER and that we are witnessing something special.

I fixed your post :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How is it around Dublin Airport? I'm due to fly back today at 15:20, but i don't know if it's going to be cancelled (again) or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing heavily Newcastle co Dublin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Don't know if coming into work was a good idea :eek:

Ratoath by the way.

Where is this in Ratoath. From there originally, with the snow cant see a landmark anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

clear and sunny in north east meath today, but got alot of snow during the night, roads are a mess and are just about passable but the snow forecast tonight will change that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Not snowing out in Blessington but spotted something which explains why the roads are feckd. Gritter lorry, blade clearing excess snow from road, full of salt passing through Blessington along the N81 but NOT SALTING BEHIND!!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Savage snow again in Blanch/Castleknock.. for the past hour...easily a foot here now:D:D:D

A foot. I'm just at the halfway house end of D15... And I'd say a foot would be an exaggeration by,, maybe 100%+.. There's about 4 inches down here. Is the snow that local.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Northwest business park here in Blanch is really bad now. A big downpour of snow this morning, roads very dangerous.

Just out pushing one of our delivery vans to get it out of the premesis and then again to get it going.

Hopefully will be let home soon. Not looking forward to drive home to Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is unbelievable near whiteout now:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

cabot wrote: »
    Looking at the satellite pictures, will the band to the north of the UK and Ireland reach us?

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

it's forecast to hit the west coast tomorrow morning

ViDuchie wrote: »
    A foot. I'm just at the halfway house end of D15... And I'd say a foot would be an exaggeration by,, maybe 100%+.. There's about 4 inches down here. Is the snow that local.
    yes sometimes it is.
    Within 2 to 3 miles either side of a shower train you could easily have twice the amount or half the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

earlier I stated the cold spell would be coming to a halt on monday after seeing a weather report of temperatures rising to 6 degrees in most of Irlande,however that report was last night! & now their giving highs of jus over 1 degrees sorry for striking the fear earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Blizzard with huge flakes of dry fluffy snow in Artane! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

woohoo!

getting a pounding in Dublin 5!

I think the Northern streamer has shifted south slightly! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

No snow in City Centre

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement