Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

smokin ace wrote: »
    can any of the experts please let us know whats in store for the next 24-48hours

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=116

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Beautiful heavy snow in dub city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

davemc6832 wrote: »
    Just had a big avalanche off the roof. The f****n noise of it! Took out some of the veg pots. The cherry tomatoes never saw it comin. ...... .Lil guys didn't stand a chance.

Can we just have a minutes silence for the Daves cherry tomatoes! It's the least we can do.

Feck that, heavy snow here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Hi, is there a chance Dublin Airport will close again, stuck in Glasgow hoping to fly at 12.15

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Ridiculous conditions at the Red Cow, approaching a blizzard now at this stage. Cant see anymore that about 200 yrds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Citywest D24 very heavy snow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Heavy snow again now in Lucan.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Can I suggest that we have a moments silence for the recently departed cherry tomatoes.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

thegen wrote: »
    Hi, is there a chance Dublin Airport will close again, stuck in Glasgow hoping to fly at 12.15

Blizzard conditions across dublin. Highly likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

looks like there's a big lump there forming just off the coast near drogheda, fingers crossed those hungry feckers don't take it all before it gets to navan. :)

should know more when raintoday gives us the 11:30am picture.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Firhouse - Heaviest snow I have seen since this started earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Check out the South Dublin CC traffic cameras at the moment - the ones from the Tallaght area are unreal!

http://www.sdcc.ie/traffic-cameras/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

Snowing heavily now again in Leopardstown/Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Woke up this morning thinking it hadn't snowed overnight in ballyfermot, place more or less looked the same as late last night but it's been snowing steadily for at least an hour now, very heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Not sure exactly what depth of snow is out there at the moment here in d15, but it's enough now that it's hard to discern where footpaths end and roads begin...and you have gentle slopes in the snow, almost like mini sand dunes. I haven't seen that much snow in a long long time.

edit - looks like I'll be back in the shadow for a little while going by the radar! I think some of the stuff further out has swung back in my direction though so maybe in an hour or two we'll see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Check out the South Dublin CC traffic cameras at the moment - the ones from the Tallaght area are unreal!

http://www.sdcc.ie/traffic-cameras/

Whitestown certainly living up to its name!!

Was quite heavy here in Glasnevin up to a while ago, now some light stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Realtine wrote: »
    Woke up this morning thinking it hadn't snowed overnight in ballyfermot, place more or less looked the same as late last night but it's been snowing steadily for at least an hour now, very heavily.

what are the roads like up around there my husband is going to drive up there from kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Come on Waterford, You can do it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

is there anyone else other than dubs on here 2day:p

any reports from south of bray to waterford????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

channaigh wrote: »
    my husband is going to drive form kilkenny to dublin is he mad to attempt it???

Yes he is. Tell him to take the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heavy snow in D4 :):):)

what are the roads like up around there my husband is going to drive up there from kilkenny

Treacherous. Can he take the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Carlow Kilkenny borders under a lot of snow, I'd say close to a foot, will measure in a while and post pic.
    Roads are deadly, only tractors out here.

Just looked and there 805 users on this forum at the mo! Must be a record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

carlow is in the shadow are the winds gonna change at all

Milling down here in D2 where I am working. I live in Rathmines so its either the Luas or walk home for me which isn't too bad. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Was out driving everyday of the snow but think i'll pass now, way to much snow around Tallaght to go anywhere safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Quite heavy snow here now. Strong wind blowing it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

my husband is going to drive form kilkenny to dublin is he mad to attempt it???

Tell him to look at the link for traffic cameras in Dublin b4 hitting him with the horror that this weather can cause namely cherry tomato slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

They are snow traffic cams!

Looks deserted in most areas too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Snowman that i built last nite, and the dog pulling me on the board. :)
    137735.JPG
    137736.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement