Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Mad heavy snow again in Dublin 15!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

The sun seems to be warming things up near the coast here in Dublin. But there are still places in Ireland that are nearly -11c right now. Impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

good to hear cold spell officially over on monday!,temps te hit 6degrees

Where did you see this? They said on the weather after the 9 o'clock news last night that the cold could continue to next wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Nice big dark clouds coming over D5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A decent streamer to my north, couldn't miss me could it?
    Probably!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Whiteout conditions in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Dublin Airport open, snowing at the moment, no plans to close, breaking action good.

Note London Gatwick closed until 6am tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Petuleta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

More crazy snow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Extremely heavy now in Lucan.
    This is the heaviest I've seen since last Christmas. I'm sure it's been as heavy but it was probably during the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Heavy sleet/snow in North County Dublin/East Meath area right now. There is a bit of a thaw on the ground though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

nice looking active clouds out of donegal coast

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heavy enough here in Lucan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Winds starting to become more northerly. Could Dublin north/north central finally be pushed out of the shadow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

kyub wrote: »
    Whiteout conditions in Dublin 15.

Unreal isn't it. No IOM effect today it seems! Yipee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Pummeling down in Finglas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

report from the middle of the shadow (Terenure) - almost 6 inches on the ground, almost 8 inches on top of the old car which hasn't gone anywhere since this all started.

Any reports on conditions/depths from the south Meath area ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks like we've just been upgraded to red alert for the next 24 hours, the highest possible European weather alert.

map.php?iso=IE&data=0&rnd=1291286740

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Holy crap, craziest blizzard I've ever seen in Swords! Will try & get a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Huge blizzard in Finglas! Awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Really heavy in Clondalkin at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Not wrote: »
    report from the middle of the shadow (Terenure) - almost 6 inches on the ground, almost 8 inches on top of the old car which hasn't gone anywhere since this all started.

Any reports on conditions/depths from the south Meath area ?

Not too sure about depths but my bf couldnt get the car off the driveway for work in Beaumont this morning. So must be bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Don't know if coming into work was a good idea :eek:

Ratoath by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Finally stopping here, hopefully temporary.....

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Looks like we've just been upgraded to red alert for the next 24 hours, the highest possible European weather alert.

map.php?iso=IE&data=0&rnd=1291286740

How come the weather stops at the border... ?:confused:

Any news on how the M50 is holding up? My brother has get from the Airport to Cabinteely this afternoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Sunny & blue skies here in Shankill, Co. Dublin. Still about 3 degrees but no sign of a thaw.

Went up to Tesco Ballybrack and the main roads were fine.

Shelves all stacked and ready for the panic buying!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dmaxontour wrote: »
    How come the weather stops at the border... ?:confused:

Any news on how the M50 is holding up? My brother has get from the Airport to Cabinteely this afternoon...

It doesnt quote for NI. Don't worry, you're getting some too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Savage snow again in Blanch/Castleknock.. for the past hour...easily a foot here now:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Calibos wrote: »
    I was extremely pee'd off yesterday about Bray Seafronts 1 inch of Hail and Graupel slush. Extremely pee'd off that Bray remained under a tiny 2km wide gap in streamers all day and got virtually nothing out of yesterdays massive east coast dumpings. I was pee'd off that the temps were +3 to +4 degrees and there was a thaw all day and night. Pee'd off enough that I stopped the forum and window watching and watched some tv and went to bed early.

But you know what?

Somehow I still thought I would wake up today and be surprised by an overnight Dumping in Bray.

What do I find instead?

Bray is no longer in a gap in streamers. Its in the effing Isle of Man Snow Shadow today after the winds turned more NE overnight.

F F S !!
    +1 :(

my partner also gets SO dissapointed when the snow stops,he is worse than a kid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Heroditas wrote: »
    Extremely heavy now in Lucan.
    This is the heaviest I've seen since last Christmas. I'm sure it's been as heavy but it was probably during the night.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Heavy enough here in Lucan :D
    This is the best forecast ever. Someone mentions snow in Lucan and about 3 minutes later it starts in Celbridge :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement