Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Number? :)

One and One:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

And keep cutting people off... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

carlmwan wrote: »
    wow -6 here and its only 9.20

that's strange coz the snow is melting here quite fast now, been dripping all day and the drips are now heavier and it's not frezzing outside at all. At least 2 inchs of snow melted since this morning. My confidence of snow falling from the atlantic front is fairly low because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Cabra wrote: »

Jaysus, can't even imagine another 10 cms after the dumping we got today. Think that would officially send the city into chaos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

Just started snowing again here in Bray - have had very little all day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

JJJJNR wrote: »
    And keep cutting people off... :rolleyes:

No, do both.

Cutting someone off right now could be argued to be an abuse of human rights by a good lawyer!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Great move from EsB, Bord Gais, etc

What move is that...I missed the news?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

andy_g wrote: »
    Your in Firhouse call top tops!!!!

Nah, I really fancied Macaris. If I call Top Tops I'll be ordering spare ribs and sweet and sour before I know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

i know i keep asking this but is dublin west (clondalkin) gonna get anymore snow overnight?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Number? :)
    Its in Swords, sorry....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

WOAH! according to the NRA roads temp website, enfield is already down to -6.7 and road temp of -7.4!!! so glad my hubby has a " snow" day off tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Gonzo wrote: »
    that's strange coz the snow is melting here quite fast now, been dripping all day and the drips are now heavier and it's not frezzing outside at all. At least 2 inchs of snow melted since this morning. My confidence of snow falling from the atlantic front is fairly low because of this.

That's odd - especially as Dublin Airport is reporting -5ºC (via ME).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Gonzo wrote: »

How? Only the coasts seem to be anywhere near above freezing...
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Only joining in late in the day today but is it getting too warm for snow??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

lovely jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

All deep, quiet and freezing over in Dublin 4 at moment.
    I'm not a met head but is what I see on the radars coming in from the north west about to really hammer us all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Jugs FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

met just said no raise in temps until end of next week at least ah hell I will go mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Cork - Brace Yourselves, its coming :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

RE : earlier discussion about lack of investment in snow plows etc, and the prohibitive cost of buying things that will hardly ever be used.

Check out what they do in New York and Canada. Garbage trucks with attachment slots at the front to take a plow...

800px-Nyc_snow_2003_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Another system for the south tomorrow night after tonights one! If this all pans out properly i'll be in heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Looks like we in for another hammering :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Fantastic forecast there, much more positive, she said snow for both tonight and tomorrow night for much of the country!! and temps dropping to -11.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Great forecast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

baraca wrote: »
    Another system for the south tomorrow night after tonights one! If this all pans out properly i'll be in heaven!

this was a shock--more snow maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Cork - Brace Yourselves, its coming :D:D:D

OMG She specifically said the SOUTH!!!!! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!! ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I hear dripping too, I think its just cause obviously my house is warmer then air temp, so snow on my roof is probably melting. Need better insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Looks like we in for another hammering :D

I'd give Jean a good hammering!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

spockety wrote: »
    RE : earlier discussion about lack of investment in snow plows etc, and the prohibitive cost of buying things that will hardly ever be used.

Check out what they do in New York and Canada. Garbage trucks with attachment slots at the front to take a plow...

800px-Nyc_snow_2003_3.jpg

God Bless America

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement