Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DDigital wrote: »
    I hope you are not referring to me as the "village idiot" or its finger on the report button. I'm entitled to my (non offensive) opinion and also entitled to offer it to those I think need to hear it.

Grow a thick skin, it'll help in the cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Snow is deadly, tought id share it here aswell just for the people who dont check the picture thread :o
    I know its inmature, but what the hell, we only get this once a year :)

So i havent been on this thread all day and havent been keeping up with the forecast :D
    In short, would someone please be able to tell me what the forecast for dublin is tonight ? Or if someone from finglas is on here and they knew what kind of weather were expecting ( hint hint iancar92 :P ) and was able to tell me it would be great.
    You've some balls.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Very light continuous snow in Greystones for about an hour, its the tail end of what pummelled Dublin earlier, less than 1cm I'd say but it all adds up. Radar still encouraging for another hour or so - go North Easterlies!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

If your business is so dependant on the weather that a week of snow means that you'll have to lay people off, then your business was probably going to fail anyway. Any good business will have contingencies in place to deal with supply shocks, and a business shouldn't be in the red just because it loses a week's income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antobrien32

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Moderatesnow in Bray now - looks like we're in the streamer firing line for the next while.

Where in Bray are you? I'm just off the main st and nothing as of yet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ginny wrote: »
    yup in work on Monday they were using a JCB with its bucket down to clear the roads.

The local Aldi hired a jcb to clear the car park,when he was finished he drove it home and all the while we got warnings to avoid the town centre due to snow,council seem to be missing.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

ah please can the economy job loss talk stop if i wanted that i would be watching prime time. Have no job to go to and nothing better to do than discuss snow which here is west wicklow is epic. Any suggestions how to keep path clear dug a foot off today second time in 24 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Dublin looked fantastic today, never seen so much snow in all my life. hope everyone got home allright, trains were running late but mist of them ran I think

I seem to recall there being more snow one time in Dublin in/around 1993.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

mr_plow_jacket.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

I'd forgotten about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

carlmwan wrote: »
    Ye i understand what you are saying but would you rather hate on the snow or enjoy it while we have it...It is not gonna go any faster

This is the only right view on things (in general, not only weather). So anyone coming to a forum and trying to tell out people that they should not be enjoying something they can't help to change - how would you describe that?
    I'd say pretty sad. There is probably a different agenda behind that, too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

spockety wrote: »
    I've posted a poll to gauge the snow lovers vs snow haters with respect to whether it's affecting your income or not:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056108320

The result speaks volumes tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I hope you are not referring to me as the "village idiot" or its finger on the report button. I'm entitled to my (non offensive) opinion and also entitled to offer it to those I think need to hear it.

I was agreeing with you.. it seems like all these people posting on this thread have their heads buried in the snow.. people have to work to stay afloat.. this weather is now making this hard.. also old people living alone will find it hard in this weather.. yet people on posting this site don't think or worry about this sort of thing... they are actually praying Ireland gets deep in snow.. idiots the lot of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Snow is deadly, tought id share it here aswell just for the people who dont check the picture thread :o
    I know its inmature, but what the hell, we only get this once a year :)

So i havent been on this thread all day and havent been keeping up with the forecast :D
    In short, would someone please be able to tell me what the forecast for dublin is tonight ? Or if someone from finglas is on here and they knew what kind of weather were expecting ( hint hint iancar92 :P ) and was able to tell me it would be great.

SOME1 CALL FOR me?!... ha, i was up there yesterday man with the dogs!
    So ye , from what i can see is the IOM is blocking the small showers that are coming over the sea, then the winds are gonna start changing which will rid of them altogher . So ye noting until the early morning id say ( and hopefully it will be A GOOD ONE!) gonna go to bed soon to be able to get up early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

andrew wrote: »
    If your business is so dependant on the weather that a week of snow means that you'll have to lay people off, then your business was probably going to fail anyway. Any good business will have contingencies in place to deal with supply shocks, and a business shouldn't be in the red just because it loses a week's income.

You haven't a clue. Check out the thread on businesses affected by snow in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

I'm not sitting by fire either.. I've no heating, no running water and it's soooooo cold :(
    you can still run the central heating mate just get up to your storage tanks and check an see if theres water in the small tank if there is it is safe to run some people think no water no heating not the case as a heating system has its own water

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I was agreeing with you.. it seems like all these people posting on this thread have their heads buried in the snow.. people have to work to stay afloat.. this weather is now making this hard.. also old people living alone will find it hard in this weather.. yet people on posting this site don't think or worry about this sort of thing... they are actually praying Ireland gets deep in snow.. idiots the lot of them...

You're right. Praying is all that causes all this snow. *slaps forehead*

(Actually, double facepalm)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

I can follow posts. But thanks a lot Einstein.
    No you can't.....this is not the thread to me moaning about people enjoying the snow ...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Well I don't enjoy it and would like to remind you that an already demolished economy is suffering here. I don't know your personal situation, but expect lay offs in the new year as a result of this.

Glass half empty kinda guy? Nothing wrong with being able to enjoy something we have no power in changing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Yeah because praying really works

You're right. Praying is all that causes all this snow. *slaps forehead*

you should slap that forehead abit harder..

• Advertisement

you should slap that forehead abit harder..

And you should smile more :) Instead of calling anyone who loves snow "idiots"....
    In this forum this is actually considered trolling, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Tomorrow could be the last day of proper snow...

Anyone looking to make the best of it and having a snowball fight tomorrow in the phoenix park? About 1? Peoples garden??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

There is always one or two every year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

You haven't a clue. Check out the thread on businesses affected by snow in this forum.

Sorry for making it snow, its all our fault.

Kind regards,

95% of the people on this thread.

And you should smile more :)

I will, if you slap that forehead..:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

daisling wrote: »
    ah please can the economy job loss talk stop if i wanted that i would be watching prime time. Have no job to go to and nothing better to do than discuss snow which here is west wicklow is epic. Any suggestions how to keep path clear dug a foot off today second time in 24 hrs

Salt any kind - its good up to -10 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

So what is the forecast for City tonight? Will we get anymore snow? will it freeze? I am in Ashtown/Phoneix Park area and it little over cast but no snow at all!

There is always one or two every year :rolleyes:

true, one or two sensible people and a village full of idiots on this site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Cheers.

Its hard to decipher the opinion here such is the delight in seeing the country grind to a ****ing halt.

• Advertisement

I will, if you slap that forehead..:P:P

No, you're obviously not the type who tries to enjoy whatever he/she can, and not groan and moan on things that can't be changed.
    Might not be true, but this is the impression you are giving - just so you know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement